Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

503 Service Unavailable error when Remoting Testing with Development WAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

503 Service Unavailable error when Remoting Testing with Development WAS

This is the full error:

503 Service Unavailable

This server is not licensed for additional sessions.

This server can only process a limited number of sessions based on its license.

To purchase a server license, visit the Alpha Software website at ...

I just started getting this error when I go back and forth between Live Preview testing on the desktop and Remote Testing with a mobile device. After I reset the WAS, whichever way I test first will work and the second way will fail. If I restart the development WAS and do a remote test, it will work. If I then try to do a Live Preview I get the 503 error. I know I've been doing this in the past.

I thought the Alpha development system was suppose to allow up to 5 concurrent sessions for remote testing with the development WAS.

I'm using V12 build 2091.

Any ideas?

Re: 503 Service Unavailable error when Remoting Testing with Development WAS

I tried to reproduce this, repeatedly using remote test, live preview and localhost browser view. Could not get the error so hopefully it is an anomaly and will fix itself. I am on the latest 2091 as well.
    Steve Wood
    See my profile on IADN

Comment

Dave - seeing you are from SoCal.. testing the interest, would you come North to SF area for an Alpha Users Group if it were a full day event.
      Steve Wood
      See my profile on IADN

Comment

I feel like it has something to do with the new app server licensing mechanism. The buttons to add, remove, activate and inactivate in the application server settings sessions tab have been replaced with hyperlinks and you can no longer add a license on your own. You now have to contact customer service.

When I first noticed the problem yesterday, I had two developer licenses activated for the IDE - 1 in View->Settings for the IDE and a second developer license in the built-in app server settings. A developer license can be used to activate the IDE or a 1 user app server I believe. I don't remember why I added the second developer license to the built-in app server settings. I think the built-in app server will run without a license activated in the app server settings.

I have since tried to remove the developer license that I had added one year ago to the built-in app server settings. It says the license is deactivated, but it still appears in the dialog which is very confusing. I am still getting the same 503 error when a second device attempts to hit the built-in app server.

In the past, I have always been able to switch back and forth between desktop browser testing and remote mobile testing without issue. It's probably been about a month since I was last doing so much back and forth testing between the desktop browser and mobile device.
        Last edited by DaveF; 04-18-2014, 07:26 AM.

Comment

We are investigating this issue now.

As a work-around for now, you should be able to use the standalone server. I know you are not currently working this way, and it should not normally be required, but it does not have this problem.

Lenny Forziati
          Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
          Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Steve - I would definitely consider going to an Alpha Users Group Meeting if it were in California.

Comment

I started having this issue when I started testing yesterday. Same 503 error occurs but I see this thread dates back six weeks. Is there no fix? This is all in the development environment, on only one machine. If I restart the server, it will work once then I get the error for any other page and I have to restart the server to work again. I'm on 4292.

Comment

Chris - I'm pretty sure the problem went away after installing a new release that came out a day or two after my original post. What Version Build do you have installed? 4292 is the System Addins Build.

Comment

Dave-
                  I have 2128.

Originally posted by DaveF View Post
                  Chris - I'm pretty sure the problem went away after installing a new release that came out a day or two after my original post. What Version Build do you have installed? 4292 is the System Addins Build.

Comment

Chris - I remember the problem going away soon after I reported it. I think I installed the current build at the time (2118 or 2128) and the problem went away. Lenny Forziati said they were investigating it, but I never heard back as to what the problem was.

Comment

Well I just tried it again and it won't go away. I have the build from 29-April which I believe is the latest. All you have to do is publish and open a page, close it, and then anything opened after that gives the 503 error until you re-start the server. Guess I'll send a bug report.

Comment

Working...
                      X