Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

How to Close Read Only Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Close Read Only Grid

I have several "Read Only" grids which a used only for viewing totals. No updates or any kind of data entry needed. As a result, none of the javascripts will close a read only grid. Anyone know how to close one other than clicking the "x" in the upper right corner? Surely, there must be a way.
    TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Re: How to Close Read Only Grid

How are they opened?? ...pop-up window? Try this: window.close()
    Mike Brown - Contact Me
    Programmatic Technologies, LLC
    Programmatic-Technologies.com
    Independent Developer & Consultant​​

Comment

Check out this threat that I made just a little while ago ...may be useful too.

http://www.alphasoftware.com/alphafo...window!!-grrrr!
      Mike Brown - Contact Me
      Programmatic Technologies, LLC
      Programmatic-Technologies.com
      Independent Developer & Consultant​​

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I am using this as a Web on the Desktop. The Menu form has several buttons which open various grids. Some girds have detail sections, some are use for updating. Others are read only for the purpose of searching for and finding data. As far as I can tell, there is no javascript listed in the In-line javascript list for closing read only grids. I tried your suggestion: window.close(). A popup message appears stating "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close this window? First, I do not have this open in a web page. Second, I figured i this closes the grid, I'll put up with it, at least for now. However, clicking Yes only closes the message box.

I also looked at the link and the video but that is with a UX component so, it's back to the drawing board.

Again, thanks for your response.

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

have you watched the videos dt5(two of them), you should be able to do by following method described in them.
          thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
          mysql backend
          http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
          [email protected]
          1 914 924 5171

Comment

I did try to use that code the first time I viewed them but with no success. However, because you suggested, I viewed the videos again and tried the code again which I placed in the Text mode of the button's onClick event.

Var xb = [];
            xb.push('dim dlgtitle as c');
            xb.push('dlg_title = ui_dlg_query(“dialog”)');
            xb.push(dlg_title = filter_string(dlg_title, “Totals_by_R_Factor”,crlf())');
            xb.push('ui_modeless_dlg_close(dlg_title)');

xb = ab.join(';');

genericXbasicUIFromWorkingPreview(xb);

When I try to save the code, Alpha goes off to Never-Never Land and the only solution is a forced close of Alpha. Why is the script causing Alpha to lock up?
            Attached Files

Comment

I would not know, may be this. typographical error?
              xb = ab.join(';');

xb.push(dlg_title = filter_string(dlg_title, �Totals_by_R_Factor�,crlf())');
              you are missing underscore
              xb.push(dlg_title = filter_string(dlg_title, �Totals_by_R_Factor_�,crlf())');

also Var xb = [];
              shouldn't be var = xb[]; lowercase?
              Last edited by GGandhi; 02-14-2015, 11:10 PM.
              thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
              mysql backend
              [email protected]
              1 914 924 5171

Comment

I don't understand your 1st line.

The V is a typo.

I added the underscore where you suggested and I am now able to save the script without an error. However, when I run the grid in Working Preview, Alpha locked up again. I removed the code and tried Working Preview again and again, it locked up. Ok, it's not the code but what is it? Then I removed the button (even though it had no code) and pressed Save. Alpha locked up. After reopening, I found that the grid was saved so immediately opted for Working Preview. Again, Alpha locked up. Well now, why is Alpha locking up when it didn't do so before the code on the button was added?

I opened other grids with no problem. Then I published everything. Then I tried to run the grid again. Yup, Locked up.

I turned off the group breaks to see if that is the issue. Saved the grid and run it. Locked up again.

I looked at the Query and clicked the refresh icon to see if I had changed the table but didn't refresh the grid. Nope, that was OK.

I made a duplicate of the grid and ran it. After the screen blinked, Alpha locked up.

Next, I began eliminating the fields, one by one. Each time I tried to run the grid, Alpha locked up. I added a firld that had not previously been used but again, Alpha locked up.

Summary:

I believe that somehow, the grid became corrupted when I tried to run it with inaccurate code. I have had this happen before and I had to delete the grid and start anew. Off to a new grid with a follow-up report to follow.

EDIT:

I added a pic of the script in the 2nd video
                Attached Files
                Last edited by forskare; 02-15-2015, 01:26 AM.

Comment

OK, i created a new grid, only adding the fields, all settings were left as default other than the button with is code:

var xb = [];
                  xb.push('dim dlgtitle as c');
                  xb.push('dlg_title = ui_dlg_query(�dialog�)');
                  xb.push('dlg_title = filter_string(dlg_title, �Totals_by_R_Factor_�,crlf())');

xb = ab.join(';');

It saves OK but throws the attached error when running it. Interesting, Alpha doesn't like the last line of the code which is exactly as it is in the video.
                  Attached Files

Comment

xb = ab.join(';');
                    here is the mistake I pointed out and alpha says that in the message
                    it should be
                    xb = xb.join(';');

okay you don't have to create any new grid, that is not giving you problems.
                    copy the following code in the javascript functions tab.
                    create a toolbar action button call it anything you like and in the javascript function call the function closeXDialog;
                    change the window title you have. see what happens, I tried with your title it does not work I do not know why? I will test later if I have time
                    see the screencast here
                    http://screencast.com/t/jCJ0QYWrRdHy

Code:
                    function closeXdialog(){
                    var xb=[];
                    xb.push('dim dlg_title as c');
                    xb.push('dlg_title = ui_dlg_query("dialog")');
                    xb.push('dlg_title = filter_string(dlg_title,"GridComponentInXdialog_",crlf())');

xb = xb.join(';');

}
                    quickly tested it:
                    it looks like it takes only GridComponentInXdialog as title.
                    more later:
                    http://screencast.com/t/VoUeZn7fG
                    see this one, looks like you can call the title anything you want as long as the javascript is the same as I posted it.
                    Last edited by GGandhi; 02-15-2015, 09:06 AM.
                    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                    mysql backend
                    [email protected]
                    1 914 924 5171

Comment

Hello Gandhi,

Special thanks to Gandhi for his suggestions and videos. Since there is no javascript action script in the Action Javascript list to close a 'read only' grid, this is how to do it.

1. Click on the grid's Javascript Functions section and insert this code:

function closeXdialog(){
                      var xb=[];
                      xb.push('dim dlg_title as c');
                      xb.push('dlg_title = ui_dlg_query("dialog")');
                      xb.push('dlg_title = filter_string(dlg_title,"GridComponentInXdialog_",crlf())');

xb = xb.join(';');

}

2. In the Grid's properties, Toolbar 'Action Buttons', put this code in the Text mode of the Button Action->Javascript

closeXdialog();

Comment

glad to here you solved it. very good.
                        thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                        mysql backend
                        [email protected]
                        1 914 924 5171

Comment

Working...