Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Server Side Events Failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Side Events Failing

Curious if anyone else is experiencing issues with server side events since this latest released updated. I have had all kinds of odd things happening when a component has xbasic in server side events specifically onDialogInitialize and onLogin (where the component seems to stop working because of this code). I have fixed a couple of issues by getting rid of the code in the onDialogIntialize event and instead doing thing with the client side events (obviously not the fix I would prefer) but as far as I can tell there isn't a whole lot I can do to get around the issue with code not running right in the onLogin server side event as that is the only way to implement if a login worked when an component has login functionality (other than writing my own xbasic code to do what the on login server side event does to check if the login credentials given were correct).

Re: Server Side Events Failing

So I turned in a bug report on this and was told it wasn't a bug but as a means of being thorough (and not wanting to say that from this point forward I am no longer able to use certain server side events), I have attached a test component to see if anyone else can get this error to fire. I have also attached a link to a video I uploaded to dropbox to show the issue happening live. If you comment out the code in the onDialogInitialize event then the Ajax will fire correctly (as seen in the video), but I think the more strange part about the error is it seems to be a javascript error rather than something directly tied to the code in the onDialogInitialize event or in the xbasic function run by the ajax callback.

test_serverside_with_ajax.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...de%20Error.mp4

Comment

Just as a matter of reference, did Alpha offer any advice regarding this? Do you get the error when it is published or in live preview? You may be able to track the error in chromes dev tools, but my guess it is not the code but rather something to do with the controls. I have had errors pop up in working preview that do not show up live when it is published.
      NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

When I run it in production or live preview the ajax just doesn't fire, when I look at dev tools I don't even see a network call happen back to the server. Its like the action javascript that is on the button (again this is just a test case in many other cases I call the action javascript programmatically) causes an error which then stops the rest of the code from running. I don't get any error messages when I am in live preview or production which makes it harder to diagnose. Selwyn built a test component and took a look at mine but when he tested it he never got an error so as you can imagine it was passed back as not being a bug. The test component I built it super light weight so its not like there is a whole lot going on that would cause it to fail. Just hoping maybe someone else might have experienced it at some point.

Comment

I don't know why but I think if you just set e.control.field1 (and so on) to numeric values (hard coded) and eliminate the SQL to get the values you might not see the error. For some reason, I think it has to do with converting the field value as a char to a numeric. I think e.control is a character value and should be a number to do the math your wanting it to.
          NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

I see your component is just numbers and I got a different error.

Object doesn't support property or method 'split'

Comment

Changing the code to the following worked nicely

Code:
              e.control.num_drivers = "10"
              e.control.num_settlements = "20"
              e.control.num_units = "30"

Comment

I'll take a look at doing my numbers as characters and see what happens ( obviously in the cases where I need to use the SQL I still have to use the SQL but I can conver the numbers to strings). I'll give this a test and report back! Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

so again I think it goes back the variables being character values.

Comment

BTW this works as well so I am not too sure about the character vs numeric thing.

Code:
                    num1 = "A"
                    num2 = " B" 

e.control.num_drivers= num1+num2
                    	e.control.num_settlements = "20" + 3
                    	e.control.num_units = "30" + num1
                    Unless using rs.data in the return for a variable might need to be converted to a number with convert type.
                    I am guessing at this point, hope you figure it out.

One thing is for sure it concatenates the data as it were a char
                    Heres code with convert type being used and it works to actually do the math.
                    Code:
                    num1 = "1"
                    num2 = "2"
                    	e.control.num_drivers= convert_type("num1","N") + convert_type("num2","N")
                    	e.control.num_settlements = "2"
                    	e.control.num_units = "3"
                    Last edited by CharlesParker; 11-09-2016, 11:17 PM. Reason: added in the convert type code

Comment

Since you are doing math you may want to convert the values!

Comment

Working...
                      X