Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Send Email Actionscript not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Email Actionscript not working

Hello !

I am having trouble getting the �Send Email� Actionscript action to work on a button that has been added to a grid component. See attached screen shot �OnClickEventActionStep.png� for a picture of this. This action has been assigned to the OnClick event handler of the button.

I am currently using Alpha Five Developer edition on Windows 7 64 bit and am using the �LivePreview� on the grid component from my local workstation to test it.

I have set up the email configuration with the following parameter values:

Email Settings section property values

Use default email settings: Unchecked
    SMTP server: myserver.mycompany.int
    Port: 25
    User name: left blank
    Password: left blank
    SSL option: left blank
    .Net library: Unchecked

For confidentiality reasons, the SMTP server name above is fictitious and is being replaced with my actual server name when testing.

Message section property values

Subject: Test Email
    Send To: [email protected]
    CC: left blank
    BCC: left blank
    Load message from repository: left blank
    Message Body (HTML): left blank
    Message Body (plain text): left blank
    Attachments: left blank
    Store message in outbox: left blank

For confidentiality reasons, the from & to recipients are fictitious and are being replaced with my actual values when testing.

Send When property values

Send when: Immediate

Client side event values

After message sent: left blank
    Show confirmation message: checked
    Confirmation message- success: Message was sent
    Confirmation message-failure: Message was not sent because of an error

Using the above property values on the send email action, I keep getting an error message saying that the message could not be sent. See screen shot �EmailError.png� for an example of this.

As a side note, I believe that my email parameter values are correct as I have run the XBasic email_smtp_open, email_smtp_send, and email_smtp_close commands directly from an XBasic interactive command line using the same values and the email gets sent out correctly.

As I said earlier, I am only testing this within by using the �LivePreview� of Alpha Five developer and have not placed the grid component on an A5W page.

Questions

1. What am I doing wrong or not doing that I can�t get the email to work from my grid component button ?
    2. I currently do not have the �Default� email profile setup done as shown under the View-System-Email menu option which is available from the normal control panel menu bar. Does this have to be done ? I didn�t think it would have to be done since the button is essentially using XBasic on the server via an AJAX call back to send out the email. Am I wrong on this ?
    I would appreciate it if someone could give me some help, suggestions, and advice so I can get the emailing to work from my button.

OnClickEventActionStep.png EmailError.png

Thank you.
    Last edited by EdSteckert; 02-01-2012, 11:29 AM.

Re: Send Email Actionscript not working

Did you try to debug it to find out what specific error it gives LIKE I am getting "Could not connect to SMTP Server" (No error code-That's why it is hard to debug further..) Or "SMTP Password not specified"(if i don't provide Password).

I am using same config. options as you except that I pass my internal network email ID as username and password -internal network password. I think it is not Alpha/ Action script Problem, It's a connection problem with SMTP server, I even tried providing SMTP.gmail.com- Port 465 but Same Error Messages!

I would like to know if you have resolved it already. If not, we may have to report a bug to see if they can fix it.

Comment

Re: Send Email Actionscript not working

Purvi,

How would you go about debugging it ?

The funny thing is that if I use the server side XBasic commands email_smtp_open, email_smtp_send, and email_smtp_close, the emailing works fine. I don't know why the actionscript option doesn't work. Like I said, I don't have any type of "default" email profile set up so I don't know if that needs to be done or not.

Ed

Comment

Working...
      X