Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Video on sqlite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video on sqlite

Ok, I have a table I have filled with sqlites AA actions, now I need to put the info of this table on the server, is there a video showing how can I send all this info(to the server). Thanks I would really appreciate..
    Last edited by omarshi; 11-09-2016, 02:49 PM.

Re: Video on sqlite

Normally, you would use some a database client software like Navicat to connect to both servers, then use the data transfer tools of the client to move the tables and data. I haven't used SQLite, so I don't know what client applications are available for it.

What do you use to manage your sqlite locally? Will that not also connect to your server?

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention that this is disconnected mobile application and I have already made an order table for order taking while disconnected, so now I have actually two( tables the header and the detail) tables ready to be sent back to the server. And I would like to know if there is a video in order to transfer these tables from my celular to the server. I remember there was a video, but somehow don't find it..

Comment

My guess is that you need to have the tables created already on the server. Then, when you sync Alpha, it will transfer the data.

You are looking for an Alpha video that tells you how to sync offline data.

Comment

That is true for normal list of tables, but for tables created with sqlite actions it is not that clear when you want to send it back to the server, what I really like about sqite tables is that I can do truly disconnected ops with tables and I am not limited to the 5mb of local storage.

Comment

Your question isn't really that clear and should include some background information.

You've created a SQLite database which includes tables using the Alpha PhoneGap Build Builder option for SQLite Databases. This SQLite database is now included with your installed PGB App.

Your app writes data to your SQLite tables and you need to move this data to your data server.

You've not mentioned the Alpha Build your using, the data server your using, or if your app employs List Controls.

One way to move your data from SQLite is to use a Javascript function to query your tables and then pass that data through to an ajax callback which Updates/Inserts to your data server.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention some information, I am using version 12.4.2. build 3670, and my app does writes data to the SQLite tables and I do need to move this data to the data server which is a microsoft access database, and yes It emloys list controls in order to view(query) the data saved on the table. I recently found a video which says submit all list data on an ajax call back which looks quite interesting.
              Am I going on the right track?.. Thanks
              It looks like I a pass a variable with all data from my SQLITE table..

Comment

Are you populating your List manually... or through the List Javascript function property.

You'd have to report on which video you found (the video number) in order to determine if that's what you need.

Comment

Hello David I have used this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z05fc95XBio and it works. The variable passed to the server contains all the information of the list that contained my SQlite table, the only thing is that I have to assemble the table from this variable and check for the index of records so that I can update or create a new record. Thanks

Comment

I don't see many people working on SQLite tables on this forum, I feel it is the easier way to manage large set of data working disconnected.

Comment

I forgot in order to populate the list I am using
                      var _success = function(tx,result,resultArray) { {dialog.Object}.setListColumnsAndPopulate('list',resultArray);};

From this "list" is where I get the variable to submit all data..to the server...

I wished I did't had to put data on the list in order to send data to the server... I could not find a video on that.

Comment

Hey Omar,

I use SQLite a lot... it's amazing to have a full SQL Database sitting in your device. I'd wager that Alpha will continue to build upon SQLite... but... as you've found... it's easy to use as things currently stand.

There's still bits and pieces of logic information missing here, but let's see if we can work through it.

Is your List a non-data bound List? It's data source is not your Access database is it? Let's say it is not.

So... you've got a SQLite database full of new and updated rows... and some unchanged rows... is that right? I don't know how many rows we're talking about but let's say we want to be economical in our actions. We only want to send data to the server that we need to work on. As Selwyn pointed out in that video, the List control _rData contains only filtered/sorted List data... if a filter/sort has been placed on the List.

I would add a flag field to SQLite and the List control. Status. 0=unchanged, 1=New, 2=Updated. If a row has been added to the List, it's Status is 1. If a row is updated in the List and it's Status is already 1, then it stays 1. An updated row with an original Status of 0 has it's Status changed to 2.

When you're ready for your ajax callback to send data to the server... filter your List first. Status > 0. Your List should now only contain new and updated rows. When the server gets the data it contains the Status field and so your callback can loop through the data. If Status = 1 perform an Insert. If Status = 2 perform an Update.

If the Access database inserts/updates all went ok, the return from the callback could contain the Javascript to set your SQLite table Status field to 0. You'd update your List control data as well.

Another way to do this would be to use PouchDB and CouchDB. Use PouchDB on your device... which keeps in sync with a CouchDB. Your ajax callback will grab the CouchDB and update your Access table.

This is all very cool stuff.

Comment

You don't have to use the List to send data to the server. You can make an ajax callback and send your own string of data. That is, actually, what that video is showing. It's just using the List as a data store. But you are using a List in your app... right? So... might as well use it to supply data to the callback.

If you're not using the List for any other purpose other than providing a variable of data for the callback, then you don't need the List.

If you didn't want to use the List, then you'd send "resultArray" as the "Additional Data" parameter in your callback. You may need to work on resultArray to get it in the best format for sending in the callback.

Comment

I also use SQLite because it is great idea. BUT what I have found a challenged is that you should really use it as encrypted version. SQLite database is just a file so security may be a problem. Notice word may. I have used also CouchDB but if you compare it to the MongoDB I do not see any reason to use CouchDB . Life is much easier with MongoDb with better support and big community. Read tutorials and ask a question and you get answer.

But Alpha may be a different thing with these databases.

Comment

You'd used CouchDB if you wanted to use PouchDB on the Client.

Comment

Working...
                              X