Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Formatting Label Control on UX to display 'MM/dd/yyyy'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formatting Label Control on UX to display 'MM/dd/yyyy'

Hello Everyone,

I have a table stored in SQL Server. It has a date field and the value within this field is stored as '2018-12-04'

I have a UX linked to this table. Within this UX I have a label control that displays the date field. I want the date field to display as '12/04/2018'

I have tried setting the label control's "Display format" to time("MM/dd/yyyy",<value>).... doesn't work...date still shows up as 2018-12-04

I have tried setting the "Date Format" in the UX's properties to MM/dd/yyyy and then setting the "Display format" of the label control to time("{dialog.clientSideDateFormat}",<value>).... doesn't work...date still shows up as 2018-12-04

I have tried setting a session variable when the user logs in to 'context.session.__protected__clientSideDateFormat = "MM/dd/yyyy"'.... doesn't work...date still shows up as 2018-12-04

I have tried setting the label type property to "date", "time", and blank...

I've tried different combos of blank and populated on all of the above and still the display format is always 2018-12-4

I'm beginning to worry that there are so many different combos of settings, variables, and leaving blank that I might never luck into the right one.

If anyone could offer any insights on cracking this nut I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm using
    o AA desktop version - 12.4.5.4.0, Build 5028
    o IIS – Alpha Server Version 12.0.5028.0
    o IIS - Windows Server 2016 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.2155)
    o SQL Server – 2014

I should mention the label is not data bound. The value is being pulled from the database in XBasic and then the label's value is being set in the same code block in the OnDialogInitialize event.
    Last edited by Kim Garbade; 03-13-2019, 04:20 PM.

Re: Formatting Label Control on UX to display 'MM/dd/yyyy'

There's not much I can confirm of your issue. I don't have build 5028 or IIS or even SQLServer 2014.

Using the latest release 5667 and testing locally and with SQLServer 2016 I can see no issue. Dates are horrible things to work with... and the dozen properties and settings Alpha offers does nothing to alleviate the pain. However, with a databound UX, and with the Label Property Display format set to time("MM/dd/yyyy",<value>)... and with everything else at default settings... my Label is showing as MM/dd/yyyy.

The UX Date format property to MM/dd/yyyy but this setting is for date input only... if the inline help is to be believed. Indeed, changing this setting to dd/MM/yyyy has no effect on the Label date display.

Changing the Labl Property Display format to time("dd/MM/yyyy",<value>) does change the rendered UX Label display accordingly.

I find that the system date format also has no effect. I'd suggest you create a new, simple UX... and change only the Label Display format... and test locally at first. It could be that after so many changes you're wrapped around the axle.

Comment

Thank you for getting back David. The strange thing is that when I test in our development environment the date does format correctly. When I upload the app to our service provider to test it in the production environment, that is were the date formatting goes sideways. It might have to do with an IIS setting (I'm not an IIS configuration expert by any means) or a setting in the Alpha plugin for IIS or maybe a setting on their SQL Server install or a system setting or a network setting.... ya dates are complicated because every system/software deals with them in their own way. I like the "create a simple UX and test just that" method. I'm going to run with that. Thanks again.

Comment

I had a feeling it would work in a local environment. I doubt it's SQL Server. I'd bet it's somewhere in the IIS setup. You should contact Alpha about this.

Comment

Working...
        X