PDA

View Full Version : "Certified" Alphaholic?

ABC123

ViCas
01-29-2012, 02:25 PM
What do I need to "drink" to become a "Certified" Alphaholic?

glenschild
01-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Neil, you need to drink the nectar of a 1,000 forum posts to be considered "Certified". Exactly what that proves is a whole different matter :-) Personally I think there should be another category called "Alpha Yoda" = "wise in the ways of Alpha" entry requirement to be 20k posts! :-)

ViCas
01-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Glen, so I have many more miles to go and posts to type. It is going to take me many moons and I have to have the "Force" with me. :))

Steve Workings
01-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Patience and perseverance Grasshopper, your time will come....

Tom Cone Jr
01-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Neil, I don't recall anyone reaching alphaholic status simply by asking questions. We get there by helping others. Hope that you will do likewise.

ViCas
01-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Steve, thank you. Patience is the virtue I have to work on.

Tom, you are correct. I am a newbie in the world of Alpha and a midget amongst giants like you. At present, all I can do is ask questions to learn the intricacies of the system from experienced Alphaholics like you. As I learn more about the world of Alpha and experience its sweetness and bitterness, I will be able to answer questions and become enlightened enough to become a junior Alphaholic. :)

Ted Giles
01-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Neil, even when you think you are on the verge of knowing everything, or at the very least being comfortable with Alpha, someone asks a question and you wonder how the heck they came up with it.
You will learn a lot by trying to answer questions, and there are soooo many ways to design and use Alpha, that your contribution will be as valid as anyone elses. If it works that is.
Even Tom - at 21k+ posts asks the occasional question.

Ray in Capetown
01-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Unlike some other addictions, this one doesn't need Alphaholics anonymous.
No-one seems to need giving it up (except perhaps for the spouses)