Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Actionjavascript possible in Map Marker Details?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actionjavascript possible in Map Marker Details?

I have an ux with 2 panels
    Panel A : controls and buttons
    From here I go to panel B with in it a google map.

In that google map I have markers based on a dataserie and marker details (when clicked on the marker)

Can I attach in that marker detail javascript that:
    - fills data from that specific marker in controls in panel A
    - and than set panel A active again.

Thanks in advance for a start :-)
    Ger Kurvers
    Alpha Anywhere / V4.6.1.9- Build 6488 (production) / V4.6.5.1 - 8722-5683(testing)
    Development: Mysql, windows 10 64 Applicationserver: standard on Windows server 2019

Re: Actionjavascript possible in Map Marker Details?

Ger,

I haven't tested this but I think you can simply use inline javascript in the marker details ?

Frank
    Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper87 View Post
      Ger,

I haven't tested this but I think you can simply use inline javascript in the marker details ?

Frank
      Hi Frank,

At that spot the instructions are unclear ("one can use html and data from the dataseries"). And no genies for building javacript available there..
      But even at the onclick event of the marker I could not find valid syntax to do this with the builders. All 'normal javascript makes that the component doesn't load anymore.
      Guess that there is a problem in the embedded Google Map component to find the parent and through that te reach the other panels and controls in it.

For example I added as template in the marker detail (like the example in video http://www.ajaxvideotutorials.com/V1...eMapping_2.swf) to go change the active panel:

<a href = "#" onclick="{dialog.object}.panelSetActive('MAIN_LIST_SEARCH',true);">Select</a>

Will try again tomorrow, but tried already many standard ways without succes :-(
      Last edited by cptutrecht; 04-20-2016, 04:55 PM.
      Ger Kurvers
      Alpha Anywhere / V4.6.1.9- Build 6488 (production) / V4.6.5.1 - 8722-5683(testing)
      Development: Mysql, windows 10 64 Applicationserver: standard on Windows server 2019

Comment

Solved: one had to use a javascipt function because use of placesholders weren't supported. But also that has been cured now by Alpha
        Ger Kurvers

Comment

Ger have you understood the data object used in the onclick event?

http://www.alphasoftware.com/alphafo...738#post710738

I asked what I thought was a simple question but have not had any takers.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael1954 View Post
            Ger have you understood the data object used in the onclick event?

http://www.alphasoftware.com/alphafo...738#post710738

I asked what I thought was a simple question but have not had any takers.

Michael
            Hi Michael,

I didn't realize that this thread was related.

Below code is for a use case: "select arguments as input for a search form on a map". The arguments are buildings in a real world situation.

But if it helps below the workaround by using javacript function that works in the onclick event en marker details (credits to Selwyn again :-):

1. My javascript function:

function selectBuilding(name) {
            {dialog.Object}.setValue('Spinlist_search_buildings',name ); // set the argument in a spinlist
            {dialog.object}.panelSetActive('MAIN_LIST_SEARCH',true); // return to the search form
            }
            Then I use the Map Genie "ad multiple markers to a map". There:

2. use in the onclick event of the marker:

var name = '{ds.data("Centra_kode")}';selectBuilding(name);
            3. or use in the marker details:

<button onclick="var name = '{ds.data("Centra_kode")}';selectBuilding(name);">Select</button>
            Hope this helps. Please make a link back to this thread in your's if it is indeed the solution
            Ger Kurvers

Comment

Thanks will try, If I can do that iot will make my day

Comment

Has anyone ever used or placed a drop down in an info bubble for map marker details? The idea is that I click on the map marker and be able to edit data in the row. My goal is to have a map marker that would show a job location for a technician, if I select that map marker I want to be able to reassign the map markers details to reflect a different technician. Not sure if I am being clear in my intent.
                The row of data has a field that has the geolocation data in certain fields and that location is assigned to a technician (you guessed it another field) so I know we can include let's say address1 and other map marker info. I want to open not just an info bubble but possibly a very small editor.
                This may actually be a better use of the new form editors...what say you guys ?
                What kind of work would be involved and has anyone done this yet?
                NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

That is essentially what I am trying to do. I will look at Ger's code and see if I can make the onClick event work.

Comment

I wasn't sure but my question seemed to fit here, lol - good luck! I am fighting my demons with sparkpost --- but I finally got a successful send so - woot
                    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

bump: not looking for an ONCLICK event at all I am looking to create a maplink within the marker detail from a field value, and or a hyperlink that would should the field value underlined as a hyperlink and clickable
                      currently the marker detail would contain this:
                      <b>Location:</b> {js_escape(ds.data("Location"))}</font>
                      I would like this:

<b>Location:</b> <a href={js_escape(ds.data("Location"))}>Map</a></font>

to work however I get 404 errors as
                      https://www.nwcopro.com/2817 as the resulting link and not the ds.data as teh map link
                      adding in the parenteses surrounding the link does not work to resolve it.
                      as in
                      <b>Location:</b> <a href="{js_escape(ds.data("Location"))}">Map</a></font>
                      Last edited by CharlesParker; 05-05-2016, 02:01 PM.

Comment

it seems to me the template can only refernce static text and static text that results from an expression...hope not!

Comment

Never mind the syntax is this
                          <b>Location:</b> <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q= {js_escape(ds.data("Location"))}">Map</a></font>

Comment

I was under the assumption this would work whether someone was using a client side cached data, javascript function, or a list but I am having issues getting this to work when using a list so can anyone confirm is this syntax works to get other data that was in the list when clicking on a marker icon or does this only work with some of the client side data options?

Comment

Working...
                            X