Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Local storage Question for Lookup fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local storage Question for Lookup fields

I am trying to do an invoicing app that should work for offline and online. I created 2 list as an example. the first one is where the order_header table is displayed and saved. the 2nd is where to enter the order_details. on the order details list, I created a lookup to select items from the items table. If the app is online , the sample invoice app is working when I tried to select items from the lookup, if I turn off the internet to test if the items will still be available on the lookup field but they are not? Is this possible or not? OR maybe I missed setting a simple property? I have checked the Persist to local storage and turn on the other option to enable saving data on a local storage. What could be the property that I missed here? Thanks!

Re: Local storage Question for Lookup fields

Do you mean you created a Textbox, with the Lookup option... and configured the lookup as an Edit-combo dropdown? If so, then you are actively selecting items from a sql table... and so not offline.

Are you creating Order Details records? And those Order Details depend on data from other tables? If that's the case then the way it's designed it could not operate offline.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes for both answers, So how can I select items on Order Details when it is offline. Is it not possible then? I cre4ated a textbox to select items based on a lookup table on the item textbox property?

Comment

As long as your Textbox Lookup Load Data Method is set for At Render then you should be ok. If it's set for Ajax Callback then you're in trouble.

You must be online to start the app... but after the app is rendered, and the Dropdowns (Dropdown control or Textbox control) are rendered and filled... then you can go offline. You won't pick up anything new, of course... but whatever was rendered into your dropdowns when the app started will be there.

Persist to Local Storage only exists for List controls. Dropdowns are loaded at render.

My tests to simulate offline show fully functional dropdowns after render, and then going offline.

Comment

Here's a quick video that illustrates the fact that dropdowns (Dropdown controls, Textbox Lookup control) are not, by default, affected by online/offline status. The dropdown lists are populated with the app is built for PhoneGap Build. After you install the app... if you go offline at that point... and then start the app your dropdowns will be populated and available... with the data that was available at the time the app was built by PhoneGap Build.

If you want to ensure NEW data is in your dropdowns... then you'd need to be online and set up your dropdowns accordingly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ThCmKZbAVw

Comment

Originally posted by Davidk View Post
            Here's a quick video that illustrates the fact that dropdowns (Dropdown controls, Textbox Lookup control) are not, by default, affected by online/offline status. The dropdown lists are populated with the app is built for PhoneGap Build. After you install the app... if you go offline at that point... and then start the app your dropdowns will be populated and available... with the data that was available at the time the app was built by PhoneGap Build.

If you want to ensure NEW data is in your dropdowns... then you'd need to be online and set up your dropdowns accordingly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ThCmKZbAVw
            I hope you can show how you did this David.

Comment

Working...
            X