PDA

View Full Version : How many active A5 developers in the UK?

ABC123

WokingJon
03-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm currently working on a quote for a desktop based system for a small company & they have asked what might happen if I was no longer able to support any solution I may provide.

I said I'd try to find out how many active A5 developers there are in the UK at present so that they could feel more comfortable that they would have someone to turn to in the event I wasn't around any more.

So, all you developers out there - how many of us are there?

Keith Hubert
03-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi Jon,

If by chance you get run over by the no 9 omni bus, I would be pleased to come to the aid of your customer.

First I would need to sign a NDA. Do you have one prepared?

Ted Giles
03-02-2012, 01:57 PM
And me.
Why the NDA Keith?

Keith Hubert
03-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Ted,

Until that bus comes along, I'm sure he would want some form of protection!!!!

Steve Wood
03-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Go to this page and select Europe from the World Region dropdown: http://alphadevnet.com/developers.a5w

Ted Giles
03-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Ah! Him not you! I thought you were being over protective.

Ted Giles
03-03-2012, 06:00 AM
Go to this page and select Europe from the World Region dropdown: http://alphadevnet.com/developers.a5w
Shows 3 in Europe - all in the UK, and I know that there are many, many more. And Europe is a big place.
These are IADN members, so I presume that they are Paid Up members Steve?
Whatever happend to my Free registration and newsletter subscription I was promised?

Anyway, you don't have to be an IADN member to be able to develop or support Alpha apps Jon, but their process of accepting applications for sale is probably quite rigerous, so if you bought an app through the site, then it would be a thoroughly tested and working one. Bit like mine.

Steve Wood
03-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Newsletter: getting to it.

Am in the process of adding ALL who registered to the map (based on survey still to come), but only with contact information for the official developers (link to their profile). There is criteria to become a Developer on IADN -- understanding absolutely there are plenty of qualified developers who are not IADN members.