Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Alpha buildin HTML editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha buildin HTML editor

Been playing a lot with the HTML editor on a dialog for a textarea field, it pretty much does most of the functionality I need, but a little disappointed cause do not find how to assign a body tag <b> nor how to add a line tag <hr>.

Any body knows if it be possible to customize it, I also like to make some of the existing functionality available to my customers.

Thanks,
    Juan
    Last edited by jmsilva; 07-13-2012, 04:15 PM.
    Juan Silva
    My Small Bizz, LLC
    sigpic

Re: Alpha buildin HTML editor

Same here, I really want to add 9pt as an option.

Comment

I would LOVE to have that kind of control over Alpha's HTML Memo Editor. I don't think it exists, however. I dug around in the documentation and found A5_HTML_EDITOR3()! And then realized "Toolbars" is a logical parameter and not a way to specify a custom toolbar for the editor. There may be public methods and the like available for the editor object that allow for things like adding a font size, but near as I can tell they're largely undocumented.

Have you looked at CKEditor? It's a JavaScript HTML editor. Fully customizable. You can edit anything about it you'd like---toolbars, layout, options, graphics. There's a wealth of plugins written by others for it. I recently integrated an event plugin that added the "changed" event to the editor --- so that I could automatically grab the editor's contents & save it in my record without requiring the user to click a Save button. I've also modified the font size options presented (swapped out pts for xx-small, small, etc) and created a super simple toolbar set.

Steve Wood has done some work to make CKEditor work with Alpha Five --- I'm not sure what exactly was required to get it integrated. I've been using the AlphaToGo version and it works very well. To the original editor's credit, I inherited a project with the AlphaToGo CKEditor (and framework.) So I honestly don't know what would be required to get a regular CKEditor integrated into a project. Though, I can't imagine it's THAT difficult.

---
      Sarah
      Alpha Anywhere latest pre-release

Comment

Juan already has my CKEditor Integration so I am sure he is playing with both. BTW Sarah, your CKEditor Integration is an older version which is a bit less convenient than the new one. The new one has auto-save and does not require you to click a preliminary Save Content button before the normal Submit. The new one is more tightly integrated with a simple User Defined Function in just two events, rather than a bunch of code on many events in the old Integration. It also provides complete control over the toolbar, height, width, color, etc.

Juan has asked me to add some functionality to the CKEditor Integration such as Image Upload; the only complication to that task is pre-configuring the upload folder.
        Steve Wood
        See my profile on IADN

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Wood View Post
          Juan already has my CKEditor Integration so I am sure he is playing with both. BTW Sarah, your CKEditor Integration is an older version which is a bit less convenient than the new one. The new one has auto-save and does not require you to click a preliminary Save Content button before the normal Submit. The new one is more tightly integrated with a simple User Defined Function in just two events, rather than a bunch of code on many events in the old Integration. It also provides complete control over the toolbar, height, width, color, etc.

Juan has asked me to add some functionality to the CKEditor Integration such as Image Upload; the only complication to that task is pre-configuring the upload folder.
          My CKEditor *was* an older version. I have made it more convenient.
          Alpha Anywhere latest pre-release

Comment

Hey guys, very happy with the CKEditor making my life much easier.
            Juan Silva
            My Small Bizz, LLC
            sigpic

Comment

Regarding the 'upload', I will either incorporate Alpha's Upload or the "CKFinder" solution if it is better. Key is that the uploaded file has to go to a pre-defined folder (a library), and then be inserted in the content area defined by the editor. That would make adding images very smooth.
              Steve Wood
              See my profile on IADN

Comment

Steve,

If it makes any difference in your choice, I get a lot of request to upload, for example, 20 photos at once rather than one at a time. I think CKFinder has this capability.
                Pat Bremkamp
                MindKicks Consulting

Comment

What's going on here? I was seaching for info on how to create a HTML editor for data entry like the one used for posting comments on this message board and have just stumbled on this thread. Please how can I achieve this and what is CKeditor, CKfinder etc. I also use Alphatogo but I aint heared of all these.

Comment

AlphaToGo has a number of products, one is a "CKEditor Integration" that allows you to drop in CKEditor in a grid or dialog to use as the WYSIWYG editor for a textarea. CKEditor IS the editor used in this forum. CKFinder is a companion tool to upload files and images to your server.
                    Steve Wood
                    See my profile on IADN

Comment

I there a way we can do this without purchasing?

Comment

Yes... don't go to bed.
                        Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                        Albert Einstein, (attributed)
                        US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Ha, I slept in to 5AM this morning! Isang, it took me (along with Pat Bremkamp) months to work out how to make CKEditor work nicely with Alpha. And then I added a bunch of tricks to make it real convenient, flexible and configurable from within Alpha. You already have an earlier version of CKEditor right in the AlphaToGo Framework, which you already own, but its not as neatly integrated as this latest version. This later version also has auto-save, which the one in the Framework does not have. In the Framework it is applied to the wt_content grid on a field named "content".

Selling it for a small amount allows me to provide documentation and support. Like my friend Jaun who started this thread; he reported that it was suddenly not working. Turns out it was due to a recent update I had made. Because I sold it, I was obligated to go figure it out, which I did. I also maintain a Forum like our Alpha message board to support CKEditor and other tools. I could not do any of that without some kind of return.
                          Last edited by Steve Wood; 09-28-2012, 08:45 AM.
                          Steve Wood
                          See my profile on IADN

Comment

Wow! I can see it's connected to the detailed view part. So how can we put it on the grid part?

Comment

The ckEditor integration done by Steve is flawless, very well behaved, easy to install and it delivers a lot of bang for the buck. I purchased it and I am very happy I did. If you feel you can integrate ckEditor into Alpha, more power to you brother, but I challenge you to do it and after doing it, and spending months of days and nights working on it, turn around and give it away for free.
                              Juan Silva
                              My Small Bizz, LLC
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X