Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Apple Store rejection due to IPv6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Store rejection due to IPv6

Submitted my mobile app to the Apple Store and got rejected with this message "We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone and iPad running iOS 10.3.1 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network". After a little digging, I discovered this happens to lots of submissions and the popular fix is to request a Server IPv6 Address from your hosting provider.

I'm running all of my sites on a GoDaddy VPS and called tech support to request the IPv6 address. After a bunch of false starts with the tech, he escalated my call only to be told GoDaddy no longer offers IPv6 addresses for their VPS nor dedicated server customers. Wasn't sure if I was getting a good response from them so I did more digging and sure enough it appears GoDaddy stopped offering IPv6 last October. Here's a link to their community portal that mirrors my conversation today with them https://ca.godaddy.com/community/Dev...ange/m-p/16087

Switching hosting providers would be a significant effort so I started digging for any other options and came across a few developers saying there are work-arounds but I haven't tried these yet
    1) One person says switching from uiwebview to wkwebview solved the problem with the Apple rejection. I'm not sure what this is or how to make the change
    2) Some other blogs suggest using a middleware service that front end the call to the server with a IPv6 address

Has anyone in the Alpha community come across a similar issue with the whole IPv6 requirement with the Apple Store and how did you solve it ?
    Any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks, Dave

My environment
    AA 12.4.4.3 - 4254 (Addins 4863)
    GoDaddy VPS
    SQL Server 2008r2

Re: Apple Store rejection due to IPv6

Have you seen this... https://developer.apple.com/support/ipv6/

and this... https://developer.apple.com/library/...220-CH213-SW16

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response !
      Yes I read both of these articles this morning. Regarding the 1st link it prompted me to run a IPv6 test and I used the http://ipv6-test.com/validate.php service which resulted in ipv6 test result.PNG. The test tool says it failed because of missing AAAA record in the DNS but I can't create a AAAA record without a Server IPv6 Address to point to (at least that how I think this gets set up). I also double checked my PG config and resulting IPA to make sure the ajax callback was using the domain name and not an IP address.

I read thru the article in the 2nd link you provided several times and while I understand the overall gist, I don't understand enough to know what suggestion would best fit my needs. The section titled "Use System APIs to Synthesize IPv6 Addresses" looks interesting but I don't have a clue how or where the code gets implemented.

Basically I'm stumped and do not know what to do next

Comment

Since GoDaddy doesn't support IPv6 I would spend my time changing to a provider that does. I've not tried the workarounds, but I'd guess they're going to take time to work out.

Comment

David, I'm going over notes from several clients who have apps in the App Store. ZebraHost hosts one and they're running IPv4. Is it not true that Alpha only supports IPv4? I know Alpha has support for MySQL Connection Strings for IPv6... but not for server calls... I think.

From another App, a client got the same rejection and note about IPv6 that you got. They are not using IPv6. However, at the time Apple tested their App, Apple was not able to log in... and pushed out the IPv6 message. Then made sure they're server was up and running... re-submitted... and the App was accepted.

Comment

Can't tell from the Alpha documentation and release notes whether or not Alpha supports IPv6 for server calls. The release notes explains what MySQL driver is needed for IPv6 but I skipped over that since I'm using SQL Server. I'm thinking the current rejection is a higher layer than SQL

I immediately checked the WAS and Alpha access/error logs when Apple sent their rejection notice. Everything was up and running when they did their test and I had other transactions happening at the same time from Android users.

This mobile app is in the Google Play Store and new installs are happening almost everyday with positive feedback - plus I'm getting requests to add more features and functionality. But I have to get this published to the Apple Store first. Building a mobile app is a blast especially with all the cool things Alpha has built into their product and local testing is a piece of cake. However, getting a mobile app out to the real world has been a frustrating and expensive (time) exercise

Comment

To be specific, getting an app out to the Apple Store, is a frustrating and time expensive exercise. Android was a breeze... because they'll accept anything.

I had to provide an extra video to Apple for my App because I'm using a third-party Bluetooth hardware to control my App. Since Apple testing doesn't have that hardware, they wanted to see a video of it connecting and walking through it's options.

I wonder if AlphaLaunch might be of interesting to you? Have a look in the pre-release notes.

Comment

David - thanks for the heads up about AlphaLaunch... this pre-release doc was published about 3 hours ago, how in the world do you stay on top of all this so quickly?
                Anyway, I read about 1/2 of the pre-release doc and this might become my backup plan or short term fix.

Comment

Working...
                X