Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Ajax Call Back for MySQL INSERT FAILS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ajax Call Back for MySQL INSERT FAILS?

I have a button that performs and ajax callback to a function in my XBASIC FUNCTION DECLARATIONS in a UX form:

Code:
    'Add CONTRACTOR to look-up Table
    function AddContractor as c (e as p)
    	debug(1)
    	dim cn as sql::Connection
    	dim args as sql::Arguments
    	dim sqlINSERT as c

args.set("arg1", e.dataSubmitted.LicenseNumber)
    	args.set("arg2", e.dataSubmitted.ContName)
    	args.set("arg3", e.dataSubmitted.ContAddress)
    	args.set("arg4", e.dataSubmitted.ContCity)
    	args.set("arg5", e.dataSubmitted.ContState)
    	args.set("arg6", e.dataSubmitted.ContZip)
    	args.set("arg7", e.dataSubmitted.ContPhone)
    	args.set("arg8", e.dataSubmitted.ContFax)
    	args.set("arg9", e.dataSubmitted.ContRepFName)
    	args.set("arg10", e.dataSubmitted.ContRepMName)
    	args.set("arg11", e.dataSubmitted.ContRepLName)
    	args.set("arg12", e.dataSubmitted.ContRepTitle)
    	args.set("arg13", e.dataSubmitted.CreatedOn)
    	args.set("arg14", a5ws_getcurrentuser())
    	args.set("arg15", Now())
    	args.set("arg16", a5ws_getcurrentuser())

flag = cn.open("::Name::DAS140")
    		If flag = .f. then
    			e.javascript = "alert('Could Not Establish Connection');"
    		end if

sqlINSERT = "INSERT INTO contractors (CONT_LICENSE, CONTRACTOR, CONT_ADDRESS, CONT_CITY, CONT_STATE, CONT_ZIP, CONT_PHONE, CONT_FAX, CONT_REP_FNAME, CONT_REP_MI, CONT_REP_LNAME, CONT_REP_TITLE, CREATEDON, CREATEDBY, MODIFIEDON, MODIFIEDBY) VALUES (:arg1, :arg2, :arg3, :arg4, :arg5, :arg6, :arg7, :arg8, :arg9, :arg10, :arg11, :arg12, :arg13, :arg14, :arg15, :arg16)"

flag = cn.Execute(sqlINSERT, args)
    		If flag = .f. then
    			e.javascript = "alert('Record Not Entered');"
    		else
    			e.javascript = "{dialog.object}.runAction('updateCONTRACTOR_LUID');"
    		end if
    	flag = cn.Close()

end function
    Using the debug statement, I find that the cn.Execute(sqlINSERT, args) FAILS but do not know why? Also, the alert window to indicate "RECORD NOT ENTERD" does not come up either? Ive checked my columns in the database to make sure I didn't misspell anything, Ive checked my column types and all looks good to me.

Is there anything else I can check to figure out why this isnt working?

Re: Ajax Call Back for MySQL INSERT FAILS?

The alert does not come up because you don't set e.javascript in an xbasic function.

to return javascript, you set the function to the value of the javascript you want to return, so ...

At the end of the function put:

AddContractor = "alert('stuff');"

My guess is your run action isn't working either!

Note: Instead of making arg15 = now(), just put current_timestamp right in the insert statement. I'm not sure setting it to an argument and then putting it through like that will work.

so ...

:arg14, current_timestamp, :arg16

with no arg15 at all.

Finally, the sql execute will return an error code if you grab it. (Lookup the exact command.)

But you want to do something like this:

function = "alert('" + js_escape(cn.resultseterror) + "') ;"

You want to wrap it in js_escape because the error code will return some single quotes in there.

Comment

one thing I can think of, is
      a5ws_getCurrentUser() is server function, it may not be available when you run in your development machine in debug mode.
      to test, just set it to some arbitrary name like your name and test it if it works when you publish change it back to a5ws_getCurrentUser()

also I do not know why you need flag = cn.close()
      you can just close it with
      cn.close()
      thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
      mysql backend
      http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
      [email protected]
      1 914 924 5171

Comment

Ivan,

Since you're using debug(1) to step through your code, you can examine the properties of your "cn" object in the deubber.

As soon as your code hits the debug statement... and you're in the debugger... type cn into the Expression area of the debugger. You'll get a message in the Value column that cn doesn't exist but that's ok. Keep stepping through the code and cn will be set and then executed. Once execute you can examine and expand the cn object... getting at cn.CallResult.Text which will give you the full error.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidk View Post
          Ivan,

Since you're using debug(1) to step through your code, you can examine the properties of your "cn" object in the deubber.

As soon as your code hits the debug statement... and you're in the debugger... type cn into the Expression area of the debugger. You'll get a message in the Value column that cn doesn't exist but that's ok. Keep stepping through the code and cn will be set and then executed. Once execute you can examine and expand the cn object... getting at cn.CallResult.Text which will give you the full error.
          Thanks David, I was trying to get the error code show up as a pop-up window but having trouble. I was able to step through the code like you said and view the text, heres what I got:

{Code=195,Text=Database API specific error�� ,NativeCode=1292,NativeText=Incorrect datetime value: '12/23,Syntax=,API=,RowsAffected=0,Success=.F.,Error=.T.,Canceled=.F.,Warnings=.F.,RowsReturned=-1}

Im guessing its because the field "CreatedOn" on my form is formatted to display Now(), but I MySQL does not store the dateTime value in that format correct?
          Capture.PNG
          Last edited by Gustavo1478; 12-23-2015, 02:43 PM. Reason: Picture

Comment

Basically what I am trying to accomplish here is when a new contractor is entered into a myPROJECTS form (which holds contractor, awarding_agency, project address etc.), the contractor info gets appended to a contractor look-up table (if it is a new contractor).

Once the contractor is appended I want to fill in the ContractorID field in the projects form (the PK ID from the contractor look-up table). Currently I have a button that opens the "new contractor entry form" to be pre-populated to the fields in the project form for contractor, the user then hits submit, remembers the ContractorID , returns to the project form to fill in the ID and continues to fill out the myProjects form. I wanted to automate this whole process with a button press.
            1.Append to Contractor Look-up
            2.Get PKID
            3.Fill in ID on ProjectsForm.

Comment

Just put the now() into the statement directly.

ie:

:arg14, now(), :arg16

Comment

What I dont understand is I have this:

Code:
                'Insert Box 3 Note into notes_sql
                function Box3 as c (e as p)
                	dim cn as sql::Connection
                	dim sqlINSERT as c

args.set("project_number_fk", e.dataSubmitted.ProjectNumber)
                	args.set("processor", a5ws_getcurrentuser())
                	args.set("date",Date())
                	args.set("type","RECEIVED")
                	args.set("note", "Received DAS140 Box 3 Complete. Will file away.")
                	args.set("createdon", Now())
                	args.set("createdby", a5ws_getcurrentuser())
                	args.set("modifiedon", Now())
                	args.set("modifiedby", a5ws_getcurrentuser())

flag = cn.open("::Name::DAS140")
                		If flag = .f. then
                			alert("Could Not Establish Connection")
                		end if

sqlINSERT = "INSERT INTO notes_sql (project_number_fk, processor, date, type, note, createdon, createdby, modifiedon, modifiedby) VALUES (:project_number_fk, :processor, :date, :type, :note, :createdon, :createdby, :modifiedon, :modifiedby)"

'	If flag = .f. then
                	'	e.javascript =	"window.alert('Record Not Entered');"
                	'		else
                	'	e.javascript =	"window.alert('Record Entered Successfuly');"
                	'	end if
                	flag = cn.Close()
                end function
                In the same Xbasic Function Declaration and it works with no problems?

Comment

Okay, well I got the INSERT to work but now, How do I get the PK value of the inserted record, and populate a field in the current UX with it?

Comment

Because you are doing the coding yourself, you will have to find the PK yourself - Alpha can't really help you.

Try something like:

select max(pkfield) as pkfield from mytable where project_num = :projectnum and createdby = currentuser

That will give you the highest pk value created by that user - it should be the one you just inserted.

This is dependent on each user having a unique userid. (No sharing!)

Comment

Originally posted by lgrupido View Post
                      Because you are doing the coding yourself, you will have to find the PK yourself - Alpha can't really help you.

Try something like:

select max(pkfield) as pkfield from mytable where project_num = :projectnum and createdby = currentuser

That will give you the highest pk value created by that user - it should be the one you just inserted.

This is dependent on each user having a unique userid. (No sharing!)
                      So something like this
                      Code:
                      		If flag = .f. then
                      			addContractor = "alert('Oops! Boken? " + js_escape(cn.CallResult.text) + "');"
                      		else
                      			dim sqlSELECTMAXPKID as c
                      			sqlSELECTMAXPKID = "SELECT MAX(contractor_id) as pkid FROM contractors WHERE createdby = :arg14"
                      			AddContractor = "{dialog.object}.setValue('Contractor_ID',"+js_escape(sqlSELECTMAXPKID)+");"
                      		end if
                      	flag = cn.Close()

Comment

that is not necessary

whether grid or ux, the last inserted id is available after you submit the record. look at the function where you insert the data it will tell the mechanism for dbf and sql.
                        look in the function run down few lines you should how to get the last inserted id.
                        thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                        mysql backend
                        http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
                        [email protected]
                        1 914 924 5171

Comment

The last PK is available after submitting a record, but he is NOT submitting a record, he is doing an insert from a function. (Or am I missing something here?)

What PK values are you looking to get?

Comment

Originally posted by GGandhi View Post
                            that is not necessary

whether grid or ux, the last inserted id is available after you submit the record. look at the function where you insert the data it will tell the mechanism for dbf and sql.
                            look in the function run down few lines you should how to get the last inserted id.
                            But I would not want the precise last record inserted, as there are multiple users, Larry was on the right track with this, Each user does have their own UNIQUE username. Ive set this following code but I dont think Im using the WHERE clause in the filter correctly, and Im also not sure how to set the ID in order to use it. Heres what Ive got so far that runs only if the insert new record was a success:

Code:
                            		If flag = .f. then
                            			addContractor = "alert('Oops! Boken? " + js_escape(cn.CallResult.text) + "');"
                            		else
                            			dim sqlSELECTMAXPKID as c
                            			dim PKID as n

args.set("arg17", a5ws_getcurrentuser())
                            			sqlSELECTMAXPKID = "SELECT MAX(contractor_id) FROM contractors WHERE createdby = :arg17"

flag = cn.Execute(sqlSELECTMAXPKID, args)
                            				If flag = .f. then
                            					AddContractor = "alert('PKID Not Selected. " + js_escape(cn.CallResult.text) + "');"
                            				else
                            					PKID = sqlSELECTMAXPKID				
                            					AddContractor = "{dialog.object}.setValue('Contractor_ID',"+js_escape(PKID)+");"
                            				end if
                            		end if
                            	flag = cn.Close()
                            Last edited by Gustavo1478; 12-23-2015, 04:09 PM. Reason: I meant Larry Not David :)

Comment

Originally posted by lgrupido View Post
                              The last PK is available after submitting a record, but he is NOT submitting a record, he is doing an insert from a function. (Or am I missing something here?)

What PK values are you looking to get?
                              Larry you are correct, Im inserting a record with a button press, not submitting a form.

Comment

Working...
                              X