Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Calendar Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calendar Questions

My customer needs some calendar tools, so a couple of questions.

What is the best way to do that?

Alpha has the web2cal option. Is that still actively supported by Alpha? Does it work well with the current version of Alpha Anywhere?

Jim Coltz has the Jquery calendar. I see it is still for sale on IADN. But it doesn't look like he has done any updates for a while. Is he still actively supporting it? Does it work well with the current version of Alpha Anywhere?

Are they other options I can pursue?

Any thoughts or advice you might would be welcome.

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike Reed
    Phoenix, AZ

Re: Calendar Questions

DHTMLX.com products

Comment

I had some issues with web2cal that prevented me from getting it to work - jims calendar on the other hand has been WELL WORTH IT. I have modded it heavily to apply 2 different calendar colors of choice per user and support through Jim has been outstanding. I have a multi-tenant application, so i needed to filter events in many different ways. As I said, I am very happy with it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it or buy it again if necessary. It was fairly easy to implement, even at my skill level (not a code guy) and the instructions are written well enough to see how you can make various tweaks, when it came time to get under the hood and really tweak it, Jim was very thorough in helping me - even when it was clear it was actually my fault it wasn't working as expected.
      Also, to take it further, when there was an update in AS that broke the calendar Jim was very quick to put out an update to fix it.
      I think he could make an update to make it mobile friendly (not that it doesn't work in mobile) but my guess is it would probably require a complete overhaul and perhaps he just doesn't have the time to do it or perhaps AS has made so many great new controls he's waiting for the next official release to see where to go with it.
      All said - great guy - great product - highly recommend.
      NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Thank Charles and David for your comments.

I'm looking at the DHTMLX site and at Jim's product. It would seem Jim's might be a bit easier to implement, but have to do a bit more research first.

I have sent a couple of emails off to different folks at Alpha Software about whether or not the Web2Cal is still being actively supported and if so, what license would be adequate for use in a project. Haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?
        Mike Reed
        Phoenix, AZ

Comment

Jim's Jquery Calendar does the trick. We have been using it for a few years now. We use various views: Calendar, Groups, by clinician, by patient. It is very flexible.
          Last edited by lvasic; 07-18-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Jim Coltz Jquery calendar here.
            Win 10 64 Development, Win 7 64 WAS 11-1, 2, Win 10 64 AA-1,2, MySql, dbForge Studio The Best MySQL GUI Tool IMHO. http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/

Comment

We use Jim's calendar it is great. We are styling (Building new CSS) for a customer who uses Web2Cal with no apparent problems.

Comment

We've been using web2cal for many years.

Comment

I've been working with the Alpha Calendar Control for the past few days... it's really excellent. I initially started to use the DHMTLX Calendar Control but found I could not disable days in the calendar with multiple ranges.

I switched to Alpha's Calendar Control and find it's great to work with.

Comment

I have used Jim's calendar for years and it performs flawlessly.

Recently with the new Alpha updates and javascript error reporting, it 'seemed' that there may have been a possible conflict. It turns out that wasn't the case. But at the time I let Jim know and he responded within hours. So, yes Jim is still very much actively supporting his Calendar, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it at all. He's just that kind of guy. You won't get better service and you certainly can't beat the price!

Even if you have some trouble implementing his calendar, Jim will be there to help you.

For me, I'd give my money to the small guy. But that's just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.
                    Last edited by iRadiate; 08-25-2017, 10:06 PM.
                    Alpha Anywhere v12.4.6.5.2 Build 8867-5691 IIS v10.0 on Windows Server 2019 Std in Hyper-V

Comment

I have used Jim's calendar for years. I use it at least five different ways in the same program. It is well worth it.

Comment

Same here.. Jim's Calendar with the added Schedule option gives a very powerful pivot view of Resource or Group by whatever you base the Resource Name or Group on decide. It's excellent.
                        Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                        Albert Einstein, (attributed)
                        US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Is there a way to hide certain buttons at the top of the calendar. For example, I would like ot hide the Date button. Does anyone know how to do that?
                          Gary S. Traub, Ph.D.

Comment

Which Calendar control?

Comment

Hi David,

I am using the calendar created by Jim Coltz - it really is awesome.

Would you know how to hide a button in that component?

Also, if possible, would love to see what you have done with alpha's calendar control ...
                              Gary S. Traub, Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X