Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

can i submit login from alpha ux to another website ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i submit login from alpha ux to another website ?

Hello all ,

I have made a button in a ux called login , i want to save a username and password within a textbox's on that ux and so when i hit login , it will take the username and password to login in this page https://sabeq.ps/ .
    sabeq.ps website are disabling xframe or cross domain unless its from sabeq.ps.

is there any tweaks to submit login from my alpha ux to their website login page ?
    or maybe using curl or any other method ?
    I am trying to do that because i want to insert orders from my alpha app to their shipping orders page .

Any advice will appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by TheDevilIsMe; 10-14-2021, 12:44 PM.

Just a warning. I tried something close to this and it worked. But, I had to remove it because all virus programs and browsers HATE this behavior. And, they should (as I quickly discovered) because copying info from one domain and passing it to another not "owned" by the first is a common scam method. All I did was place a case number in the clipboard before opening a public case lookup page. Pasting cross-domain is generally not even allowed by browsers and my users had to paste themselves. Nonetheless, my site began throwing "malicious behavior" warnings on even the home page until I removed the copy-to-clipboard script. I could be wrong (far from an expert) but I believe cross-domain data exchange is a dead-end unless handled by the target page.

Comment

The only thing you could do IMO is set a cookie on the machine and use THAT cookie to login to the site your sending them to, in other words you setup that domain to look for that cookie for login creds.
      NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Originally posted by ecalan View Post
        Just a warning. I tried something close to this and it worked. But, I had to remove it because all virus programs and browsers HATE this behavior. And, they should (as I quickly discovered) because copying info from one domain and passing it to another not "owned" by the first is a common scam method. All I did was place a case number in the clipboard before opening a public case lookup page. Pasting cross-domain is generally not even allowed by browsers and my users had to paste themselves. Nonetheless, my site began throwing "malicious behavior" warnings on even the home page until I removed the copy-to-clipboard script. I could be wrong (far from an expert) but I believe cross-domain data exchange is a dead-end unless handled by the target page.
        I think you have done that using dialog with alpha , i totally agree with you , although it's not about virus's , when things get out of your domain name , bugs exploit become wild , I faced that my self one of the things that I really suffered from what we call cache buster .
        when throwing arguments within the links it usually contains the "?" mark , that's something dangerous even with submitting data into mysql containing the "?" using JavaScript's it will make security issues .

Anyways , thanks for your comment but in my case it's out of dialog option , as that domain is blocking Iframe from connecting to it .

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesParker View Post
          The only thing you could do IMO is set a cookie on the machine and use THAT cookie to login to the site your sending them to, in other words you setup that domain to look for that cookie for login creds.
          Charles !!
          Thanks for your comment , would you give me example how to do that using cookies !!
          I have no idea how to start that using the cookies method

Comment

Charles,

Isn't control ("ownership") of the target website required to, as you suggest, "setup that domain to look for that cookie for login creds?" As I read the original question, the target website is not controlled by the developer.

Comment

Well , I also was thinking to use proxy connection which stores the logins on that website @ server side and I will be able to login there even though dialog even if they reject the connection .
              But this is kind of scam and headache I need easier method to do that.

Comment

I am gonna revise my answer to no...you'll need to work with the developer of that website to enable this type of function probably through an API of some sort to enable transactions within their ecosystem.
                NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

I am gonna revise my answer to no...you'll need to work with the developer of that website to enable this type of function probably through an API of some sort to enable transactions within their ecosystem.
                  all respect .

let me ask you this then , how i can prevent others from connecting to my website in IFrame ?

Comment

javascript code can do this as I understand it, and I just did a google search for your answer - I didn't test this but should work. Others may offer a better solution.

if(window.top != window.self){ top.location.href = document.location.href; }

Comment

This could affect your application in unknown ways so you'll have to test it.

Comment

javascript code can do this as I understand it, and I just did a google search for your answer - I didn't test this but should work. Others may offer a better solution.

if(window.top != window.self){ top.location.href = document.location.href; }
                        I already have this code it was from stackoverflow i think and i tested it , this is not working in alpha , still you can get into my site .
                        The thing is , it should be configured @ server level and i don't see any where to configure the server as well as the cookies ,
                        I tryed to encrypt the session , but always get kicked out when i login , this is serious matter as anyone can hack into websites using the methods i mentiond in other post and no one is answering it .
                        Not sure why ?
                        Will i just forward email to alpha hopfully they email me .

Thanks alot Charles i appreciate your time and comments

Comment

I wonder though where are you putting this code in your application?

Comment

I wonder though where are you putting this code in your application?
                            within the a5w pages .. you can make global function and just call this function any where you like in pages.

i open <script> </script> tags in my login page it should redirect the person who trys to iframe the login page to another page

or just write JS file paste it there and link it to your page ..
                            anything will do the job , but when it comes to security i think this is useless , just making stuff hard for attacker , there is a lot of methods you can use to confuse attackers .
                            for me , when i publish the site , i change the permission of a5w folder to read only to prevent attackers from modifying the javascript sites .

like i said there is a lot of methods and options to do when it comes to security.
                            the best advice to give is do not make your alpha server public directly , you have to do that indirectly by making alpha server local and so the public ip will forward the request to internal alpha ip .
                            now having the firewall as public ip will make you have a lot of options to protect your self from attackers.
                            a free firewall am using is untangle is linux based and easy to use and get the jobs done.

One more thing i always do , is encrypting the free space on my hard drive , this will help a lot to increase your server security.
                            You may use sophos server protection .
                            Last edited by TheDevilIsMe; 10-21-2021, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X