Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Scroll to top of repeating section container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scroll to top of repeating section container

I have a panel navigator, panels of course, and one panel that contains a repeating section. I'm constantly re-filling that repeating section with rows based on another user selection, and then navigating to the panel that contains the RS. Sometimes there are enough rows to cause the RS to scroll (vertically), other times, not.

The problem is that I might have a RS with enough rows to cause the user to scroll down. The user does so, navigates back to the selector, makes another choice, and now they're back at the RS with, this time, a much shorter list. But, the records in that short list don't even seem to be there because the RS keeps its state of being scrolled to the bottom. If user swipes up, the rows are there, but this is not ideal, to be sure.

I've tried to find some method to scroll the RS to the top/first row, and can't figure that out.
    I've enclosed the RS in another container and put a button over the top of the RS container, then tried to .setFocus() to that button. That just locked things up.

So, anyone know how, when repeatedly repopulating a repeating section, to bring it to the first-most row each time?
    -Steve
    sigpic

Re: Scroll to top of repeating section container

If it was me, not knowing JavaScript and being new to repeating sections, I would put the button that navigates back to the selection at the top of the list. Then you know they are at or near the top when they start the navigation.

Or, create a list with one section, maybe says Please wait..., and go there first, then load the second list.

Pat
    Pat Bremkamp
    MindKicks Consulting

Comment

Tried this, it doesn't work at least on my iPad, and once did:

{dialog.Object}.setRepeatingSectionActiveRow('RS_QUESTIONS',1);

This is part of a really miserable situation that's unresolved after two weeks' effort.

On this panel, I have:
      <button>
      Scrolling repeating section
      <button>

When the panel is presented, one or both of the buttons is usually missing.

The repeating section is sometimes not even filled with the rows, and scrolling the repeating section is hit & miss.

These problems are consistent with iPhones and Android devices, but work without any problem at all on the desktop and on my iPad.
      Last edited by Steve Workings; 05-05-2016, 09:14 PM.
      -Steve
      sigpic

Comment

I am just curious since I have no access to version 12.

in my opinion panels are nothing but div(s) in a different name to fit mobile progress.
        if there is a problem in displaying in one set of devices than the other where it works well, then the problem is the available real estate on the smaller devices are not able to accommodate the layout not the panels themselves, in my opinion.

would you mind trying the problem panel with nothing but the buttons and static text. if they work okay in all devices, then probably you will need to adjust the size in percentage or insert another panel (div),(something like flexible panels) above and below all of this that will push the contents to the center.

am I making sense or I am way off to another planet?
        Last edited by GGandhi; 05-06-2016, 06:21 AM.
        thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
        mysql backend
        http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
        [email protected]
        1 914 924 5171

Comment

I may not have described this well, maybe this picture will help. I repopulate this repeating section with different questions, over and over again. Each control you see here is one row in the section. When it's presented to the user, it's often not scrolled to the top, as I show here. I'm just looking for an effective way to put focus on the first row, so the user starts with that, each time that I repopulate the section and then display the panel with this section to the user.
          Snap1.png
          -Steve
          sigpic

Comment

Steve - repeating sections and panels don't really work well together - why not us a ViewBox with with a list option or a list control - much lighter and easier and mobile friendly.
            Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
            Albert Einstein, (attributed)
            US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

1. Because customer is not upgraded to 12.4 yet, and

2. The list control doesn't offer a way to arrange input controls in a way that are needed here, and

3. It's too late to change - deadline to release this is barrelling down on us.

This is a highly dynamic inspection system driven by back-end data that dictates everything from the question, to the type of control, whether it's a required value, etc. And the questions you might see for the inspection module in New York may be different than what you see in Texas.

There ought to be some method to set focus to the first row.
              -Steve
              sigpic

Comment

Possible Solution - Play Video
                Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Comment

2016-05-08_1521.png

Comment

You understand the problem well Pete except the repeating section is in a container in the panel. I can't have the width that you show in your example. So I've tried to scroll to the top of the container that contains the repeating section - that sort of thing, and will continue to pursue what you and I both think is the "how" to solve the problem.

Update: I think this works on the RS container, have to get testers to confirm:

Code:
                    	var id = {dialog.object}.getPointer('V.R1.RS_QUESTIONS.CONTENT');
                    	A5.u.element.setScroll(id,0,0);
                    Last edited by Steve Workings; 05-08-2016, 11:39 AM.
                    -Steve
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, I see the behavior improvement immediately on my iPad and desktop browser. But apparently this scroll to top has no effect on the iPhone.

Further, related problem on the iPhone is that the last, bottom input is usually a comments/notes text area. And, they can't scroll down far enough, and stay scrolled down far enough, to enter notes.

Anyone have a repeating section, set to be in or as a scrolling container, that works on the iPhone, or have good suggestions to make this functional? I've built plenty of this kind of thing but mostly specced for an iPad without any problem at all. This is very stubborn.
                      -Steve
                      sigpic

Comment

Well - if it's that kind of issue i'd report it, als I'd focus on the repeating section actions, this forces the repeating section to itself to the top (the first record gets focus), the issue you are having right now is a container in a panel issue. If this doesn't work - I don't know the answer.
                        var rowCount = {dialog.Object}._getRepeatingSectionRowCount('REPEATINGSECTION_SALES');
                        {dialog.Object}._setRepeatingSectionRowCount('REPEATINGSECTION_SALES',rowCount,true,false);

Comment

Yep, I'm using that:

Code:
                          {dialog.Object}._setRepeatingSectionRowCount('REPEATINGSECTION_SALES',rowCount,[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]true[/B][/COLOR],false);
                          Just having a discussion with the customer that perhaps their current use of build 2689-4440 is not helping the situation. But getting them to upgrade soon enough to make a difference on this is unlikely.
                          Last edited by Steve Workings; 05-08-2016, 09:36 PM.
                          -Steve
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X