Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Passing and Using a Variable from Dialog to Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Passing and Using a Variable from Dialog to Grid

I placed the file in the directory with all other grid and dialog files but it doesn't show up in the web components list..What do I need to do?

Comment

I placed the file in the directory with all other grid and dialog files but it doesn't show up in the web components list..What do I need to do?

Comment

If it's in the same place as your other components, then just clicking on All Files and then click back on Web Components should refresh the list.

As well, I just checked my zip file... I accidentally added the dialog twice... an old one and a new one... when you unzip, just unzip the TrainingSelect dialog that reads 5:20pm... sorry about that.

Edit: I fixed the zip file... just one entry for the dialog now.
        Last edited by Davidk; 05-25-2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

David,

Thanks so much for the help and time you spent. I wasn't able to look at it on Friday in front of the Holiday weekend. However I was so excited to see the code, I came in today while the office was closed and got your code to work.

One thing, there is an intermediate step that I must not have been too clear on and this is the heart of my issue. The operation name comes from a table called "TrainingGroupNames" and this is used to looks up a series of procedures from the Training_Group_Procedures. There can be many procedures associated with an operation. In the code you created, the Operation listed the procedures to chose from directly, it needs to list the operations and from there, the list of procedures is accessed and each needs to be added to the trainingdev table I also don't want to write an Employee/Procedure combination to the table if it already existed which is why I was trying to build an intermediate table with the employee name and each required procedure as a record and using the append function with the no duplicates function selected. to write these to the trainingdev table.

You gave me some great code and I might be able to figure out how to do what I need from it but if you want to carry on with this, I would be appreciative.

Comment

Hey Steve... recap time.

1. Select an Employee
            2. Select an Operation (from the table TrainingGroupNames)
            3. Select all the records from Training_Group_Procedures where the Operation selected in Step 2 matches the Training_Group field. E.g. select 4 records from Training_Group_Procedures
            4. Write 4 records to the TrainingDev table: Employee, Procedure #, Procedure Name

E.g.

1. Select Employee # 2
            2. Select Operation (from TrainingGroupNames) "Blanket Coat Brewer Coater"
            3. Select all the records from Training_Group_Procedures where Training_Group = "Blanket Coat Brewer Coater"
            4. Write the following records to the TrainingDev table:

Kristen Boyce A001 Pre-Blanket Coat Inspections
            Kristen Boyce A002 Blanket Photoresist Coating-Brewer
            Kristen Boyce A003 Blanket Post Inspection
            Kristen Boyce A007 Soft and Hard Bake

'cause... in order for Kristen to become adept at being a Blanket Coat Brewer Coater she must complete training for the above 4 areas.

If there's already a record in the TrainingDev table that matches one of the 4 records being written out, don't add that record.

How's that?

Comment

Exactly

Comment

This should help out.
                Attached Files

Comment

Simply Beautiful. That works great. More important, I can follow it and understand what you did. Thank you. I spent over 20 hours trying different things and would have probably spent 20 more without your help. I really appreciate your patience and effort.

Steve

Comment

Anytime. Same principles apply to SQL... just the xbasic is a bit different.

Comment

Working...
                    X