Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Output to Outlook Stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you try this
    ”I had this problem in the past & found i had to re-install Office 365 cleanly using the microsoft tool & this got the integration with Outlook working again. Also turned off automatic updates in outlook so would have more control over these in case they caused the same issue.”

Comment

I use Outlook 2016 and I don't think it's an Alpha issue. So I'm going to flatten the machine and install Windows 10, Outlook (MS Office 2016), and then AA V12 in that order. I'll turn the PDF in settings back on and would expect it to work.
      Thanks for your input.
      Database Software Solutions Limited
      www.dbasesolution.co.uk
      http://www.precise360.co.uk
      PRECISE360 -
      LYNCHPIN -

Comment

OK.
        I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a new SSD.
        I installed Office Professional 2016.
        I installed the latest version of AA V12
        I configured in Settings/Systems PDF to Yes.
        Tested with the application and it fires up Outlook, creates an email but does attach the PDF document.
        It asks for the Alpha printer which isn't installed under the control panel.
        Followed by the dialogue Alpha Anywhere was not able to install the PDF printer followed by the suggestion it may be a permissions issue.
        I am configured as the administrator user.

Where do I get the Alpha printer from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Alex
        www.dbasesolution.co.uk
        PRECISE360 -
        LYNCHPIN -

Comment

Bit of a long shot
          https://forum.alphasoftware.com/foru...code-30-solved
          or
          https://forum.alphasoftware.com/foru...all#post663201

It's the Amuni Printer you may need to install
          See our Hybrid Option here;
          https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
          You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

Hello Ted
            Tried both and on each occasion got

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

Thanks anyway.

Anyone out there got a link to download the Amuni printer driver?
            www.dbasesolution.co.uk
            PRECISE360 -
            LYNCHPIN -

Comment

It's this new and improved Forum.
              Do a search for Amuni on here and the posts should show up.

Comment

The Amyunil print drivers can be found in your Alpha Anywhere folder.
                Alpha 5 Version 11
                AA Build 2999, Build 4269, Current Build
                DBF's and MySql
                Desktop, Web on the Desktop and WEB

Ron Anusiewicz

Comment

Thanks Ronald.
                  You are correct. When AA installs it creates two folders named:
                  • AmyuniLegacy
                  • AmyuniV5
                  Under AmyuniV5 is an application named InstallAmyuniPrinters
                  Right click and it gives me the option to Run as Administrator.
                  Do that and a dialogue box shows the file changes and ends with Printer Changes Succeeded.
                  Go to the Control Panel and open printers and it has installed Amyuni Document Converter 500
                  Go to the application and run the script behind the button and I get
                  PDF printer is not installed followed by Alpha Anywhere was not able to install the PDF printer.

Now Ted Giles being the kind man that he is sent me his version which works.
                  I delete the existing Amyuni printer and install his which is Amyuni Document Converter 450
                  Go back into the application and run the script and the results are the same.

It’s not the script because the same works on another Windows 10 machine under the Alpha Runtime.
                  It’s not the script because the same works on my demonstration notebook.

It’s not Windows because it’s a virgin installation on a new SSD.
                  However, having said the installation dialogue from the file InstallAmyuniPrinters in the AmyuniV5
                  mentions 64 bit!

This implies to me there may be a 32bit version of InstallAmyuniPrinters.

If so, does anyone have a copy so I can try?
                  www.dbasesolution.co.uk
                  PRECISE360 -
                  LYNCHPIN -

Comment

Investigate here;

Open Printers, Click on the Alpha Printer, select Manage and look at the settings.
                    I have one machine which would not run a printer unless the permissions were reset to "Everyone", so it may just be the Win10 settings which are at fault.

I have gone back to a V9 installation and the Amuni is on the disk, but I doubt it's that as the problem.

Comment

Hello Ted

Checked and configured and that did not work either.
                      Our application dialogue asks if the user wants to Preview, Print or Email.

Just thinking can I get it on Email to pop a printer dialogue box allowing the user to select another PDF writer ie. Microsoft Print to PDF?

www.dbasesolution.co.uk
                      PRECISE360 -
                      LYNCHPIN -

Comment

Alex,
                        Well if it works on other Win10 machines and you are sure that you are using the dev version to test it on the problem machine, the only other thing I can suggest is to send me a zip of the part which is not functioning and let me have a fiddle.

Comment

I'd suggest removing all 'Amyuni*' pritnters on the PC, then run Alpha5 as administrator and create a PDF within Alpha. This should prompt to 'install' Amyuni and once completed the PDF should open.

You should now have a printer called something like AlphaFivePrinterV5p0 which is what Alpha needs to see to create PDFs.

Comment

Working...
                          X