Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Buttons stop working after a panel is set active again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buttons stop working after a panel is set active again.

Anyone have a problem with tabbuttons that stop working after a panel navigator using tabbuttons is loaded then select one of the tabbuttons, activate another panel, then reactivate the main panel with a back button?
    This is on a newer android device, with all of the browsers.
    Win 10 64 Development, Win 7 64 WAS 11-1, 2, Win 10 64 AA-1,2, MySql, dbForge Studio The Best MySQL GUI Tool IMHO. http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/

Re: Buttuns stop working after a panel is set active again.

It only happens on the android device? If you run it on a computer instead (or on a different device) does it work?

Comment

It does it in the desktop browser also. It does it in working preview as well. I am going to try an update to see if this resolves it.
      Win 10 64 Development, Win 7 64 WAS 11-1, 2, Win 10 64 AA-1,2, MySql, dbForge Studio The Best MySQL GUI Tool IMHO. http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/

Comment

After an update to the Build 3264-4574 1-Dec-2015 -9:25 AM Release the problem is gone. Thanks

Comment

oops spoke too soon. The problem still exists.

Hopefully a better explanation.
          I have a panel navigator using tabbuttons.
          In the first panelcard (1) I have a list (main). When I select an item in the main list it opens another panel card (2) with a child list. The tabbuttons for the panel navigator are rendered in a header container on this panelcard (2).

If I select an item in the child list on panel card (2) I open another panel card (3) with a grandchild list. If I go back (a button that sets panelcard (2) active) from this point without selecting an item in the grandchild list The tabbuttons on the panelcard (2) in the header container are still working. However....

If I select an item in the panelcard (3) grandchild list I open another panelcard (4) with editing controls for the item selected in the grandchild list from panelcard (3). If I go back to panelcard (2) from this point (a button that sets panelcard (2) active) the tabbuttons in the header container on panecard (2) are no longer active. At this point I have no options but to refresh the browser and start all over.

This happens in all of the browsers desktop and mobile. Is this a bug? or maybe you cannot nest 4 panel cards deep.

Comment

Have you looked at it in Firebug while jumping between the panels?

Maybe there is a javascript error popping up. Even if it is a bug, the javascript error will at give a head start on what is happening.

Comment

Following your description of how you've put together your UX, I don't see the behaviour you're describing... or see any problem (other than logistics, potentially). There must be something else going on with your UX that you haven't described.

How many Navigator Tabbuttons do you have in PanelCard 2?
              Are you doing something to these buttons to make them Active?
              You have 4 PanelCards. Do you have 4 Navigator Tabbuttons? If so, I don't understand why. You'd get to PanelCard 2 and then be able to tap on Tabbutton 4 and go to the detail PanelCard... but for no reason at this point since you haven't selected data from PanelCard 2 or 3.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I looked at firebug I was hoping, but no errors.

David I have 5 tab buttons I have them defined in the panel navigator to activate the panel cards ex. tab button 1 activates panel card 1, 2 activates 3, selecting from the list on panel card 1 activates panel card 2, etc very basic.

I have checked my code and I am not disabling these buttons anywhere. I imagine that there may be another way of doing this that may flow better but it used to work OK. Please keep in mind this is not a 'mainstream' application. It is very specific to my business and how we manage it. I think it may have changed after I installed one of the pre - release updates (duh.....). I don't have time to down-grade and check right now.

Here is an interesting observation. When the tab buttons get disabled after opening panel card (4) and the editing controls container, then use the back button to activate panel card (2) and I select the tab button that should activate panel card (1) with the main list. The list flashes for about 1/2 a second.
                When I open panel card (4) I have other buttons defined in a panel header container, a back button and a button that opens another list to make a selection from and I go back to panel card (2) with the back button the second tab button that should activate panel card (3) runs the code from the button in the same place from the panel card (4)...

Maybe it has something to do with each panel card having its own panel header container?

I wish I could throw together a sample app but this involve many tables views and procedures that all use real data.

Comment

Is this anything close to what you've built? https://youtu.be/xwM9gHrkJiA

Comment

Thanks David.

I have moved my tab buttons to a header container under the panel navigator instead of panel card (2). The buttons work OK this way. The reason I had the tab buttons under panel card (2) is that I did not want the user to be able to do anything until they select an item in the list. I can disable the buttons in the header container.

Actually I am hiding the header until an item in the list is selected. Having the tab buttons available for all of the panels has eliminated the need to have the back buttons.
                    You can teach an old dog new tricks... thanks for the inspiration David.
                    Last edited by frankbicknell; 12-08-2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I originally had the tab buttons in the header of Panel Card 2 because I thought that's where you had them based on your first post. Then, in a subsequent post, it looked like you had them in the PN Header so I moved them - although you said you had only defined them in the PN. It doesn't make any difference... as they work in both places.

How were you hiding the tab buttons in Panel Card 2?

Comment

Re: Buttons stop working after a panel is set active again.

Hi David,

I wasn't hiding the tab buttons on panel 2. Panel 1 loads first with the list, after selecting an item in the list then panel card 2 loaded and the tab buttons were displayed. When the user selected another tab button move to another panel then the tab buttons were no longer available hence the back button. But now it is working way more smoother with the tab buttons available all of the time at the panel navigator level once the user makes the first selection in the list.

I apologize for all of the confusion. At the very least I should know how my own app works. If you don't do this every day it can get a bit overwhelming.

Comment

Re: Buttons stop working after a panel is set active again.

If anyone is interested here is a quick example of what I am doing. Please keep in mind it is a work in progress and I am not a vidiographer.
                          I will keep this open for about as week.

Mobile App Video

Comment

Working...
                          X