Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

saving mobile contacts to mysql table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saving mobile contacts to mysql table

hello all ,

attached link to download below is phonegap app generated by alpha software
    the app will save mobile contacts OnPhoneGapReady event to mysql table

it have no ux component ,

there is index.html contain script ,
    this script should load when gapready event is fired ...

i want to import the code into ux ,

i tried pasting the code into ux component at the OnPhoneGapReady event ... but for some reason its not firing
    i tried to put alert('popupmsg') on the event
    but still its not firing

anyone can help me to run the code from ux instead of browser of phonegap index.html

this is the link to download workspace

any help will be appreciated

thanks
    Last edited by aal_fareed; 08-05-2017, 01:50 PM.
    To live anywhere in the world today and be against equality because of race or color is like living in Alaska and being against snow.�

- William Faulkner

Re: saving mobile contacts to mysql table

Anyone who follows your link to a web page which contains buttons to download a file... and then clicks a button... deserves anything that happens.
    If you have something to attach to a post, zip it and attach it.

Further... let's say someone actually does download the workspace, creates an app and runs it... and for some reason... it works. Whom ever is running your app just uploaded all their contacts to your sql table.

Did Alpha create the index.html file? Why not post just the index.html file? I wouldn't download a full workspace just to look at a problem.

You're saying you have code that doesn't run but you don't post the code or the file it's in.
    Last edited by Davidk; 08-05-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Sry David I actually tried to attach it but my browser PC have some issue with alpha forums

Also I didn't write assuming that you may download the workspace to find the code in there

Sorry if I let you have hard time this is not my purpose at all

What I need is to make this work through ux not through index.html in
      So it's pointless to only attach the code here

Again I apologies and I totally agree with you
      Just careful to upload your contacts ibf you care for them !!

Finally I posted workspace as anyone would like to use same idea :)
      The whole workspace is 11 mb only
      Nothing in it expect that index.html
      Last edited by aal_fareed; 08-05-2017, 01:49 PM.
      To live anywhere in the world today and be against equality because of race or color is like living in Alaska and being against snow.�

- William Faulkner

Comment

I hope that Google and Apple would never approve an app that automatically uploads all Contacts when the app starts.

You're other issue is that the code you posted for the world to look at contains a non-secure link to your server and to "insert" php code.

Comment

.. Removed
          Last edited by aal_fareed; 08-05-2017, 01:34 PM.

- William Faulkner

Comment

I was merely pointing out real security issues in your post and app. Not sure why you felt the need to make this post personal. I'll stop looking at the issue now.

Comment

David
              I am not making making this personal at all
              I truly apologize if that's how you feel
              It's just I felt that you are trying to say that am trying to steal people contacts when this is not my purpose at all
              I also thought that u r wishing that I would not achieve what am trying to do by saying :
              I hope Apple or google would never approve app that get contacts

I felt really bad espichslly that you used to help me

If you notice in my previous post I asked for your help and I am well confident that you could help with it
              I felt you are assuming am stealer
              So I had to write all this defending my self

If you think this is personal
              I say deep from my heart I am so sorry
              I do respect you as person befor anything cus you are the most helping person I even seen in alpha
              Sorry again this is not my best day I have a lot of stress over me
              Forgive me for being harsh in my comments

And hey , don't stop looking on issue
              And make my day :)

- William Faulkner

Comment

Working...
              X