Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Apperian Ease Questions/Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apperian Ease Questions/Feedback

I have my first mobile app built and now in the midst of deciding how I want to deploy it. This app is customer specific and will be installed on aprox 225 users mobile devices. I keep coming across the option to use Apperian Ease and have read the documentation, watched a few videos and visited the Apperian website, all leading to a couple of unanswered questions...
    1) is Apperian Ease expensive ? Their site does not state any pricing and only eludes to using the 30 day trial and then they will quote a price. Been down this road with other products in the past and have always been disappointed at the high prices after spending time learning their product
    2) when deploying a mobile app thru Apperian Ease, is it a true mobile app in the sense it is installed and resides on the device the same way as it would be if it went thru the Apple Store for example. Their description of using wrappers concerns me
    3) are AA developers using Apperian Ease, and if so, does anyone have any feedback or input ? (there seems to be very little mention of Apperian on this forum)

Really appreciate any feedback, getting to the next level beyond provisioning via PhoneGap is still overwhelming in my mind, thanks, Dave B

AA build 3779_4708
    Dedicated server hosted at GoDaddy
    SQL Server 2008r2
    Hosting 11 websites

Re: Apperian Ease Questions/Feedback

No idea but boy am I with you on the pricing situation - if you cannot list the price it is because you cannot properly explain the reason for the tiered pricing in my opinion. Every time I have run into it I was in the same boat - price was too high and left me thinking it was based on the quote as high as you can get and keep backing off till they bite strategy. Shop around, and look for the features you want, as that is really what's important. Of course it is often you get what you pay for! Nothing wrong with a high price - but I want to be treated fairly, right?
    Now, when I cannot find clear pricing I move on - and when I do any job for someone I tell them the expected cost up front. I had a guy from an affluent neighborhood tell me "I wasn't born into this neighborhood, I worked my way here AND I plan on staying here, if your price is fair you got the job, otherwise we can part ways now" I appreciate his comment, and my prices are on my website. I don't price things differently because I think you have $$$
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

I've never used Apperian... and I'm not sure I know anyone who's implemented it. Will your app be used by one company... or a number of different companies?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQm02cPYBAs
        here is a video from bob moore.
        thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
        mysql backend
        http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
        [email protected]
        1 914 924 5171

Comment

David K - It will be used by one company, their staff are scattered across the lower 48 states with a handful in Canada

Comment

Originally posted by GGandhi View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQm02cPYBAs
            here is a video from bob moore.
            Watched this video several times in the past, it demonstrates how to upload the files from PhoneGap to Apperian. But what happens after that ? Apperian prices are not evident, they talk about using a wrapper and kinda smells like the app is run thru a browser. They also talk about adding security and my mobile app uses the AA integrated security, so what will that look like ?

Starting to feel like the only way to find answers is to dive in and give it a try which I usually gravitate to, but this mobile app implementation stuff is so disjointed I find myself being more cautious

Comment

Since it's one Company, then I would go the Apple Developer Enterprise Program route. I've not had a chance to use it... but... it's designed for companies developing and deploying apps to their employee base. You do not go through the Apple Store. You (the Company) hosts and distribute the App.

Also note that the video link posted is well over 2 years old. You'd have to taken into consideration the changes in Alpha and PhoneGap Build and possibly in Apperian Ease.

Talk to Apperian and find out what they say for pricing.
              Last edited by Davidk; 12-02-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidk View Post
                Since it's one Company, then I would go the Apple Developer Enterprise Program route. I've not had a chance to use it... but... it's designed for companies developing and deploying apps to their employee base. You do not go through the Apple Store. You (the Company) hosts and distribute the App.
                From what I've seen so far, this is the "provisioning" method and requires the end user to look up their devices serial # and send it to us, add it to PhoneGap, get the QR code, send it to the user who will not have a QR reader, etc etc etc. Not to mention the 100 device.

Or, is there a better way to distribute it ourselves that I'm not catching on to (I sure hope the answer is yes)

Thanks for the input

Comment

I believe you're referring to an "Ad-hoc" process of distributing your app for testing. I'm referring to the Enterprise "In-House" process... something completely different.

Again, I've not had a chance to use the Enterprise program, but I've read quite a bit about it. The Certificates and Provisioning Profiles used in PhoneGap Build are "Enterprise" versions... "In-House" versions. This does not involve specific UDID's. This allows you to host your app and give employees access to it. The app is hosted on a secure site (SSL) so that access is given only to employees allowed.

For your purposes, it's well worth investigating.

Comment

Working...
                  X