Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

PDF Printer no longer working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDF Printer no longer working

Running Alpha5V12 and I am getting the following message when trying to print preview a PDF.
    Alpha five was not able to install the pdf printer. it is possible that you do not have the necessary permission to install printer drivers.
    please log on to this computer with administrator privileges.

I am logged on as a user with administrative rights, and also, this used to work before. I believe it worked prior to my upgrade from Windows8 to Windows10. I have tried removing the Alpha5 Printer (actually I was previously just getting an error with the preview, so I removed to printer to try and reinstall it).
    I also performed the Amyumi directory reinstall as was mentioned in another post.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Laura

Re: PDF Printer no longer working

Switched to win 10? I would try reinstalling Alpha entirely, not just print driver.
    There can be only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Mathews View Post
      Switched to win 10? I would try reinstalling Alpha entirely, not just print driver.
      That worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

Comment

I just switched to win 10 too and have the same problem. Do I uninstall and then reinstall? Do I need to back anything up? Thanks.

Comment

The only thing I deleted was all the Amyuni printer drivers - and reinstalled Alpha from scratch as well as the patch that I was using.
          Cole Custom Programming - Terrell, Texas
          972 524 8714
          [email protected]

Comment

FWIW, I've found with my Win10 upgrades that I only needed to re-install the most recent patch, not the entire program.
            We're on v12.3 Build 2399, so our "most recent" patch is from 2014. We haven't gone subscription.

Comment

I am new to Alpha, will this also work on Alpha 5 Version 11?

We just uploaded to windows 10 and cannot print now, having administrator error message appear when trying to download print driver even though I am administrator.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

It should. Why don't you try it and let us know the results? Reinstalling a patch only takes a short time and doesn't disturb your data. Same for reinstalling Alpha itself.
                There can be only one.

Comment

It should. Why don't you try it and let us know the results? Reinstalling a patch only takes a short time and doesn't disturb your data. Same for reinstalling Alpha itself.
                  We installed the patch but still can not print...well that is not exactly true, we just realized that we can print a batch report but it is the PDF conversion process that locks everything up and will not allow us to print.

Comment

See post #2 and #3, this thread.
                    Last edited by Al Buchholz; 07-19-2016, 11:04 AM. Reason: added links to other posts
                    There can be only one.

Comment

Still can't print invoices - We have uninstalled Alpha5V11, reinstalled and installed the patch. I believe there is an error in the PDF conversion portion (error message attached).

Alpha 5 Printer Error.png

The weird part is we can print batch reports.

Any help is greatly appreciated as we have been dealing with this too long.

Comment

Not sure what a batch report might be.

Just to check, are you trying to print a report within Alpha and direct the output to the AlphaFivePrinterV4P5?
                        There can be only one.

Comment

I am working with bbazinet on this issue.

The main process that is failing is an output to PDF (which then gets emailed, printed or faxed). The batch report that he mentioned is direct to printer so doesn't really apply. We have other machines that are running Win10 original installs and a couple that are running Win10 from upgrades. It is being done in a script. Reading the above and what I just wrote, we're going to try direct print to .pdf to see if it makes any difference. If it does, I'll pull some of the code to see if anybody sees any obvious issues.

Comment

what I did to get it working was to first delete all alpha-amyuny printer drivers from the windows 'devices and printers' screen
                            then I installed Alpha and patch from scratch - fixed the issue
                            Cole Custom Programming - Terrell, Texas
                            972 524 8714
                            [email protected]

Comment

After additional research, we've found that the amyuni driver doesn't appear to be the primary problem in our case. It works fine to create .pdfs for email or fax but not for printing. It seems that it switches to the amyuni printer as the default printer then gets stuck on amyuni so when the script continues to physically print, it tries to basically print to itself. It doesn't happen on computers that are still Win 8. It doesn't happen on one that was upgraded from Win 7 to 10. It does happen on at least one that upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10 and a couple more that we can't remember if were originally Win 8 or Win 10. One option I'm looking at is to modify the script so it prompts for the printer but I'd rather find a solution that allows it to run as intended. It is Alpha V11 BTW. We have a subscription/license for the most current version but haven't gotten around to installing/testing it.

EDIT: I found a possible solution here: http://www.alphasoftware.com/alphafo...rinter+windows
                              Last edited by JohnFabrega; 07-23-2016, 02:10 PM. Reason: Found possible solution

Comment

Working...
                              X