Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

getValue of Grid Expander Row from UX opened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getValue of Grid Expander Row from UX opened

I know how to get the value of fields from a selected Grid Expander (child) Row:

I can use a button to call this code from the Parent:

var rownum = pObj._selectedRow;
    var objName = '{grid.componentName}_R' + rownum + 'G1_GridObj';

var childRow = window[objName]._selectedRow;
    var getPrice = window[objName].getValue('G','PRICE',window[objName]._selectedRow);

Here's where I'm having a problem:
    1. There's a Button on the Expander Row (above) that opens a UX and I want to populate values on the UX with values from the selected row of the Expander Row. I "thought" (incorrectly, obviously) that if the Button was on the Expander row, itself, that the Expander Row would be the Parent (and it would be easy). But, when the UX is open, it sees the "Parent" as the Parent of the Expander Row.
    2. How can I get data from the "Selected Row" of the Expander to the newly-opened UX? I know if can probably be done with Session Variables, but I'd prefer to access the data I want using a "getParentObject" method, if possible (it's cleaner that way). I just don't know how to get to the "child" of the Parent, FROM the newly opened UX.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Hope you had a great Memorial Day holiday!

Phil

Re: getValue of Grid Expander Row from UX opened

I'm having difficulty parsing your terminology. It might be easier if you said parent grid and child grid, but whatever. If your button is on the same row/grid as the data, you can pass in the values to the UX using arguments. Selwyn has videos showing how to do this. I use this method all the time.
    Peter
    AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
    https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Is this what you're looking for? This is Video D58. http://www.viddler.com/v/58be144

This talks about setting up the parent grid and the row number as arguments.

Comment

David and Peter: Thanks so much for responding. I apologize for not communicating very well. I'm very familiar with the video you referred to... and use it all the time.

BUT, in this case, I'm trying something different: I'll try to explain better... and with some images:

For this component, I'm calling up a "modal popup UX" FROM one of the rows of an already-expanded grid (see Image 1). As you can see, once expanded that record has 3 rows. On the "green" expanded row, there's a button (red text) that says "Invoice Now!" When clicked, that button opens a UX (modal pop-up). See Image 2. As you can see, I have no problems pre-populating the top section, but I want to populate the middle section with the 3 blue-circled fields from whichever expanded row I'm on. That's why I need to get information from "the Parent's Child... selected row" (I can get the data from the "first 'child' row, but not from the "selected" child row, if it's not the first row).

I hope that makes more sense. FYI, if I wanted to get the "selected child row" from the grid's parent, that's easy (that's the code I showed)... BUT, I don't know how to do it when I'm trying to get "the child's date from the parent, from another child (at least, that's the best way I can explain what I'm trying to do). I think the images show it best.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks again for your help.

Phil
        Attached Files

Comment

Phil,

I would do it as I said using arguments. Define 3 arguments on your popup UX - Category, Description, Price. Set them to the corresponding UX fields. Set the default values of each of those UX fields to the corresponding argument like this:
          =:Category
          =:Description
          =:Price

In the Action JS that calls the UX from the red button, find the arguments section and click on it. You should see your 3 arguments from the UX. Double click on each and set the corresponding field from your grid.

That should fill in the values from the child grid to the popup UX when you open the UX from the button.
          Peter
          AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Phil,

Checkout videos G_V12-18.

Not sure if that is the same as David's video.
            Peter
            AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Peter, you're amazing! I can't believe you took the time to write over the holiday weekend.

I must have had "brain freeze"... once I used the "arguments," as you recommended, I was able to accomplish exactly what I needed. The G-V12-18 video was also a great help to me as I try to acquire new skills. I hadn't seen that one before.

Again, I really appreciate your help. That will allow me to deliver a major feature upgrade to my customer.

Comment

Working...
              X