Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

e.dataSubmitted doesn't have correct data from viewbox control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e.dataSubmitted doesn't have correct data from viewbox control

Hello!

I am just getting into using viewboxes, and liking them a lot. The issue I'm having is I populate a viewbox with an array of json data about the products in a users cart. I want to get the info from that viewbox when the user submits and push that order to the database.

The viewbox type is data and the source is Static JSON. I add to it programmatically from a list component with the products.

The issue is the e.dataSubmitted.CartList (viewbox control) only contains the data 1/n1/n1/n and nothing else. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to get the json from the cart list to get the information I need.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

How are you appending the data to the cart? The viewbox is way different to the List when submitting to the Database.

Pete
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Hey Pete!

The viewbox source starts off as an empty array.
      When I select an item from my products list and click the add to cart button it grabs the current data from the viewbox, copies it to a new array, appends the new product JSON to the end of the new array, and then uses the populate function to populate the viewbox with the new JSON array.
      I just need access to that array of JSONs in the dialogValidate server side functions etc to set up and submit the database call.

Comment

Here you go..

var _row = v;

var data = this.data
        // get the data for the current row
        var dataRow = data[_row];

var msg = JSON.stringify(dataRow,'','\t');
        alert(msg);
        Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Comment

//var pInfo = data[_row].ProductName + ' Quantity Per Unit ' + data[_row].QuantityPerUnit + 'Price $' + data[_row].UnitPrice ;
          //alert(pInfo);

Comment

Do you know what to do with the code?

returns.

{
            "ProductID": "6",
            "EntityID": "1000",
            "ProductName": "Grandma's Boysenberry Spread",
            "SupplierID": "3",
            "CategoryID": "2",
            "QuantityPerUnit": "12 - 8 oz jars",
            "UnitPrice": "25",
            "UnitsInStock": "120",
            "UnitsOnOrder": "0",
            "ReorderLevel": "25",
            "Discontinued": "F"
            }

Pete

Comment

Yeah I already have that portion of the app working. I've been able to populate the cart list using the product list, that went pretty smoothly.

The issue I'm having is now getting that data from the cartlist viewbox in the onDialogValidate xbasic server side functions. I need to get that data, validate it (make sure the cart total price is above a certain limit etc) and then I need to get that data and build a SQL statement to push the new order to the databse.

When I try to access the data from the cart list in e.dataSubmitted.cartlist all I'm getting is a repeating 1/n value. I need access to that JSON server side.

Comment

Unless that is how I get it and somehow pass it to the server side events, in which case I'm not sure what to do with it no.

Comment

Would I place this somewhere within the viewbox component to have that be what is submitted to the server side dataSubmitted object?8

Comment

I've found a fix by storing the entire array of JSONs in a hidden label on the UX component whenever the viewbox json is changed. Then I just convert that to a json using json_parse() to get that data. Seems like I should be able to get this data from the viewbox but I'll take it for now.

Comment

I asked you this question 'Do you know what to do with the code?' You seem to be working backwards, if you intend to this data to end up in a database to insert the data or make changes to the data you need to put the data in controls on the UX or set them as State values, then the xbasic on can access the data from the client side either by using the stateValue e.g. e._state.productID or e.dataSubmitted.ProductID. The code I sent you lets you doe that.

Pete

Comment

Sorry I probably didn't explain my issue correctly in the first post.

I have the viewbox fully working and I'm successfully getting the data from the list, turning it into a JSON, and populating the viewbox with that data. So I can add and remove data from the view box cart. The issue I was having is that I am now trying to submit that cart data from the viewbox to the database via server side xbasic using the submit button.

When I am debugging and viewing the e.dataSubmitted values, my cart viewbox (named CartList) just has the values 1/n1/n1/n. It is populated with the correct JSON, but those values apparently don't come through to e.dataSubmitted. I went around it by using another hidden control on the UX and just cloning the JSON in that whenever I populated the JSON in the viewbox, and then I had access to the JSON in the e.dataSubmitted.cartListData control. I just thought it would be cleaner and more intuitive if the e.dataSubmitted.CartList viewbox had that data instead. It seems like maybe the viewbox's state is where I need to set that?

At this point I have everything working, and once I figure out how to create an editable field on the viewbox for quantity I will be done with this UX. That's a question for a different post on the forum I made earlier though.

Thanks again for all your help Pete, you're a lifesaver!

Comment

Working...
                        X