Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Can't create A5W page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't create A5W page

Hi:

created working grids. published and tested.
    tried to create an a5w page. using wsyiwyg. Do not see the inserted grid. try to run and a message is displayed-
    Grid contain one or items in Header and it will delete it.
    Never see the inserted it in the body before attempting to preview.

bob adler

Re: Can't create A5W page

Everyone I've heard from has nothing but problems with the WSYIWYG. I recommend going into your control panel, clicking "view" on the menu and picking "settings". In the settings, expand system and find preferences. Scroll down to HTML Editor and expand that to find default tab. Click on that and pick Source. After that, never even look at the WSYIWYG tab EVER again. Sources have confirmed that even looking at it might cause it to screw up your a5w page.

Try just using source and making your a5w page. See if it works for you.

Comment

Jinx,

Thanks that works. Its a little tedious.
      The Wysiwyg did work in older versions. Alpha must be slipping.

again thanks

Comment

We are not seeing any problem inserting a grid on a page using WYSIWYG. Can you provide a copy of the grid?

Comment

Hi Jerry,
          If you guys aren't having any issues with the WYSIWYG editor messing stuff up continuously that's strange. If you search the forum there are multiple thread describing issues with it.

It seems to like to reformat your code all the time.

Here's one post in particular: http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...hlight=WYSIWYG

Comment

Jerry,

Especially if you have added your own DIV's, other CSS and HTML, and are not perfect about how you insert a component, the editor will "help" by adding closing DIV's where they don't belong. That's one common example. I happen to follow a routine of putting "xx" in Source where I want my grid, then using WYSIWYG to insert between the x's. That keep the editor from moving stuff around, adding closing DIV's.
            Steve Wood
            See my profile on IADN

Comment

The problem inserting a component in WYSIWYG mode only exists in Windows 8. It works fine in all other operating systems. The problem is being investigated

Comment

Jerry:
                The wysiwyg inserts the grid into the header section. it is not splitting the header and body correctly. When I use the source approach I can insert the required code into the header section and then into the body. This happens on all grids. Have not attempted to insert multiple grids at this point.

bob adler

Comment

Hi Jerry you indicated that the problem only exists in Windows 8. Regrettably I am having the same problem in Windows 7.

Comment

Same thing here too Jerry, but in Windows Server 2008. I think it just happened with the last update, because I had no problems until I installed the latest patch yesterday, and today I tried to insert a grid component into an a5w page using WYSIWYG and the screen just flashes but nothing ends up on the page.

I was just getting ready to submit a bug report, when I saw this thread.

I have a5w page "templates" that I use to speed up development where I just insert the grid component, but after the WYSIWYG wouldn't let me do that today, I saved the grid to a new a5w page, and built the rest of the page around it. That worked fine, but of course it was very time consuming.

Probably just a glitch in that last patch.
                    Sergeant Richard Hartnett
                    Hyattsville City Police Department
                    Maryland

Comment

Update:
                      For one, the problem only seems to exist for me when I try to insert a component into a table. If I just import the component into the open space of an A5W page everything is fine, but if I try to import it directly into the cell of a table, it disappears.

Second, I rolled back to version 3019-4033 (which is what I was using just prior to updating to 3381-4096) and I am again able to insert components into table cells on an A5W page, so it must be something in the latest build.
                      Maryland

Comment

The problem in WYSIWYG is related to significant change in IE 10. Win 8 comes with IE 10, but Microsoft is pushing other operating systems to IE 10 as well. The latest pre-release has a workaround for the issues. However, you can always insert component in the source view

Comment

Well I am only using IE 8 on my development machine and the problem still occurred after the latest build, but either way I appreciate your efforts to correct the problem in the pre-release.

I solved it temporarily with a roll back, for now.
                          Maryland

Comment

Inserting into a table in WYSIWYG works in the latest pre-release build regardless of the browser

Comment

That's fantastic, thanks Jerry.
                              Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X