Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

How to lookup and fill in data in repeating section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to lookup and fill in data in repeating section?

i retrieve value from sql, and display data in repeating section with the same primary key?
    if i have 3 record with the same primary key and display in repeating section
    how to display the record?

Re: How to lookup and fill in data in repeating section?

Please can you give more details.

If you use data binding the normal way to approach this would be to have header information and Item Information.

Do you have the primary key from another (Third table)?
    Are you talking about a foreign key? ( The field that links header to Item)

Michael

Comment

Inv Table(InvNo, DocDate, Customer)
      OrderItem Table (OrderItemNo, ItemName, Qty, Price, InvNo)
      this two table are link, the relationship is one to many
      i want show OrderItem Table in repeating section

Comment

Good Morning CC

I have made a video to help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhZlqJobyVk

If you have any problems understanding, or you need more information just tell me the time segment and I will elaborate.

I am not sure what you are trying to do.

I have built a grid of the Invoices, I then put a button on each line of the grid and called a UX component to display the Info.

If you wanted you could do everything in a UX but if you have 1,000+ Invoice records you probably want to find the relevant invoices and then make your choice.

This is the true power of Alpha.

I created 2 tables (In Alpha)
        I entered the data
        I made a grid and a UX component.
        I then made a video of the whole event.

The total time was about one hour.

Michael

Comment

i search the purchase order no then will showing the data in repeating section...i using lookup and fill in action, but just showing one record in repeating section only...
          paint.png

Comment

Comment

Hi CC

I think your approach is slightly flawed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7lf1Iw1arA

I would suggest that you can achieve the same thing with my method.

Let me know if you need more help.

Michael

Comment

if get data from unbound database and show in repeating section???

Comment

Hi

CC I could not make it work with unbound tables.

I am trying to see if I can do it with a5_XB_RunGenericComponent(p) but at the moment I have not got the component to work.

You can use a list control to display the records and then popup a dialogue to edit a row.

You can embed an editable grid.

If you don't need to edit then it is easy to display with a5_mergeIntoTemplate.

Michael

Comment

Michael are you know how to write add row in repeating section with xbasic ?
                    in javascript is : {dialog.object}.addRepeatingSectionRow('CONTAINER_2');
                    but in xbasic how to write it?

Comment

Hi Chilli

I don't know but if it is important post a new message.

If you use a5_mergeintotemplate() you can build any Html you like; to build Alpha's functionality would be involved.

This may be the best route, but then you need to be good in Html.

Michael

See this thread http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...-row-in-XBasic

This thread seems to answer the question http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...asic-Loop-Code

More Here http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...-To-The-Number

Yet More http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...riable-problem

Comment

in javascript is : {dialog.object}.addRepeatingSectionRow('CONTAINER_2');
                        but in xbasic how to write it?
                        why?
                        dialog object is getting the information from the user and hasn't done anything with that information yet till it is submitted to the server.
                        javascript code runs on the user's browser. xbasic runs on the server.
                        so it will be appropriate to use the javascript code unless of course you want to submit each time and a new row is added automatically.
                        in that case it is lot easier to do with the grid and keep the repeating section to a single row and add a new row as you go on.

take a look at this, done with a grid:
                        http://screencast.com/t/svlgt4cIf3k
                        no voice in this computer. but you will get the idea.
                        Last edited by GGandhi; 03-11-2014, 05:31 AM.
                        thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                        mysql backend
                        http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
                        [email protected]
                        1 914 924 5171

Comment

Working...
                        X