Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

How to use a VIEWBOX as injectible content in a controlbar disclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use a VIEWBOX as injectible content in a controlbar disclosure

In the releasenotes of 4.3 there is an example of how a LIST control can be used in a disclosure
    "Showing a List in a Disclosure, videos of 2016-09-16"

I implemented a menu system in a VIEWBOX and want to use the controlbar / disclosure method, as described above using the list.
    The layout of Viewbox is like a list.
    But no luck: the viewbox-menu is not shown in the disclosure.

If i leave the viewbox in a panel I can controle show / hide of course with the controlbar and everthing keeps working, but I guess that is suboptimal.

Anybody luck with using a viewbox as injectible content in a disclosure?
    Ger Kurvers
    Alpha Anywhere / V4.6.1.9- Build 6488 (production) / V4.6.5.1 - 8722-5683(testing)
    Development: Mysql, windows 10 64 Applicationserver: standard on Windows server 2019

Re: How to use a VIEWBOX as injectible content in a controlbar disclosure

Can you post an example UX of what you've tried? That way we don't have to build from scratch and start doing things differently from what you have set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidk View Post
      Can you post an example UX of what you've tried? That way we don't have to build from scratch and start doing things differently from what you have set up.
      Thanks David for your offer to have a look at it.

I stripped down the component a little so that one can see the issue without databaseconnection.
      By doing that I discovered that I probably created a javascript error, just still can not find it.

In the zip file are two component

1. Original situation (viewbox-menu in panel) + as test a copy of the viewbox in an injectible container to use in a disclosure.

2. The situation i want to achieve: the same component without a panellayout and a menupanel.
      If i can use a disclosure I only need the panelnavigator as one can see.

There are two problems:

a. in live preview there is a javascript error that prevents the viewbox from rendering in the disclosure.
      When publishing that error didn't show, but the problem viewbox doesn't render either in the disclosure.

b. in working preview the error is absent and the viewbox renders in the disclosure. Only slightly different from the way it renders in the panel card: it shows a blank line between the menu-items.....

Thanks in advance for looking at it.
      Attached Files
      Ger Kurvers
      Alpha Anywhere / V4.6.1.9- Build 6488 (production) / V4.6.5.1 - 8722-5683(testing)
      Development: Mysql, windows 10 64 Applicationserver: standard on Windows server 2019

Comment

From what I can see in m_home_disclosure... this works. In your Discloser onSize event you have lObj.resize() which doesn't exist for lObj. So comment that out. Even with that error the viewbox renders for me in LivePreview (with js error), Working Preview (without js error) and in the Chrome browser (console js error for lObj.resize()).

You don't need the resize. Overall... is this what you're trying to achieve?

Disclosure.PNG

Comment

From what I can see in m_home_disclosure... this works. In your Discloser onSize event you have lObj.resize() which doesn't exist for lObj. So comment that out. Even with that error the viewbox renders for me in LivePreview (with js error), Working Preview (without js error) and in the Chrome browser (console js error for lObj.resize()).

You don't need the resize. Overall... is this what you're trying to achieve?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42794[/ATTACH]
          Thanks David,

1. lObj.resize() I may not need. This was from the releasenote video, and probably only appropriate in case of a List, not in case of Viewbox. So in both components I disabled it.

2. For viewing exact what I want to achieve I should have added the Sass changes I made for the Alpha stylesheet and provide our custom svg icons to the example. They are attached. I want the header and the disclosure have the same color (Light yellow background, dark blue font and icons).

3. From the screenshots below you can see what I try to achieve, and what is going wrong:

a. first image (m_home_panelmenu-livepreview): You can see under the button Panel how it should look
          And under the button disclosure that only the disclosure opens. And that the viewbox content is shown BELOW the Iphone simulator

m_home_panelmenu-LivePreview.PNG

b. second image in component m_home_disclosure-LivePreview: same issue als in image a.

m_home_disclosure-LivePreview.PNG

c. third image component m_home_disclosure-WorkingPreview: It's more or less oke, only that there is a blank line between the menu option compared to the situation that the viewbox is opened in a panel (see image a)

m_home_disclosure-WorkingPreview.PNG

Hopes this makes it more clear what driving me nuts.....
          Attached Files
          Ger Kurvers

Comment

I'm not seeing any of the odd viewbox oddities that you're showing. Having said that, I have noticed in the past some behaviour of Injectible Content used in a mobile app when that content is positioned inside the panel navigator in the UX builder. So, just in case, move your Injectible Content container to the buttom of your UX... the very bottom... not inside anything else. I always add a note to my Injectible Containers as well... tell others... and me... where they are used.

Overall, it seems, that the only issue you're actually presenting is that there is too much space between menu options.

I wouldn't change the spacing of the menu items. That looks quite appropriate for a mobile menu. Any smaller and you're going to get a lot of mis-taps. However, if you really want to, then just add a bit of css to your Viewbox CSS tab. You're using the Alpha Style, and you've established the style for your Viewbox items as {dialog.style}ListItem.

There are no extra blank lines between your items... it's just their height. So... add this to your Viewbox CSS...

Code:
            .AlphaListItem{
            	height:25px;
            }
            Disclosure2.PNG

Comment

Thanks David,

I take your advice concerning the spacing, indeed better if there is more space.
              I give up on implementing the viewbox in this component and stick with the panel. Moving the injectible as you suggest container does not solve my problem.
              And if you don't see the oddities, creating a bug report for alpha is also not very succes promising...... certainly not with a component throwing javacript error in livepreview.
              (and if I create a very basic UX the problem doesn't exist either at my machine)

I'm not seeing any of the odd viewbox oddities that you're showing. Having said that, I have noticed in the past some behaviour of Injectible Content used in a mobile app when that content is positioned inside the panel navigator in the UX builder. So, just in case, move your Injectible Content container to the buttom of your UX... the very bottom... not inside anything else. I always add a note to my Injectible Containers as well... tell others... and me... where they are used.

Overall, it seems, that the only issue you're actually presenting is that there is too much space between menu options.

I wouldn't change the spacing of the menu items. That looks quite appropriate for a mobile menu. Any smaller and you're going to get a lot of mis-taps. However, if you really want to, then just add a bit of css to your Viewbox CSS tab. You're using the Alpha Style, and you've established the style for your Viewbox items as {dialog.style}ListItem.

There are no extra blank lines between your items... it's just their height. So... add this to your Viewbox CSS...

Code:
              .AlphaListItem{
              	height:25px;
              }
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]42803[/ATTACH]
              Last edited by cptutrecht; 11-25-2016, 06:13 PM.
              Ger Kurvers

Comment

I was getting a js error when you had that .reszie() method in there... which you can't apply to Viewbox. But, with that .resize() gone... no js errors. When you run this in a browser... Chrome... are you getting js errors at the console? You're using build 3962... right? If you're using the component you sent me, I can't really see how it's not working for you. No issues here.

Comment

Working...
                X