Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

500 Internal Server Error: An unrecoverable error occurred processing this request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 Internal Server Error: An unrecoverable error occurred processing this request.

I've been having this problem now for about three months and I can't figure out what is causing it. I have many web applications and they all work fine except for one. This particular application (https://blds.info/gmra/mainmenu.a5w), will work fine for a couple of views, and then it will display this message:

500 Internal Server Error
    An unrecoverable error occurred processing this request. The request will be terminated.

The only way to fix it is to clear the browser cache, which of course deletes all my browser cookies, saved pages, etc. But once that is done, it will work again for a few times and then it will go back to the "500 Internal Server Error" message again. This happens in either Edge or Chrome browsers.

Any thoughts?

Alpha Anywhere Application Server/12.0 Build/7776-5597 at A5W Port 443
    Sergeant Richard Hartnett
    Hyattsville City Police Department
    Maryland

What I normally do is make certain the server and the developer are the same build, then rename the control, and restore an backup say 4 months ago, see if it still happens, if not look at any changes made between the two builds, if that's no possible, then start removing controls preferably in the reverse order you added them, save and republish each time until the error stops. If that doesn't work transplant everything into a new UX.

Pete
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Hi Pete,
      The application uses grids not UX components, and I'm curious, if the server and developer weren't the same build, wouldn't all of my applications have this same issue? I have about 12 web apps and none of the others are having this problem, and they are all built in the same developer program and published to the same server application.
      Maryland

Comment

Then you need to do what I suggested to the Grid, there will be one thing killing it, make changes to the most recent edit of some 3 months ago and see what happens. I haven't used a grid for 10+ years. - good luck mate.
        Cheers Pete
        Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Comment

Rich, did you ever figure out the problem? I'm having the same issue since my latest build update and cannot figure out where it's coming from.
          Stephen Pilon
          Associate Librarian
          Christendom College

Comment

I did not unfortunately, but it seemed to have gone away for a long time. Sad to say, now it's back and affects my multiple Alpha web applications. It's the weirdest thing too. I can open any of the .a5w web pages during the day and everything is fine. Then I go to bed, and the next day when I try to access any of them, I get a new/different error message that is show below:

Screen Shot 06-27-23 at 05.52 PM.jpg

And what I have to do to correct it is to close all browser pages completely, then run the "clear browsing data" in Edge (or Chrome). Then I can reopen the .a5w page and it works fine all day, on any of my applications. The next day it's right back to an error message again. It's like Groundhog Day!
            Attached Files
            Maryland

Comment

Thank you for the response. I'm sorry you are still having trouble. It does not bode well me me, either. I'll let you know if I find a solution in the hopes it may help you as well.
              Stephen Pilon
              Associate Librarian
              Christendom College

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hartnett View Post
                And what I have to do to correct it is to close all browser pages completely, then run the "clear browsing data" in Edge (or Chrome). Then I can reopen the .a5w page and it works fine all day, on any of my applications. The next day it's right back to an error message again. It's like Groundhog Day!
                Sounds like the session expires but does not redirect to the login page.

https://forum.alphasoftware.com/foru...ariable-syntax
                https://appsbydesign.co.uk/

Comment

Hmm...could be. But I don't think so, at least in my case.

There are two cookies being set, one for A5w_SessionId and the other for a5ws_<add session id here>. A5w_SessionId expires after 15 minutes (as set on server), the other after 24 hours. I'm not sure what is setting the timing on that second cookie. But when the session times out, it throws the 500 error. Then there's nothing for it but clearing the cookies.
                  Stephen Pilon
                  Associate Librarian
                  Christendom College

Comment

Originally posted by StephenP View Post
                    Rich, did you ever figure out the problem? I'm having the same issue since my latest build update and cannot figure out where it's coming from.
                    That's where it's coming from - does it happen if you wind-back?

Comment

Yes, I went back to the previous version and it still did the same thing. I'm guessing I made some small change that caused this. I've tried many things to undo that, but no luck yet.

At least it is only with one site, so I know it must be something in that site. I just need to take a day to really dive into it. I was hoping this would be one of those, "Oh, you need to do this!" moments for someone to recognize the problem. Doesn't look like that will happen.

Maybe this will teach me to document every step. I'm very sloppy in that respect.
                      Stephen Pilon
                      Associate Librarian
                      Christendom College

Comment

Working...
                      X