PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Make $$$ Online Using Alpha 5 Web Application? & Happy New Year :-)

ABC123

Maroine81
12-30-2011, 05:29 PM
This is not a question about Getting Rich Quick Schemes or the like but rather about creating a scalable online business which would generate recurring income using Alpha 5 Web Application. BaseCamp & Aweber are great examples of what I'm talking about.

What do you guys think? Do you know any other examples? How would you go about making money online using A5?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts & happy new year! :-)

Peter.Greulich
12-30-2011, 05:39 PM
I don't know. I suppose if I had a good answer, I'd do it myself.

Clipper87
12-30-2011, 06:00 PM
There's a lot of opportunity in the SMB* market for mobile webapps: every small company that has people on the road for some reason or with multiple offices/locations wants it & needs it. If they have the vision then they just think they can't afford it because they already paid big time for their static website... Another area is SaaS where multiple tenants use 1 app. Education offers opportunities for example.

Joyeux Nouvel An!

* for non european readers: SMB's out here are companies anywhere from 10 to a few 100 employees otherwise we talk about corporates.

DaveM
12-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Nothing happens until you sell something.

That is always the basis! Sell an app to someone or business and then make it for them. That is one way! It is also the key to the web business side.

Most businesses that make a lot are the ones that make or make available something to fill a need of others and then help them find it. The ones that go in to business just to make cash generally fail.

Maroine81
12-31-2011, 08:50 AM
There's a lot of opportunity in the SMB* market for mobile webapps: every small company that has people on the road for some reason or with multiple offices/locations wants it & needs it. If they have the vision then they just think they can't afford it because they already paid big time for their static website... Another area is SaaS where multiple tenants use 1 app. Education offers opportunities for example.

Joyeux Nouvel An!

* for non european readers: SMB's out here are companies anywhere from 10 to a few 100 employees otherwise we talk about corporates.

Those are some good points although if you target one small business at a time you are not scalling it but rather focusing on solutions to one client at a time rather than one solution to a targeted smalll businesses; SaaS is a good model for that - I like the idea for an app education but then students (which most are broke) will be the target market rather than businesses

thanks for sharing & Bonne Anne'e

Maroine81
12-31-2011, 08:55 AM
Nothing happens until you sell something.

That is always the basis! Sell an app to someone or business and then make it for them. That is one way! It is also the key to the web business side.

Most businesses that make a lot are the ones that make or make available something to fill a need of others and then help them find it. The ones that go in to business just to make cash generally fail.

I wouldn't agree more about filling a need especially for small & medium businesses; the question that comes after is: What are these needs? How can you analyze S&M businesses needs and use alpha 5 web to build simple easy to use online app that fullfils that need?

Thanks for sharing David & happy new year

DaveM
12-31-2011, 12:15 PM
One of the needs I found was to be able to add vehicles as soon as purchased by a car dealer. These can now be uploaded from an auction straight to my app at a dealership. No, I am not using the new cell phone/ipad technologies yet, but soon.

Dealers needed a good CRM built especially for the auto business and that is the reason I developed the original app.

Most time. the Best place to start is where you make your living. Just look and see wht could help make your own life easier at work or play. Then look around to see what apps may be there that would help that. You may find what you are looking for.

Steve Wood
12-31-2011, 02:00 PM
I make money by helping people here. Not directly of course, no one pays me here. But potential clients come to me through my participation. Opportunities to partner in larger opportunities come out of that.

Keith Hubert
12-31-2011, 03:05 PM
I think the real question is, "how do you make money from any web site, regardless of what software is used"?

The answer is, it is the same as opening any business, understanding the needs of your potential customers. A web site is your shop front!!

Maroine81
12-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Most time. the Best place to start is where you make your living. Just look and see wht could help make your own life easier at work or play. Then look around to see what apps may be there that would help that. You may find what you are looking for.

What you just said reminds me of how basecamp was developed; they were a web design company that needed a better easier simpler way of collaborating projects, which led them to become the app users and developers at the same time. This allowed them to better understand their needs and requirements that eventually led to their success...Thanks for the tip!

Maroine81
12-31-2011, 04:35 PM
I make money by helping people here. Not directly of course, no one pays me here. But potential clients come to me through my participation. Opportunities to partner in larger opportunities come out of that.

Steve, you've made a name for yourself through hard work and delivering results that your clients needed. I respect that! it didn't come overnight but throughout years of learning programming networking and helping others get what they need. Your participation in this forum speaks for itself. I think you have better understanding of what your clients need and I can see that through the products and services offerings that you have available on your site.
I want to fullfil client's needs too I just didn't find some worth pursuing yet.

Thanks for sharing!

Maroine81
01-01-2012, 07:50 AM
I think the real question is, "how do you make money from any web site, regardless of what software is used"?

The answer is, it is the same as opening any business, understanding the needs of your potential customers. A web site is your shop front!!

The question is specific to A5 web app. Why? because it brings higher value than say wordpress and because of its capabilities and higher barrier of entry. Almost everyone can set up a website nowadays with wordpress and start serving their potentiel clients with what they need online BUT not everyone can build a powerful & usable web application that delivers higher service/value than wordpress. Also since we own A5 licenses and are familiar with how to use it, the app would be developped faster which will reduce cost time and money compared to using some other software.

If I develop an online app that delivers a service that my potential clients need using Alpha 5 Web App then it becomes my shop front AND my business; the shop front is the business and vice versa 2 in 1 !!

Happy new year

Keith Hubert
01-01-2012, 01:46 PM
The question is specific to A5 web app.It is only specific because that is the tool he is working with and is being asked on this forum. The question as I understand it is, can websites like BaseCamp & Aweber be built using A5? The answer to that is Yes, but not overnight. You just need the imagination to make the site different and the skill to put it altogether so that it runs smoothly.

Dont forget Facebook was not the original of its type, but it is now the most successful. Nothing to do with what software it was written with.

With regards to making money online with A5, by the end of this month I should have a recruitment site go live with space paid for by advertisers.

Happy New Year to you too.

Clipper87
01-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Keith,

Keep us posted here on your new site!

Keith Hubert
01-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Frank, you can play in the test area here (http://81.149.248.82:8080/index.a5w)

Ted Giles
01-03-2012, 06:07 AM
Clicked there Keith and got rubbish first time but it came clear second time. But it is blowing a gale here!

Looks pretty cool, and I can see the Alpha influence.
Regarding our other conversation and costs.
Would this be classed as a single WAS licence, or did you opt for a DT Grid approach using R/t?

And, having played a bit more, how easy is it to set up the PayPal bit?

Keith Hubert
01-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Hi Ted,

how easy is it to set up the PayPal bit?No idea, not using Pay Pal.

Ted Giles
01-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Well it features on your new Recruitment Website Keith.

Maroine81
01-05-2012, 04:13 PM
With regards to making money online with A5, by the end of this month I should have a recruitment site go live with space paid for by advertisers.

Happy New Year to you too.

Thanks. Congrats on taking the initiative to start your own church related job finder niche site! Keep up the good work Keith -) I think it's a great idea
I am also looking into some potential ideas to make them real using A5 and right now I am finalizing the research process and soon will choose the most feasible one and start working on it!

Keith Hubert
01-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Ted,

Thanks for pointing that out, that is in the pipeline but not active yet.

DaveM
01-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Maroine,

I make small to medium desktop apps and sell them on the web. Some of these can be found in places like tucows as shareware. I do make a website for these that have downloadable updates as support. I also advertise my race car app on forums that are there for the racers. These mostly cost nothing as advertising.

The best money maker for me is already out there and I typically sell it face-to-face to car dealers. I normally teach the sales people and the managers how to use it after the sale. It is simple, but it works. Remember, the car business is where my expertise shined for many years.

Whatever you decide to do, use suggestions/ideas that just make sense.

Ted Giles
01-06-2012, 04:55 AM
Thanks for pointing that out, that is in the pipeline but not active yet.
I'd be most interested to chat about your experiences with PayPal when you get around to it if you have time Keith.

Maroine81
01-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Maroine,

I make small to medium desktop apps and sell them on the web. Some of these can be found in places like tucows as shareware. I do make a website for these that have downloadable updates as support. I also advertise my race car app on forums that are there for the racers. These mostly cost nothing as advertising.

The best money maker for me is already out there and I typically sell it face-to-face to car dealers. I normally teach the sales people and the managers how to use it after the sale. It is simple, but it works. Remember, the car business is where my expertise shined for many years.

Whatever you decide to do, use suggestions/ideas that just make sense.

Thanks Dave for sharing your ways of making money online with A5 with us...your advice is very much appreciated i'll keep it in mind.

Maroine81
03-28-2012, 12:50 PM
And, having played a bit more, how easy is it to set up the PayPal bit?

I am also interested in how paypal is integrated as another form of payment, I found the following link that you might find useful:

PayPal Integration Center (https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/library_documentation)