Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Open UX to specific record when UX is opened from TabbedUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open UX to specific record when UX is opened from TabbedUI

I am opening a UX from a Tabbed UI so the filtering options are different (limited) compared to opening from a button on a grid or another UX.
    The UX is bound to a table.
    I am loading primary keys when the UX initializes.

How can I open the UX and display a specific record. In other words filter it? At the moment it always displays the first record in the bound table.

I have set an argument on the UX and can populate the argument with a session variable but I can't see how to apply the argument as a filter so the correct record is displayed.

Re: Open UX to specific record when UX is opened from TabbedUI

The UX itself should filter the records using the session variable not the tabbedUI's button calling it - at least that what works for me every time! Now I do not really know exactly what your doing so I could be off base but again, that's how I do it.
    SO for testing my UX, I can either set the session var to a known value or remove it, then uncomment it and publish. So the session var gets set in the Server-side onDialogInitialize event and filters the records.

SO what defines the "correct" record? userid? companyid? a specific productid?

Is this a list control in the UX?
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Thanks Charles, I'm wanting to apply the filter to the UX itself, rather than a control on it.

My UX is bound to a table containing user information. I want to filter the UX to display the record for the currently logged in user.

The only way I can see to filter the UX is to set an argument on the UX (eg arguserid) then when I add the button for the UX to the tabbedui navigation pane I can set the argument to the session variable (arguserid = session.currentuserid).

However when I do this and open the UX the first record in the table is displayed rather than the record matching the filter. It's got me stumped!

Comment

Thanks Charles, I'm wanting to apply the filter to the UX itself, rather than a control on it.

My UX is bound to a table containing user information. I want to filter the UX to display the record for the currently logged in user.

The only way I can see to filter the UX is to set an argument on the UX (eg arguserid) then when I add the button for the UX to the tabbedui navigation pane I can set the argument to the session variable (arguserid = session.currentuserid). But how do apply this argument as a filter? It's got me stumped!

Comment

Again, the filter should be in the UX. How are you setting the value of session.currentuserid? That should be in the Server-side onDialogInitialize event then in the lookup for the table set the WHERE clause in there. You can also ORDER the records then from there. The only code in the tabbedUI should be automatically generated to simply open the UX.
          Remember one thing, your UX is doing exactly what your telling it to, frustrating as it is - you'll get it. I filter records based on company_id and user_id in every UX I got and this is how I do it, AND my application runs exclusively in a tabbedUI as well.

In my UX Server-side onDialogInitialize event
          I have this:

Code:
          function onDialogInitialize as v (e as p)
          		dim cn as sql::Connection
          cn.open("::Name::Connection1")

dim pUser as p
          dim pUser.userid as c
          a5ws_logged_in_user_values(pUser) 
          'gets logged in user data to pointer 'pUser'.
          session.coid = sql_lookup("::name::Connection1","users","userid='"+pUser.userid+"'","company_id")
          so this simply selects the company id from the users table WHERE the userid = pUserid.userid
          and assigns the companyid to the variable session.coid

If your connecting to a table then in the Load Primary Keys for Parent Table, I check Filter and put in that the company_id = session.coid

This will effectively result in ONLY the records showing the company records belonging to that user. You can further filter as you would like and order them from there.

NOW if this is a list control the filtering and order get setup in the list control not here - however since the var is set when the UX is opened the function onDialogInitialize
          works for BOTH perfectly!

So in the end I think regardless of what your setting the var to the UX is still not filtering by it so it doesn't matter what your setting it to - just a guess though!
          NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Thanks Charles, I was setting the session variable without issue, the issue I had is that I couldn't see where to set the filter for the UX.

In your post above you mentioned that there is a filter option in the Load Primary Keys server side action. That is exactly what I was looking for, so thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Regards, Richard.

Comment

Awesome, glad I could help!

Comment

Working...
              X