Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Master Icon On IOS not display -- PhoneGap Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Icon On IOS not display -- PhoneGap Build

In Phonegap Build Project Settings I have set an image I want to use for the Master Icon on my mobile app. I have made sure the png file is 144px x 144px. However, when I install the mobile app on my phone it displays the default Alpha icon. How can I correct this?

Re: Master Icon On IOS not display -- PhoneGap Build

Did you Generate Image Resource Files?

Comment

Don’t think so how do you do it? I just put path to image already had in the master icon path in phone gap build

Comment

In your project folder, you'll find a folder named "PhoneGapProjects". In this folder you'll find a folder named after your project. In this folder you'll find a file named icon.png. Is this the Alpha image or your icon?

You'll also find a folder named "res" and inside "res" you'll find an "icon" folder and "screen" folder which hold the generated icons and splashscreens for each platform. Have a look through these folders and check if the files are your image or Alpha's image.

Within the "res" folder you may also find an icon.png and splash.png. Are these your image or Alpha's?

Comment

I have my mobile in same project as my web application. I went to all the folders I saw named icon and screen. I didn’t see the mobile app icon in those so I uploaded the icon but that didn’t help. I notice in adobe phonegap builder on the abode site that it has the alpha icon. Am I suppose to update it there?

Comment

No... there's no process available to update an icon at build.phonegap.com.

Find your project folder inside "PhoneGapProjects" and zip that folder and post it here. I'll have a look and see if all the required images are in place. Otherwise it's just a lot of guessing.

Comment

Thanks for send the PhoneGapProjects folder. There's some confusion here. Your PhoneGapBuild Project Name is IOS_App. Therefore there is a folder inside the PhoneGapProjects folder named IOS_App.

Inside the IOS_App folder are all the files and folders that PhoneGap Build needs to build an app.

Since you're only talking about the icon, that's all I'll refer to.

There is a file inside iOS_App named icon.png. By default this is an Alpha icon.
              There is also a folder named "res" which contains, in part, all the icons (sizes) required by iOS. By default these are all Alpha icons.

The names of these files cannot be changed... they must remain what they're named - this is what PGB and iOS are expecting. And... adding any other files (as you did with "Mobile Main Icon.png") doesn't accomplish anything.

To overwrite these default icons you must check the "Generate Image Resource File" option in the Alpha PhoneGap Builder. Then you fill in the Master Icon property.

When you Save... or Save and Upload, you'll see a message that Icon files are being created.

When you have a look at your icon.png file... or the files inside the "res" folder, you'll see they've all been replaced with the image you set in the Master Icon property.
              Last edited by Davidk; 10-21-2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Can you just drop them in there with the corresponding names, or is there some sort of generated resource going on?
                NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

The Alpha PhoneGap Builder creates all the files required in all the sizes required when the "Generate Image Resource File" option is turned on.

Comment

Well that was simple, thanks! What size should the splash screen image be to show totally on the screen? I have a splash screen that contains words but only seeing a couple of letters of those words. Seems it has zoomed in or something.

Comment

Splash screens are center weighted. The words in your image probably extend too far toward the edges. Post your splash screen image.

Comment

Moving words in from the edges worked.

Comment

So similar question but my issue is that the icons aren't showing up on Android and instead I am getting the default PhongeGap icon not the alpha icon. I've done the generate app icons again but it's still not generating them (made sure that the file being used is 144x144.

Comment

In the Alpha PhoneGap Builder... you've turned on "Generate Image Resource Files"... and then selected a png file in "Master Icon"?

Comment

Yep and I checked the folders and found all my icons in there and none of the default phonegap ones. I'm wondering if it had to do with changes to the XML file with version 7.0.1 so that's why I was hoping others were experiencing the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X