Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

CSS Not Displaying correctly after publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSS Not Displaying correctly after publishing

I am having trouble with CSS files not displaying the correct font.
    I am using GrBlue.
    When I view my grid or navigation in "working preview" or "live preview" the fonts display correctly with "Arial" font (i presume), however, when I publish the grids and pages and then go to localhost/"mypagename".a5w in a browser the fonts do not display correctly and look like a large "times new roman" text.
    The navigation component on the page has GrBlue specified and the grid does as well.

Here is a picture of my grid from live preview:
    LivePreview.PNG

Here is a picture of my grid on the page after publishing and viewing in a browser:
    BrowserView.PNG

If I change my field control type from "label" to "text box", then the font displays correctly, however, I do have to change the field enable expression to = false and then the field value also has a box around it. Here is a picture of how this looks in the browser:
    BrowserViewWTextBoxes.PNG

What am I doing wrong. Did the Alpha GrBlue CSS files change recently?

Re: CSS Not Displaying correctly after publishing

I recently ran into a font issue with Alpha build 5487. Alpha admitted the bug and it was fixed in a pre-release. This specific issue only affected the Alpha style... but... issues like this can be introduced any where at any time because Alpha does virtually no testing.

What build are you using? Is your server using the same build as your development?

Comment

Build 5581
      I am using the development server.

Comment

I noticed in the CSS file that there is no font specified for many of the lines (here is one example):

Comment

The font issue I saw was in 5581 and prior... and fixed in a pre-release after 5581. If you can, try the latest pre-release to see if your issue still exists.

Comment

I am using the latest release and build:
            AAReleaseAndBuild.PNG

Comment

You're using the latest official release... 5581... released on Jan. 10. The font issue I saw was corrected after 5581 in a pre-release put out around Jan. 14. The current pre-release... 5604... will have that font fix.

However, the font issue I saw, and your font issue could be completely unrelated. I'm just saying there was a font issue, specifically in Action Sheets... in at least release 5487. There are so many holes in Alpha that you must test your issue in a current pre-release to determine if it's still an issue.

If you could zip and post a simple example showing your font issue, I would test it in the current pre-release.

Comment

I figured out a work around, although I would rather that it just worked like it used to out of the box.

I agree that there is a bug somewhere because when using a completely different environment with an older build of V12 everything was working fine in every page and component for many months. Then one day after probably many updates to the build without having created any new pages or grids, the CSS began behaving this same wierd way upon creation of new components.

So the work around I figured out today was to go into the the grid properties "Local CSS definitions" and put the following text in:
                html {
                font: 10pt Calibri, Tahoma, Arial;
                }

Now the page and the navigation component has the correct font and does not look funky.

Comment

Agreed... that's a good fix. When in doubt... if possible... override the garbage that Alpha piles into their un-tested releases. That is one of the many good things about Alpha... you can get inside of it.

Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                  X