PDA

View Full Version : Ms sql 2012


ABC123

Steve Workings
03-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Well, MS SQL 2012 is out, and I have a client who's installed it and we can't quite figure out how to connect to it. Basic question: has anyone done this yet? I have a note into Selwyn to ask if maybe we need something from Alpha, but it could well be my own problem, not Alpha's.

Ted Giles
03-16-2012, 04:10 PM
I downloaded the latest web builder stuff Steve. MS Matrix.
It required a whole load of additional downloads, including IIS Express which gave me grief.
It's all on the Dev PC so I'll try and connect, but I didn't need to for he project I'm working on.

bobalston
03-16-2012, 05:56 PM
I assume you are talking about WebMatrix? What thinks you?

bob

Ted Giles
03-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Yep Webmatrix. Easily confused am I.

Bill Griffin
03-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Steve,

I just downloaded SQL Express 2012 and have no problem connecting to it from Alpha or Navicat. It is local on my system, and won't have access to my network till next week, but I don't think the problem is with 2012...

Steve Workings
03-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Yes, SQL Express 2012. We connected fine locally, but were struggling to connect via remote access. Turns out firewall and other security problems were our real trouble so we've decided to settle for remote desktop access.

madtowng
04-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Talk about jumping into a fire. I just installed SQL 2012 Express.
Fought through enabling tcp/ip as well as poking the appropriate holes
in the firewall and creating a new sql user login.
I can now connect to my SQL database from a seperate machine.

31820

The issue I am running into now involves the Database Upsize Genie.
To test the genie, I created a test table and added data for 1 row.

The table has one each of the following fields : character, numeric (with decimal places), numeric (without decimal places),
date, time, and memo.
The genie fails each time, giving a Table not found error.
31823


IF I remove the memo field, the genie works as expected.
31824
I have used the genie to upgrade tables with memo fields to mySQL on several occasions.
I want to upgrade several tables that each use memo fields.