Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Alpha Development not responding (v3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alpha Development not responding (v3)

Carol,

I understand your frustration. That statement it is really just legal mumbo-jumbo.
    Win 10 64 Development, Win 7 64 WAS 11-1, 2, Win 10 64 AA-1,2, MySql, dbForge Studio The Best MySQL GUI Tool IMHO. http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/

Comment

Hi All

I am having the same issues also and additionally it seems to take a long time now to simply publish a component , does this "pre-release" help us poor developers out ?

thanks

john

Comment

Hi Guys

Has anybody noticed any marked improvement with the latest release ?, I am on the latest after a report issue and my developer seems to hang , slow down ...

thanks
        john

Comment

There is a memory leak on the developer app server that Alpha is already aware of. Once the dev. server creeps up to a little over 500K it does indeed hang. The only solution is to kill the dev. program and start back up. As for slow downs I haven't really noticed.
          Mike Brown - Contact Me
          Programmatic Technologies, LLC
          Programmatic-Technologies.com
          Independent Developer & Consultant​​

Comment

I have AA 3.0 Developer and RT. I do Not have the AA 3.0 app server. All was well until a day or two ago and now I'm getting corrupted memory messages every time I change a form. It saves OK but when going to View mode, the corrupt message appears and drops me back into the design mode. Hopefully, the latest pre-release will help.

EDIT: This thread is a couple months old and I purchased Alpha 3.0 AFTER this problem was fixed so maybe what I'm encountering is another issue? Anyhow, anyone have a link for the nightly pre-releases. The link above is only for official build releases.
            TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

Here is the prerelease link: http://downloads.alphasoftware.com/A...easenotes.html
              Mike Brown - Contact Me
              Programmatic Technologies, LLC
              Programmatic-Technologies.com
              Independent Developer & Consultant​​

Comment

Latest official release (2446_4365) is dated 1st October, so should fix most of the problems listed above. I'm personally still running V2 (2128_4292) as I don't currently need the offline capabilities.

Trouble is I have to actively look for any official updates as I'm more than 1 version behind. Alpha seem to be very quick to try to sell us another license, or an extension to an existing one, but there seems to be no mechanism in place to alert developers not on the current release when a new release is available.

From the number of threads and different posters on this forum, it looks like I made a wise decision to remain on the relatively stable V2.

Comment

I don't know why you say you have to 'actively look for official updates' -- is you are running an out-of-date build, every time you start AA there is a big red box on the welcome screen telling you that your build is out of date. don't know how we could make it more obvious than that without being intrusive.

there are a number of stability improvements in V3 and there were many enhancements in V3 beyond just offline capabilities. if you look at the release notes for v3 you will a huge number of features that are not related to offline usage.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcarol View Post
                    Also agreed, Jaime. I have had more issues introduced with pre-releases than it sounds like you have. And Alpha has been very responsive in dealing with those issues. I just find it a bit confusing to be told that a pre-release is not to be used in a production environment when I have no choice but to use it in order to take care of a bug in an official release. I think it might be good for them to hold still for awhile after issuing an official release and find out what bugs there are, and then issue another official release that has the bug fixes... without it being a pre-release, which should just be for letting us try new stuff, and not for fixing bugs. Although, being a developer myself, I do get how that might be impossible for them to do.
                    I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment. I'm don't understand the logistics of software development on a commercial scale, but I'm not sure why we can't have an official release followed by another once the bug reports come in and get resolved. The pattern is always official release followed by bug fixes plus a ton of new field untested features. It's like Forest Gump's box of chocolates. But again, I'm not in that business, maybe I'm naive.

My experience with pre-releases has not been the same as Jaime's as I have had many issues from ranging from minor to application killing when blindly accepting pre-releases. I'm quite gun shy on the pre-releases any more.
                    Alpha Anywhere v12.4.6.5.2 Build 8867-5691 IIS v10.0 on Windows Server 2019 Std in Hyper-V

Comment

Working...
                    X