Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

UX with List Control asks to Submit Changes when selecting record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UX with List Control asks to Submit Changes when selecting record

Hi All...

So I have a really weird thing that I cannot figure out. I have a UX that has a list on it. The UX is opened in a window from a button on UX. When you select a record in the list for some reason it thinks I edited something and I cannot get out of the window unless I submit or reset my changes. Now I added a submit and reset button to get out of it but I shouldn't have to. I have no onClick event.

This is a video of what it is doing.

https://www.screencast.com/t/luPlPtlnhJb

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks
    Joe
    Never take a ride to the edge of your mind unless you've got a ticket back - Jon Oliva - Savatage.

Re: UX with List Control asks to Submit Changes when selecting record

How are you opening the Window which contains the List? What is the method or Action you're using?
    What Version/Build of Alpha are you using?

Essentially, by selecting a Row in the List... you are making a change to the UX... something has changed... and it is now dirty.

If you're using the Action "Open a UX component" to open your List UX... you can turn off the Action property "Warn before closing if Component in window is dirty".
    Last edited by Davidk; 04-10-2018, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I am using 12.4.5.2 Build 4770 5018

I have an onClick Event that opens the Window. The Action is "Open a UX component"

I have one argument binding on the Limit_Id field LIMIT_ARG.

Screenshot from 2018-04-10 18-10-56.png Screenshot from 2018-04-10 18-11-12.png
      Never take a ride to the edge of your mind unless you've got a ticket back - Jon Oliva - Savatage.

Comment

You can turn off the Action property "Warn before closing if Component in window is dirty".

Comment

That fixed the warning but is that a band-aid or is that how I'm supposed to do it?

Thank you for all of your help and quick replies.

Comment

It can get a little tricky because the Selection of a row does make the UX dirty... although no data edit has taken place. It really comes down to what is going on in the UX.

In your case, you're simply Selecting a row. If you Select a row, but then change your mind about doing something further and you don't view any detail, why should a dirty UX get in your way. You've not really done anything.

So, turn off the warning... since it's a benign change. Not a band-aid, but rather a choice about how you want your UX to behave.

Comment

Thank you. That makes sense. I would have never thought selecting the row would make the UX dirty. I thought dirty meant something needs to change.

Comment

I'd agree. At most it should be that the List is dirty... but not in a way that would prevent navigation automatically. It's fine if I want to check it and proceed based on a result.

But... to make the whole UX dirty because of a List selected row just doesn't make sense. At least you can ignore the condition.

Comment

Just a note: Your list is an object, which is an array. When an item is selected in a list it then stores that value in another array. In the case of multi select, it stores several rows in that new array. Because there is now data in that array, it sees it as "dirty". An individual record in the list, however, wouldn't be dirty. So, in your case, the system is acting appropriately and you have to do what David said.

Are you using this only for lookup purposes? So you want to grab the selection and return the value to the parent ux?

Comment

I'd say the system is acting as it was created... but not appropriately. A selected List row does not make for a dirty UX.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure why they chose to make that a "dirty" status either. Could be a good reason for it, but I don't know what that would be. I have one thought, which may be off base: since they have list controls that store data for a field (such as a formview control with an editor with a list control) it may be they wanted to share code. This is one case where I could see the selection of an item in a list as meaning "dirty".

Comment

Since controls can be set via arguments, it makes sense that it could be assumed dirty with options to update all, dirty only or simply close without any changes as additional options. For a no code guy, I think they got it all covered with a few check boxes. I took similar issue with it in the past but again with the available options it makes for a good builder overall.
                        NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Working...
                        X