Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

New way of viewing and managing Alpha Security and Employees will be available soon - compliant with Alpha's Context Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New way of viewing and managing Alpha Security and Employees will be available soon - compliant with Alpha's Context Security

CRUD-2020-11-29_23-07-51.pngIT-2020-11-29_22-09-11.pngCRUD-2020-11-29_23-07-51.pngWFH2020-11-29_22-32-16.png

A New way of viewing and managing Alpha Security and Employees will be available soon - compliant with Alpha's Context Security for all builds of AA including Alpha Cloud. And it's lightning fast!
    I will be releasing my cloudperfect Viewbox Security-Employee control for Alpha Anywhere soon. It is fully driven by Alpha's contect.security functions, the template is based on Northwind database with some tweeks to bring it into 2020, and will have full reveal video tutorial on how it was achieved using AA Viewbox control with full CRUD capability and Amazon and how it can be easily integrated by developers it into any existing application that uses the AA security system. I will be making this build available with an unlimited use case licence for developers with a Mobile and Browser configuration provided. It was very difficult to build during the COVID-19 lockdown - however it gave me the time to drill down and put and end to developers having to figure out this most important requirement from sample templates by using a real working 2020 commercial product where you will never see a wait message or spinning icon, ever.. - if you are interested PM me (this is the only way of me accepting an offer to use the licence) - when released the price will be a once only $159US with free
    updates as I keep adding the tools developers need with the the world need to deal with, nothing will be billed - when the control is released it
    will be offered to you - you will get all the source code and database files required to make it run first time while you migrate to your applications. This control will also show you how to fully migrate to superfast Viewbox methods and data and how to put JSON first into your builds and where possible avoid heavy xbasic execution.

SalesRepSales2020-11-29_22-11-45.png

you will never see a wait message or spinning icon, ever..

Attached Files
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Comment

Love the design and really love the dark background. Easier on the eyes.
      Mike Brown - Contact Me
      Programmatic Technologies, LLC
      Programmatic-Technologies.com
      Independent Developer & Consultant​​

Comment

Agreed, that is a very nice looking application.
        Alpha Anywhere v12.4.6.5.2 Build 8867-5691 IIS v10.0 on Windows Server 2019 Std in Hyper-V

Comment

While we could probably write this ourselves - given the time - I think this is a great idea and I look forward to your "product" I have always felt there is a market for pre-built UX components that are easily adapted into most applications. I also think it will probably be worth every penny just in learning and looking into how you did it even if I never used it because the viewbox itself seems like a game changer once you understand it. I just started working with it btw.
          Let us know when your ready!
          NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Trust you would not want to go through what I did to figure this out, the help system in alpha in the area of security is minimal at best. add a couple of zero's to the price, then you will get an idea of the time involved, it has always frustrated me that 1000's of developers are sitting around the World in AA, all trying to write 1000's of components to do the same thing, that's why I'm suggesting cheap and unrestricted use of commercial grade, ready-to-go, as you call it pre-built are important to developer productivity.

Also the Security-Employee control uses all alpha styles. But I do like the after dark look.
            Thanks. Pete.

css3.pngcss.pngcss2.png

Comment

Upcoming FREE tutorial on building integrated login, (no external component) Northwinds Traders application. Was going to release it months ago but the Security-Employee Control got in the way.

2020-11-30_07-47-21.png

Comment

LOVE IT Pete!
                Yes we need a marketplace for pre-built components, You are 100% correct, it is plain dumb that we are all trying to reinvent the wheel. and it is plain dumb.
                For example I purchased the REA automailer module years ago, it works well and it has paid for itself several times over.
                Coming from the Access world where there are templates galore and more sample code than you will ever need Alpha is a dead zone in comparison.
                Thanks Pete for putting this together and I will definitely be a customer. The lack of a cohesive Security admin module has always been a bug bear.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Hi Pete, I love that you are modernizing the security interface. I've used the old one for 20 years, and it has been a bit embaraing the whole time. I will definately be buying to contribute to your work.

Does this include a component with "I am not a robot" where users can self register? I can build one that works, but not sure I can achieve the great look you have.
                    Thanks
                    Pat Bremkamp
                    MindKicks Consulting

Comment

Thanks Pat, no it doesn't but WE can add it together, so EVERYONE can benefit from the option, this entire component publishes at less than 600k right now and is mostly Javascript for functionality and speed and xbasic for security functions there are no List Controls. I try and remove any control or option that consumes xbasic scripts that blow out the load time and put pressure on the server, I no longer use List controls unless there are a range of needed functions that are tied to the List Control, and not are available in the UX environment and I can't replicate myself, I haven't used a Grid for some 6 years, SO anything we write needs to wayup the performance cost of the option over the importance of the option to the user, and then only after exhausting all efforts to make the Viewbox and other lite controls perform the task, only then look into calling in a List control. Building and application is like building a house where you build to a budget, with the house we budget against cash and resources, with the applications we budget against Kilobytes and resource consumption.

Pete

Comment

Wow looks great.
                        I'm not sure if I understand does it work for saas?

Comment

Can't see why not.

Comment

When do you think it will it be ready Pete?
                            J.R.
                            Epigate Software, LLC.

[email protected]
                            http://www.epigate.com
                            sigpic

Comment

Next week Id say - just before the Holiday Season. Just need to do some how to docs and video's. etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X