Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

How to apply these styles oevrriding alpha styles quickly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to apply these styles oevrriding alpha styles quickly

From this thread
    https://www.alphasoftware.com/alphaf...ght=CUSTOM+CSS

http://smg.datadrivensystems.co.uk/rifqon/components2/
    I see some good styles here. I downloaded and copied these in head section of main alpha a5w page but not a single component is getting this style(grid, repeater etc.)
    How do I quickly apply these styles in rapid fashion?

Re: How to apply these styles oevrriding alpha styles quickly

Amit... you seem to ask the same question over and over. There is no "quick" way to apply these styles in "rapid fashion". If there was, you'd have your answer long ago. There is no way to easily apply a non-Alpha style. The Styles you reference are for show only... there are no tutorial examples of what went into the building and application of these styles... the examples are purely to show what could be done if you want to spend a bucket of time working on CSS... and you have some graphic design talent.

The only way for you to apply CSS like this is for you to learn CSS and Style Sheets, inside and out.

Comment

Rifqon works for me. He produced these styles as a method of learning Alpha. The layout of the page was defined at the beginning. The styles were built as a training exercise. We have never finished the exercise.

As I mentioned before we are working on a style sheet. This is not a trivial task. As David said some of the styles are internal and poorly documented. These 2 grids will work out of the box with Alpha. They have a sass file that allows some customisation. (Padding, font and colour I think) We only work on this project when we have spare time.

http://smg.datadrivensystems.co.uk/r...donly-dark.a5w
      http://smg.datadrivensystems.co.uk/r...d-readonly.a5w

You will notice that the grids offer a degree of responsive behavior. They were built for the desktop and do not work well on small screens.

http://smg.datadrivensystems.co.uk/r...le2/tabui2.a5w

We have set up a tabbed UI.

The list control and viewbox control is a dream, you can use normal web elements. That means you can employ freelancers. The project below was styled by a Russian guy.

http://smg.datadrivensystems.co.uk/m...ect/index.html

This page shows what you can do if you take your time. It took me 3hrs 20minutes to write the unstyled code. It took Rifqon 12 - 16 hours to restyle the page.

http://smg.datadrivensystems.co.uk/r...po_example.a5w
      Last edited by Michael1954; 05-29-2017, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks David and Michael. I now understand the whole styling thing. I will not ask this question again. One question to Michael- the warranty css can be applied via one click and it affects repeater and grid controls!!
        http://www.datadrivensystems.co.uk/a...&project=45880

I am wondering if this is also a good amount of efforts to make it visible in alpha style property. Is it possible to document how to do these warranty steps for other custom css(to show it along with alpha out of box css and apply via one click)

Download Warranty.zip
        Extract 'Warranty.zip' into a folder
        Copy 'Warranty' directory into CSS folder of your project
        Open any component in Alpha Version 11 or 12
        Go to 'Properties'
        Select CSS style name 'Warranty'
        Click Save

Comment

I will have one of the boys do a step by step video to make this clearer.

They have finished for today.

It will be available on this post in 24hrs.

Comment

One Caveat.

The way these sheets are built may be a problem.

I guess the guy started with Android light style sheet. He then changed only the CSS that he needed. He then saved that edited sheet as Warranty.

Now that sheet can be used with Alpha everywhere. In the same way, you can change from GrGray to Alpha you can change to Warranty.

The warranty project was strongly grid based. It had a Tabbed UI that we styled. I think it was before he learned sass, so this has no variables available. If you use controls that we did not use you may find the style inconsistent.

Comment

Second Caveat.

This is not a pure Alpha Grid. You will need a template.
              Grid Nav..png

If you look at the navigation between pages you will see I have written some custom JavaScript to update the Navigator. It needs to be fired in a number of places to display correctly. The older Alpha components require more attention than the ones driven by clientside templating.

Comment

Thanks Michael very much. Video will greatly help. We would like to build similar warranty style reusable custom css for future projects instead of poking into alpha custom designer.

Comment

Originally posted by amitloh View Post
                  Thanks David and Michael. I now understand the whole styling thing. I will not ask this question again. One question to Michael- the warranty css can be applied via one click and it affects repeater and grid controls!!
                  http://www.datadrivensystems.co.uk/a...&project=45880

I am wondering if this is also a good amount of efforts to make it visible in alpha style property. Is it possible to document how to do these warranty steps for other custom css(to show it along with alpha out of box css and apply via one click)

Download Warranty.zip
                  Extract 'Warranty.zip' into a folder
                  Copy 'Warranty' directory into CSS folder of your project
                  Open any component in Alpha Version 11 or 12
                  Go to 'Properties'
                  Select CSS style name 'Warranty'
                  Click Save
                  Hi amit,
                  Just update the videos, To create custom navigation as in the preview please watch these two videos.
                  We the downloaded zip file, now included grid.a5wcmp to help you with the setting which uses northwind database
                  hope this helpful.

Check the snip here https://goo.gl/ChFwr1

http://www.screencast.com/t/2cV2KgXuY

custom navigation
                  http://www.screencast.com/t/tZa2NJqX

have a good day,
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Khanafi; 05-30-2017, 05:47 AM. Reason: update the content explanation and components

Comment

As I said that used some JavaScript. You will notice it does not fire on every event.

I will chat with the boys and see where the JavaScript needs to be.

Once you have a Grid that works you need to save it as a Template.

The template then has the correct CSS and JavaScript.

Sorry this is a mess but these things are internal as training exercises.

Comment

Thank you both Michael, Khanafi.

Comment

Working...
                      X