Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Version 12.4.6.5.6 Build 9192 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 12.4.6.5.6 Build 9192 Issues

Hi All...

I'm having a lot of issues with the current stable. Curious if it is just me. I can't use the color pick tool without Alpha throwing an error. If I try to preview a UX I get a 500 error. I tried looking for a hot fix but didn't see one. I even created a brand new UX and the errors persist. Uninstalled and re-installed...no luck.

preview error.png
    color picker tool errr.png
    Attached Files
    Never take a ride to the edge of your mind unless you've got a ticket back - Jon Oliva - Savatage.

Wasn't able to reproduce the problems you described. My color pallet tool worked fine from the couple control properties I tried it from.
    Mike Brown - Contact Me
    Programmatic Technologies, LLC
    Programmatic-Technologies.com
    Independent Developer & Consultant​​

Comment

Based on the error message, and if this does not work, you're only out a few minutes, but I would turn the computer off for 2 minutes, then
      restart and see if the error message still appears.

image.png
      Gregg
      https://paiza.io is a great site to test and share sql code

Comment

Thank you for your replies. My desktop is virtual so I spun up another clean image of Win10 and the 500 error when trying to preview a new UX persists. This is on a fresh install of AA and fresh Win10 so I don't believe it is my environment at this point. The color picker tool is the least of my worries as I can color codes a million different ways. The internal server error is alarming.

Sorry if my post wasn't clear. These are two different errors.

Thanks

Never take a ride to the edge of your mind unless you've got a ticket back - Jon Oliva - Savatage.

Comment

Sorry about that. Sometimes fixing one error fixes other errors.
          Are you able to use live preview for anything ?
          Gregg
          https://paiza.io is a great site to test and share sql code

Comment

Okay, some more findings...if I add a text box to a new UX, not data bound, not multiple, just a single text box the preview works.

If I do the following steps I get the error:

New UX
            Add Textbox
            Create multiple new controls at once
            Click populate list from table
            Type is AlphaDAO
            Choose my connection string
            Choose my table
            Leave all checkboxes checked (All fields, Include data binding, etc.)
            Click Okay
            Click Okay

When prompted for "Enable Expression for Submit Button" I leave it set to "When any control on the UX component is dirty"

Click Okay

Try to preview it in my browser (Chrome, but it doesn't matter)

I get the 500 Internal Server Error.

Feels like a bug to me but curious if anyone else follows those steps and gets the same error. Granted you don't have the same table as me but that might not matter.

Thanks

Comment

Just an update. I can reproduce this issue only on Windows10. On a Windows 11 (YUCK!) machine the issue does not occur.

Comment

I just spent some time on this. Is there anyone using build 9192 who can create a UX, add some fields with databinding, and an onDialogInitialize action to "Populate a Dialog with data from one or more tables"? And not get the errors Joe is showing?
                -Steve
                sigpic

Comment

I just now created a UX as you described and don't have any issues with it. Working/live previews work fine.

I attached my sample UX and SQL table (with data).
                  Attached Files
                  Mike Brown - Contact Me
                  Programmatic Technologies, LLC
                  Programmatic-Technologies.com
                  Independent Developer & Consultant​​

Comment

Thanks Mike. I tried on another system/computer and no problems at all. Must be something in the water....
                    -Steve
                    sigpic

Comment

Another round of testing...still battling this issue...

I removed the last added field to the table which was Litigation_Hold thinking maybe something goofy happened when I created that field. The error persisted.

Then I duplicated the transaction table with no data and I no longer get the error.

I still don't know what the current stable doesn't like about the data in that table. 8565 works without issue, same table and data that the current stable doesn't like. I've also step upgraded from 8565 and it looks like the issue starts happening around build 9008.

Comment

So it works on Win10, but not Win11?
                        Works in older versions of Alpha - on 10 and 11?
                        Have Microsoft added any restricted words to try and stop hackers?
                        What VC are you using?
                        Where is Alpha installed? Prog files?

Sorry it's just questions, but we ain't sitting beside you.
                        See our Hybrid Option here;
                        https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

We are the
                        Department of Sunshine and Rainbows!

Hope restored, faith renewed, spirits lifted!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Giles View Post
                          So it works on Win10, but not Win11?
                          Works in older versions of Alpha - on 10 and 11?
                          Have Microsoft added any restricted words to try and stop hackers?
                          What VC are you using?
                          Where is Alpha installed? Prog files?

Sorry it's just questions, but we ain't sitting beside you.
                          No need to be sorry, questions are how we get answers : )

It does work on older versions.

Not that I am aware of.

Not sure what "VC" you are asking about.

Alpha is installed in the default directory.

I did just make a discovery. I think Alpha suddenly doesn't like the name of my table. If I alias the table in Alpha the problem goes away. I just asked a friend to test it for me. Hoping he has the same results as I think I finally have the smoking gun.

BTW...the table name has always been called transaction

Comment

Things like reserved words are always difficult to track down.
                            They may have ben added at any time.

We are the

Comment

This is a place to check for Reserved Words;
                              https://www.drupal.org/docs/develop/...reserved-words

We are the

Comment

Working...
                              X