Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

NB!!! Report Image Transparancy on server 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NB!!! Report Image Transparancy on server 2012

NB!!!!
    I have a SQL database with the following grids in Alpha Anywhere;

Grid 1 [Main project Image, Image description]
    Button on Grid 1 to open details grid to capture multiple sub records [another SQL table]. Grid 2 has; image field and image description

ON THE DEVELOPMENT MACHINE
    In the report the main project image displays correctly with no issues
    Grid 2 is inserted into the report as a linked report and displays correctly with no issues

PUBLISH TO SERVER ONLINE
    Report displays main project image correctly with no issues
    Grid 2 displays ONLY the image description values, BUT NO IMAGE [This image seems to become either transparent or are not loaded when the report is initialised.

I have tried subreports and changed from static HTML to normal layout table fields with NO luck. No matter what I do Grid 2 image does not display once the report is published.

I also changed the project properties to print to the xml driver and then convert to pdf etc. No luck

This is urgent and your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Re: NB!!! Report Image Transparancy on server 2012

that is strange. if it works on the development machine it should work in the server, especially, when the primary grid is showing the image properly.
    check the path for the linked grid report, does that include the path alias prefix to the report?
    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
    mysql backend
    http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
    [email protected]
    1 914 924 5171

Comment

Yip, that is why i'm so baffled.

The paths must be correct unless somehow the published report does NOT read the image paths as it should. I checked and it is exactly the same structure than on my development machine and I use Image File Reference fields for the images.

Uninstalling the Amuyny printer and reinstalling does not help at all. I even reinstalled the server xps driver without success

Comment

Doesn't sound like transparency issue. Perhaps you could give us some screen shots of the the image paths, etc?
        Peter
        AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
        https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Try this.... Edit the data source definition of the report that contains the image. Click on Advanced Options. Press field definitions. Override the image and set it to PNG. Screen shot below.

ScreenShot_2015.01.26_001_.png
          Mike Brown - Contact Me
          Programmatic Technologies, LLC
          Programmatic-Technologies.com
          Independent Developer & Consultant​​

Comment

Hi,

I never slept at all. This issue is seriously touching my morale.

Michael, my images is "file reference" and the patch is kept on sql. its not static. Thanks anyway.

During the night [South African] I tried multiple things. Subreports took most of my time and actually displays the images when published. BUT BUT BUT, because I am linking my master table to TWO sub tables, both one to many, , the sub tables behave erratic in the sense that it displays duplicate images on both sub reports. I have gone through the message board but are totally unable to find the solution. I have grouped both tables on the linked field [as suggested] but to no avail.

I really really need assistance.

Regards
            Last edited by Solarscholar; 01-27-2015, 12:49 AM.

Comment

because I am linking my master table to TWO sub tables, both one to many, , the sub tables behave erratic in the sense that it displays duplicate images on both sub reports.
              this is new information, going more tables to the primary.
              i think this is normal behavior when you join two or more tables to a single master table, the results are multiplied unless you use subqueries or temp tables.
              this has been widely discussed in mysql forums and currently also in alpha forum and a possible solution. take a look at this post
              http://www.alphasoftware.com/alphafo...736#post687736
              if you can modify your select statement based on subqueries then it will resolve.

on the other hand, since this is a report, is it possible to create main report, then two sub reports separately and filter them based on the master report id.
              this might prevent duplication of data in sub reports. except those reports will be separate not together as a single sub report.

google, queries on one to many mysql tables: you will find many articles.
              since you don't have time to spare read the this article in your spare time when you have it, to see why sql brings in multiple records, called single sweep.
              http://www.databasejournal.com/featu...able-Joins.htm
              thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
              mysql backend
              [email protected]
              1 914 924 5171

Comment

Originally posted by GGandhi View Post
                this is new information, going more tables to the primary.
                i think this is normal behavior when you join two or more tables to a single master table, the results are multiplied unless you use subqueries or temp tables.
                this has been widely discussed in mysql forums and currently also in alpha forum and a possible solution. take a look at this post
                http://www.alphasoftware.com/alphafo...736#post687736
                if you can modify your select statement based on subqueries then it will resolve.

on the other hand, since this is a report, is it possible to create main report, then two sub reports separately and filter them based on the master report id.
                this might prevent duplication of data in sub reports. except those reports will be separate not together as a single sub report.

google, queries on one to many mysql tables: you will find many articles.
                since you don't have time to spare read the this article in your spare time when you have it, to see why sql brings in multiple records, called single sweep.
                http://www.databasejournal.com/featu...able-Joins.htm
                GGandhi
                I have done exactly that. Grouped and filtered on master report ID. I think my issue might be with the type of SQL join between these tables. When I created the report I added the master table in the select statement then both sub tables. [see statement below.
                QuickSpec is the master table ID
                SpecIDAnalysis is the QuickSpec linked value/field in the Analysis table [one to many, QuickSpec is one]
                SpecIDMultiple is the QuickSpec linked value/field in the Multiple table [one to many, QuickSpec is one]

SELECT *
                FROM (QuickSpec QuickSpec
                INNER JOIN Analysis Analysis
                ON QuickSpec.QuickSpec = Analysis.SpecIDAnalysis
                INNER JOIN QuickSpecMultiple QuickSpecMultiple
                ON QuickSpec.QuickSpec = QuickSpecMultiple.SpecIDMultiple )

Comment

To think, we are exploring other solutions JUST BECAUSE the linked report [which does NOT duplicate anything] does NOT display the images. Ha Ha Ha. If the linked report worked as in my dev environment this could have been finished long ago

Comment

SELECT *
                    FROM (QuickSpec QuickSpec
                    INNER JOIN Analysis Analysis
                    ON QuickSpec.QuickSpec = Analysis.SpecIDAnalysis
                    INNER JOIN QuickSpecMultiple QuickSpecMultiple
                    ON QuickSpec.QuickSpec = QuickSpecMultiple.SpecIDMultiple )
                    diagrammatically
                    QuickSpec
                    |
                    |-analysis
                    |
                    |-QuickSpecMultiple

will give you QuickSpec * (analysis * quickspecmultiple) records.
                    to prevent that you must use temp tables or subqueries.
                    please take a look at the alpha forum link i have given and that post indicates a possible solution.
                    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                    mysql backend
                    [email protected]
                    1 914 924 5171

Comment

Originally posted by Solarscholar View Post
                      To think, we are exploring other solutions JUST BECAUSE the linked report [which does NOT duplicate anything] does NOT display the images. Ha Ha Ha. If the linked report worked as in my dev environment this could have been finished long ago
                      no, i also suggested using linked reports. in my answer.
                      i gave answers to both of your statements.
                      thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                      mysql backend
                      [email protected]
                      1 914 924 5171

Comment

no, i also suggested using linked reports. in my answer.
                        i gave answers to both of your statements.
                        GGandhi,

Linked tables I have tried [see my original post]. It works great except for, the images don't show.

After that I used subreports and now the images displays correct except for the "duplicate" records on table 2 and table 3.

I have taken the time to [not only read, but test the sql links you gave me as well as other links, but I still seem to get the same results. My joins don't seem to work once I create the report. Obviously I use sql to create a view and then create the A5 report from the view.

SQL view code; Tabele A = QuickSpec, Table 2 = Analysis and table 3 = QuickSpecMultiple
                        SELECT *
                        FROM Analysis INNER JOIN QuickSpec ON QuickSpec.QuickSpec = Analysis.SpecIDAnalysis INNER JOIN QuickSpecMultiple ON QuickSpec.QuickSpec = QuickSpecMultiple.SpecIDMultiple
                        WHERE QuickSpec.QuickSpec = QuickSpecMultiple.SpecIDMultiple

Attached is the results. Table 2 and table 3 is the issue.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am still puzzled,
                          if it works on your development machine but not when published, why it does not?
                          there is some difference. instead of looking another way to solve, you just have to solve why it does not work in published site when it is work elsewhere.
                          there is something that is different.
                          look at the image path whether ii is aliased correctly etc., ( can you post your image path in your development machine and the profile so the alias is seen?)
                          I have an image referenced as reference file and it works well. so I am puzzled.
                          thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                          mysql backend
                          [email protected]
                          1 914 924 5171

Comment

I am still puzzled,
                            if it works on your development machine but not when published, why it does not?
                            there is some difference. instead of looking another way to solve, you just have to solve why it does not work in published site when it is work elsewhere.
                            there is something that is different.
                            look at the image path whether ii is aliased correctly etc., ( can you post your image path in your development machine and the profile so the alias is seen?)
                            I have an image referenced as reference file and it works well. so I am puzzled.
                            Hi Ggandhi,

Where exactly do I see this paths?

Comment

okay go to your image, I am assuming that they are in a folder located in your pictures folder. these are assumptions then right click on the image and then properties then copy that
                              that is where your image in your development machine
                              then copy your profile for that published folder
                              post both.
                              in case in doubt there is a post by peter answering to jet li
                              I will put a link to that one soon.

http://www.alphasoftware.com/alphafo...-in-Grid-or-UX
                              here is that link
                              thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                              mysql backend
                              [email protected]
                              1 914 924 5171

Comment

Working...
                              X