Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Resize Tabbed UI and its elements based on the Client Screen area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resize Tabbed UI and its elements based on the Client Screen area

Hi All,

Not sure how to ask this and maybe it is easy to do and I am missing it but I can't find a way to do what i need.
    I have a small App that uses a tabbed UI and we have built it so it fits on a iPad quite nicely. The problem come when we view it on a desktop screen that has a higher resolution. e.g. on my main screen I am running at 1920 x 1080 and the Tabbed UI looks like the screen shot. "small tabpane.png"
    Now I think.... the Tabbed UI expands but the contents do not.
    So on the pane I have a dialog with an embedded iFrame and 2 embedded grids to the right.
    What I want to do is "Anchor" controls, I do it all the time in Access forms and I believe reading the wiki Alpha Five Desktop also has Anchoring. But I see no way of doing it on the Web side.
    In the first screen shot you can see what the TabbedUI and embedded Dialog looks like on a higher resolution On the 2nd screen shot I have drawn arrows to show what I would LIKE to happen. The embedded Grid to anchor to the right hand side (Not get wider but to get taller, fill down so to speak) Then the embedded Fusion Chart (that is in an iFrame) I would like to fill across and down.

I have the same issue on a Grid with the Alternate View of a map It seems you HAVE to set the Map height and width to Inches or Pixels you can't set it to 100% How weird is that? anyway I have the same issue I have defined it so it looks OK on an iPad but there is a whole lot of unused screen space when viewing the grid on a Desktop. a wast and one of the FIRST things the client commented on !!!! typical!
    But I do completely get his point it is just it have been one thing I can't fix.

Has anyone worked out how to do this?
    Any help and suggestions would be gratefully received

Thanks in advance, Bruce

alt view_map_too_small.jpgsmall tabpane.PNGsmall tabpane2.png

Re: Resize Tabbed UI and its elements based on the Client Screen area

Bump Anyone? Am I missing something, I have just noticed that playing with the Calendar control that you are forced to set it as a fixed width. How do you resize the iFrame to maximize if you are viewing on a larger monitor?

Comment

Have you tried using percentages when setting the width Bruce?

width=90%;

Comment

Originally posted by coleresources View Post
        Have you tried using percentages when setting the width Bruce?

width=90%;
        Yeah I have but they don't work as you would expect and in the case of the alt view map they are not an option. in others if you choose say 100% for vertical then the control turns into a 1 inch strip ! no logic what so ever.

Comment

Bump again,
          Am I the ONLY person to run into this? Or is there a secret solution to this that I am missing? Or are everyone happy that the dialogs and Alt view maps are a fixed size and look small on larger resolutions.

Comment

I'd love to get an answer on this also.

Regards,
            Gavin Horne

Comment

Hi Gavin,
              It surprises me that we are the only 2 asking about this.

Comment

Either we're missing something or nobody's doing stuff for mobile devices with Alpha Five.

Comment

I think there are functions that size a page by using the maximum size of a persons screen. If you create a page that has that function on it then have a a5include the tabbeduipage maybe that would work?
                  Chad Brown

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Did you make any progress on this? We are also running up against the same issues.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherG View Post
                      Hi Bruce,

Did you make any progress on this? We are also running up against the same issues.

Chris
                      Hi Chris,
                      No we did not, But now I am working in V12 and I think there is now a Flex Layout container. Not sure this solves THIS issue but it sounds promising!
                      I have given up on expecting the Alt view of the Grid to adjust, seems like it is something that was started but never refined and in all reality has been abandon. the UX is where all development is happening.

Comment

Thanks Bruce. The TUI is a powerful component and it will be interesting to see how feasible it is to entirely replace it with a UX (while still being relatively code free of course).

Comment

Working...
                        X