Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Phonegap Build failing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phonegap Build failing?

Hey everyone,

For a while now I've had 0 issue building projects with phonegap, but it appears as of late, all my builds are failing, and I can't quite figure out why. I'm looking through the logs of the build and seeing this:

Code:
    Subproject Path: CordovaLib
    Running command: /project/gradlew cdvBuildDebug -b /project/build.gradle -Dorg.gradle.daemon=true -Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx2048m -Pandroid.useDeprecatedNdk=true
    The Task.leftShift(Closure) method has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 5.0. Please use Task.doLast(Action) instead.
    	at build_dtfv34ozxsan19colc57gl3lg.run(/project/build.gradle:138)

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
    Build file '/project/build.gradle' line: 253

* What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating root project 'project'.
    > Could not get unknown property 'GMS_VERSION' for object of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler.

* Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1.282 secs
    Command finished with error code 1: /project/gradlew cdvBuildDebug,-b,/project/build.gradle,-Dorg.gradle.daemon=true,-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx2048m,-Pandroid.useDeprecatedNdk=true
    Error: /project/gradlew: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
    FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
    Build file '/project/build.gradle' line: 253

* What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating root project 'project'.
    > Could not get unknown property 'GMS_VERSION' for object of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler.

* Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
        at ChildProcess.whenDone (/project/cordova/node_modules/cordova-common/src/superspawn.js:169:23)
        at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
        at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
        at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:877:16)
        at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:226:5)
    While I can see what it's trying to say, I don't quite see how any of this is fixible inside alpha.
    Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks!

Re: Phonegap Build failing?

There's a lot of information missing here... Alpha vesion/build, PGP Cli Version, PhoneGap Builder Version, Android Minimum SDK Version.

PhoneGap Build goes through a flux of changes every few months which manages to really mess things up for a while. Things settle down... all is going well... and then they change things again. Kinda like Alpha actually.

If you're using PhoneGap Version cli-7.0.1... try changing to cli-7.1.0.

Comment

Hey David,

Alpha version is Version 12.4.5.2, build 4770, addins build 5018
      CLI version is 6.5, i've tried 7.0.1 and 7.1.0 with no luck, same issue
      Minimum android version SDK is 19

Not sure if this'll help. This is strange, I've never seen anything close to this before when using phonegap in alpha.

Comment

Which Plugins are you using?

Comment

I found the issue actually, it seems to be that google analytics was the issue. Removing that plugin has fixed the issue.

Comment

I am suddenly having an issue with PGB tonight since updating to the latest release 5487_5217

The error in Adobe says I need to disable PushWoosh but when I do I get a wierd error from AS
            pwoosh-error.JPG

anyone else seeing this? Really is screwing me up right now as I have updated a component within my app.
            NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

I created a NEW build, with new components. First build went fine. I went to create a new baseline build and got the same error message from AS. Is anyone else getting this error? I removed all plugins as a test but get the same thing. If I turned instant update OFF (it was on for the first build) I do not get the error.
              NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

How did you disable PushWoosh? This sounds like a issue with your config.xml file... which is an extremely sensitive file. It also sounds like you're using the Instant Update feature.

Does "created a NEW build" mean you created a new PhoneGap Build Project? That would have created a new config.xml file in it's current format and should be ok.
                Do you edit the config.xml file in any way other than through the Alpha PhoneGap builder?

Comment

I've confirmed the error you're seeing. It has nothing to do with Instant Update. And... you don't have to go through the process of submitting to PhoneGap Build.

If I add the PushWoosh Plugin and Save... and then get back into the builder and uncheck the PushWoosh Plugin... and Save... I get the error you're reporting.

I see this error in the latest official release 5487 and in the latest pre-release 5515.

You should report this as a bug to Alpha.

The issue is that you cannot remove the PushWoosh plugin using the builder. To work around this, edit your config.xml file outside of Alpha. Remove the PushWoosh plugin line and save the file. You should now be back to building normally.
                  Last edited by Davidk; 12-12-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks David!

Comment

That’s a bug in some old code that is only fired when the PushWoosh plugin is removed.
                      Surprised it was just reported.
                      Goes to show you how often someone adds the PushWoosh plugin and then removes it!

Pushing update out now for inclusion in tomorrows’ pre-release build.

Simple work around, remove the plugin install code from the project config.xml file.
                      <plugin name="pushwoosh-pgb-plugin" source="npm" version="7.0.7" />

If you indicated that you wanted support for beacons and geotags you also should remove this code as well.

<gap:config-file platform="ios" parent="UIBackgroundModes" overwrite="true">
                      <array>
                      <string>location</string>
                      </array>
                      </gap:config-file>

<gap:config-file platform="ios" parent="NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription">
                      <string>This app uses location services for use with push notifications.</string>
                      </gap:config-file>
                      Last edited by Bob Moore; 12-12-2018, 01:36 PM.
                      Bob Moore

Comment

I've been having my PhoneGap builds failing every time I try to use Phonegap 8.0 (7.1 works fine). The message on PhoneGap is usually related to plug-ins, such as Whitelist or Toast. I tried unchecking these plug-ins, but they always seem to not allow me to uncheck them. I took your advice today and removed them from the config.xml file, and now I am getting errors on other plug-ins. I can continue removing plug-ins, or possibly modify the plug-in version in the config.xml file. I’m just not sure if this is normal behavior or if anyone else has had problems with PhoneGap 8.0. I have included the error message from PhoneGap below

Error - Plugin error (you probably need to remove plugin files from your app): Fetching plugin "[email protected]" via npm Installing "cordova-plugin-statusbar" at "2.4.2" for android Failed to install 'cordova-plugin-statusbar': Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/tmp/gimlet/33008880/3406862/www_android/AndroidManifest.xml' at Error (native) at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:640:18) at Object.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:508:33) at Object.parseElementtreeSync (/tmp/gimlet/33008880/3406862/www_android/cordova/node_modules/cordova-common/src/util/xml-helpers.js:180:27) at new AndroidManifest (/tmp/gimlet/33008880/3406862/www_android/cordova/lib/AndroidManifest.js:29:20) at AndroidProject.getPackageName (/tmp/gimlet/33008880/3406862/www_android/cordova/lib/AndroidProject.js:99:12) at Api.addPlugin (/tmp/gimlet/33008880/3406862/www_android/cordova/Api.js:223:57) at handleInstall (/usr/local/lib/npm/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman-151/node_modules/pgb-cordova-lib/src/plugman/install.js:594:10) at /usr/local/lib/npm/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman-151/node_modules/pgb-cordova-lib/src/plugman/install.js:364:24 at _fulfilled (/usr/local/lib/npm/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman-151/node_modules/q/q.js:787:54) ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/tmp/gimlet/33008880/3406862/www_android/AndroidManifest.xml'

Alpha Anywhere Version (Registered): 12
                        Compiler: Microsoft C Compiler version 1914
                        Build: 5487
                        Addins: 5217

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                        Last edited by RustyB; 12-13-2018, 04:47 PM. Reason: For some reason my post was cut off

Comment

PhoneGap Build is a moving target of updates and incompatibilities between plugins and PhoneGap releases. Everything runs just fine for months, then a new PGB release comes out and all hell breaks loose with plugin versions.

Using PhoneGap Version cli-8.0.0 I don't have any issues with Whitelist or Toast plugins... using these versions...

Code:
                          	<plugin name="cordova-plugin-whitelist" source="npm" version="1.3.3" />
                          	<plugin name="cordova-plugin-x-toast" source="npm" version="2.6.0" />
                          If you're using a current version of Alpha, but an older project... and therefore an older config.xml file, then that could be an issue with plugin versions. You could try renaming your config.xml file, and letting Alpha create a new config.xml for you. You'll need to add everything again, but it's a small price to pay to get a current config.xml file.

Again, it may not be Whitelist or Toast causing the issue, but some other plugin. You've have to list the other plugins you're using and their versions.

Comment

Yes, these are the versions of white list and toast that I am using. I tried it out in a brand new PhoneGap project and have gotten the same result.

Comment

These are my current plug ins

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-camera" source="npm" version="2.4.1" />
                              <!-- cordova-plugin-camera support -->
                              <edit-config target="NSCameraUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
                              <string>This app requires camera access to take pictures</string>
                              </edit-config>
                              <edit-config target="NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
                              <string>This app requires photo library access to read photo library pictures</string>
                              </edit-config>
                              <edit-config target="NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
                              <string>This app requires location access to geo-tag photos</string>
                              </edit-config>
                              <edit-config target="NSPhotoLibraryAddUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
                              <string>This app requires photo library write access to save pictures in the photo library</string>
                              </edit-config>
                              <!-- end cordova-plugin-camera support -->

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-console" source="npm" version="1.1.0" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-media-capture" source="npm" version="1.4.3" />
                              <!-- cordova-plugin-media-capture support -->
                              <edit-config target="NSMicrophoneUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
                              <string>This app requires access to the microphone for audio recording</string>
                              </edit-config>
                              <edit-config target="NSCameraUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
                              <string>This app requires camera access to take pictures</string>
                              </edit-config>
                              <edit-config target="NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
                              <string>This app requires photo library access to read photo library pictures</string>
                              </edit-config>
                              <!-- end cordova-plugin-media-capture support -->

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-device" source="npm" version="1.1.7" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-file" source="npm" version="4.3.3" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-file-transfer" source="npm" version="1.5.1" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-geolocation" source="npm" version="2.4.3" />
                              <!-- cordova-plugin-geolocation support -->
                              <edit-config target="NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
                              <string>This app requires access to your location for location based information</string>
                              </edit-config>
                              <!-- end cordova-plugin-geolocation support -->

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-media" source="npm" version="3.0.1" />
                              <!-- cordova-plugin-media support -->
                              <edit-config target="NSMicrophoneUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
                              <string>This app requires access to the microphone for audio recording</string>
                              </edit-config>
                              <!-- end cordova-plugin-media support -->

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-network-information" source="npm" version="1.3.4" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-dialogs" source="npm" version="1.3.4" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-splashscreen" source="npm" version="5.0.2" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-keyboard" source="npm" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-open" source="npm" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-zip" source="npm" version="3.1.0" />
                              <plugin spec="https://github.com/remoorejr/DocumentHandler.git" source="git" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-file-opener2-base64" source="npm" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-nativeaudio" source="npm" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-spinnerdialog" source="npm" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-sqlite-ext" source="npm" version="0.9.1" />

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-statusbar" source="npm" version="2.4.2" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-x-toast" source="npm" version="2.6.0" />
                              <plugin name="cordova-plugin-whitelist" source="npm" version="1.3.3" />

Comment

Working...
                              X