Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

WEB Publishing is incomplete, unstable, quits early .... ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEB Publishing is incomplete, unstable, quits early .... ???

Latest AA builds installed, both AppServer and developer. AA Publishing local is rock solid.

Then ....
    1. AA Publishing remote by FTP w/ZIP fails. Unable to send the command to unzip, although the zip file is delivered. However, the contents of the zip file is incomplete.

2. AA Publishing remote with FTP (no Zip) shows it is sending CSS, but doesn't. Even when CSS is properly installed, it still indicates it is sending CSS but dates don't indicate an overwrite. Grids, images, are all hit or miss as to being published.

3. AA WEB Publishing via LAN is just as spotty, leaving out image files, some grids, etc.

NON-AA FTP or file copy to LAN-Mapped drives is rock solid, so I doubt it is a server related issue.

Have cleared publishing history, checked "All files in project" and even "Selected files" and checked all files. Still incomplete.

It is NOT a giant project so size can't be the issue. 7 meg sending everything. Sending any single component always works.

If this were a consistent product publishing problem AS would be out of business, so it has to be something wacky on my project or machine. Win7 -> MS Server 2008.

Progress bar often stops part way .... then jumps to COMPLETED message. Yet pieces are missing.

I need some clues to make AA publishing solid.

Carl
    Dallas
    Carl ~ Dallas, TX
    I'm so old that pool balls came with Roman Numerals

Re: WEB Publishing is incomplete, unstable, quits early .... ???

Hi Carl,
    You are not alone with the publishing issues. In my case is always an On/Off process, sometimes it works, other times it just make me crazy, honestly, I don't know why publishing is having so many issues and it is not a top priority to have a better, stable way to publish files to the server.
    So far the only way it works 100% is using External publishing, which implies having a separate FTP client and manually do the transfer, which proof, there is something going on inside AA publishing logic. I have done everything, even rebooting my production server just to test that it is not my server or my FTP server program.
    It is very frustrating that when it is time to publish an update to production to set aside more time to debug and test because Publishing may fail and some files may have been corrupted in production server.

I am currently using pre-release build 2505-4386 for obvious reason.
    Edhy Rijo
    Progytech
    (Computer Consultants)
    The makers of CardTracking.Net
    www.progytech.com

Comment

I thought it was just me. I'm not paranoid, but that doesn't mean all those paranoids aren't out to get me!

With external FTP it is solid, but the different options for AA publishing (Alias, etc.) that can be set up are desirable.

Unstable publishing is not a confidence builder in the product, for sure.

Carl
      Dallas
      Carl ~ Dallas, TX
      I'm so old that pool balls came with Roman Numerals

Comment

I have the same issues.

Can't get the system to publish everything FTP. Single files at a time work fine.

If anyone comes up with a way to make it work, let me know!

Larry

Comment

I am having the same issue…..running the last "official" release. Publishing just stops……other times it works correctly….no apparent pattern

I have to publish to 4 different servers (load balanced setup) and it happens on all 4….not just one. It happens when publishing from different locations (home, work,etc).

This is a recent change of behavior (within the past 3 -4 weeks?)

I have tried uploading optimized and non-optimized…..same thing happens.

Greg

Comment

Although this is an occasional problem still, I had it real bad after I switched to Comcast using their leased router. I purchased my own router and it returned to normal. On the Comcast router, I was able to set it to NOT block any traffic (I forget how) and that helped.
            Steve Wood
            See my profile on IADN

Comment

hmmm...

I'll check my Comcast router to see if it could be getting in the way. I have ALWAYS had this issue, in varying degrees. sometimes it is better than others, now I wonder if it has to do with location or internet provider.

Comment

My hardware/network setup has remained the same (both at work and at home). I am exploring to see if a recent update to my anti-virus program (Bit Defender) might be causing the issue. Before this started 3-4 weeks ago, publishing was mostly rock solid.

Comment

Well, I checked my router. I looked in the logs. Then I did an FTP and it stopped in the middle. No record in the logs at that time.

I'm not sure if this is important or not, but usually when it stops, it is when it is changing modes. It will often say "switching to Ascii mode" and stop then.

But that is not always the case.

The strange thing is, it always comes up and says "FTP is completed." It's not like it's coming back with an error saying the process was interrupted. Alpha looks like it is deciding to stop the FTP process prematurely. I just wish I knew what criteria it was using to make that decision!

Comment

Working...
                  X