Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Status of IIS Integration??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status of IIS Integration??

Was wondering if anyone has heard about the status of the IIS Integration, to allow virtual hosts?

Re: Status of IIS Integration??

If you want to do virtual hosting, you can install Abyss web server Pro ($59) on a windows 7 Home Premium machine and run multiple websites - as many as you want - using a single WAS with an unlimited number of users. You use a dns service such as DNSToGo to resolve the ip's. This is very simple to set up.

So you can have web apps running on each virtual site using a single WAS.
    Regards,
    Chet Sapino
    President,
    SAPINO Enterprises
    6451 Pheasant Rd
    East Syracuse, NY 13057

Comment

Can you give some instruction on the configuration? I thought others have tried this without any success... this would be absolutely awesome if it works!

Comment

Purchase the Abyss X2 Pro version for $59 and install it on a Windows 7 Home Premium machine. I use a 3+ GHz AMD Phenom II with 8 GB RAM, and off the shelf HP system. I put in another HD for backup using Acronis software so my primary hard drive is imaged continuously.

Follow the Abyss instructions to configure the websites. It's really easy and they have an abundance of help on their websites and on their forum. For each domain you purchase you have to enter the two servers and their info into www.dnsexit.com This is a free service. So if you bought your domains from godaddy, you enter the two servers into dnsexit's configuration. Then you download the free dnsexit app they have and configure it for each domain which is trivial. So when someone types in your domain that you purchased from say godaddy, it is looked up on dnsexit and the little app on your machine resolves it and they go to your virtual host that you set up with abyss. It is really easy to do this. Once it is set up you never have to touch it. When you boot the server, Abyss loads and runs along with DNS Exit.

So you can setup as many domains and websites on your Windows 7 Home Premium server as you want. The little DNSExit app resolves them all no matter where you purchased them. No domain transfer is necessary. You will be very surprised how fast this is if you are using cable internet at around 20mb/sec speed. Do not get Verizon internet/cable tv home service. They block all ports used for websites.
        including port 80.

So you set up Abyss to run on port 80 on the web sever. Then you install A5 WAS on port 8080 or any port of your choosing.

So you develop multiple web apps using A5v11. I have V11 installed on my web server so it is trivial to build a web app and deploy it. You simply publish it to a folder on the server. You can develop elsewhere and then copy the files to to a folder on your web server - open up the app with V11 on the web server and publish it. That's all there is to it.

So no matter what web site you have on your server running virtually, simply point a link on one of the web pages on a site to http://www.yourwebsite.com:8080/webappname/index.a5w

Note: webappname is the name of the folder where you have published index.a5w and all your web app stuff.

The WAS will serve the pages anywhere you tell it to on your server using the configured port which I have set to 8080.

click on this: http://www.sapinoenterprises.com:808...ager/index.a5w I don't have this link directly on my site but I can simply create this link on any web page and it will open up the contact manager application.

enter:

UserID: johndoe
        pasword: password

To run it in any other website on your webserver just change the domain name.
        Last edited by Chet Sapino; 08-14-2012, 08:40 AM.
        Regards,
        Chet Sapino
        President,
        SAPINO Enterprises
        6451 Pheasant Rd
        East Syracuse, NY 13057

Comment

Where in south Jersey do you live? I lived in Sewell for 9 years - 1994-2003. I really enjoyed that place.
          Regards,
          Chet Sapino
          President,
          SAPINO Enterprises
          6451 Pheasant Rd
          East Syracuse, NY 13057

Comment

Hi Chet, I live about 20 mins. outside of Atlantic City.. currently in Mays Landing, but grew up in Egg Harbor Twp. Been through Sewell many times!

Comment

Originally posted by pettechservices View Post
              Hi Chet, I live about 20 mins. outside of Atlantic City.. currently in Mays Landing, but grew up in Egg Harbor Twp. Been through Sewell many times!
              I've been thru that area many times. We used to go to the Renault Winery for lunch all the time. It was one of our favorite places.

We miss living in NJ. South Jersey is a great place to live.
              Regards,
              Chet Sapino
              President,
              SAPINO Enterprises
              6451 Pheasant Rd
              East Syracuse, NY 13057

Comment

Working...
              X