Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

looking for advise for duplicate a sales order record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for advise for duplicate a sales order record

Hi, I have a sales order UX which contains master + detail(in repeating section).
    What is the proper way to duplicate saved sales order to a new 1 and ready for user to make any changes.
    Thanks.

Re: looking for advise for duplicate a sales order record

I am travelling, No Alpha, but there is an option to return to the same record for editing after save.

Does this do it?

Michael

Comment

AFAIK the only way to do this is write an xbasic function.
      Peter
      AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
      https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Emm... let me explain further what am I going to do...
        1. I create a new sales order(master + detail item) - [Done]
        2. I retrieve back the sales order - [Done]
        3. I duplicate the retrieved sales order to a new 1 - [Not Done]
        4. Save the new sales order to database when user click submit - [Not Done]

What is the proper way to solve those scenario. If write the xbasic code it will insert new record prior user click submit....

Comment

Hi

Here you can populate the repeating section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7lf1Iw1arA

The problem with this method is the primary Key. All I have done is bought the original order in for editing.
          So if you change the Sales order number you don't duplicate you just edit.

I noticed a discussion on here before where some one, maybe David Kates, explained how to handle this problem.

Michael

Comment

At the end I need to have 2 records. If edit the original 1. How can I have 2 records?
            thanks.
            Last edited by wei243; 03-31-2014, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Search on Davidk

He has a lot of posts.

Michael

Comment

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...240#post669240

here is that discussion.
                but lot easier to do in xbasic.
                Last edited by GGandhi; 03-31-2014, 05:12 AM.
                thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                mysql backend
                http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
                [email protected]
                1 914 924 5171

Comment

Hi

I have done it after a fashion

It is not pretty but it is easy to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01wuPI7UCho

Let me know if you need any more help.

Javascript

function Duplicate()
                  {
                  var ContainerName = 'REPEAT';

//get a pointer to the child element
                  var cObj = {dialog.Object}.getChildObject('UXCHILD');

// write the customer name from one header to the next (Not in Loop)
                  var Cust = {dialog.Object}.getValue('Customer');

cObj.setValue('Customer',Cust);

// get ready to build the repeating section
                  var CurrentRow = {dialog.Object}.getRepeatingSectionActiveRow(ContainerName);
                  CurrentRow = {dialog.object}._repeatingSectionLogicalToPhysicalRow(ContainerName,CurrentRow);

var totalRows = {dialog.Object}._getRepeatingSectionRowCount(ContainerName);
                  for (var i=0;i<=totalRows;i++) {
                  var row = {dialog.object}._repeatingSectionLogicalToPhysicalRow(ContainerName,i);

// Alpha needs to know the row number hence + ':' + row (row is a variable set on each loop)

var colValue = {dialog.Object}.getValue('ItemName' + ':' + row);
                  var colValue1 = {dialog.Object}.getValue('Qty' + ':' + row);
                  var colValue2 = {dialog.Object}.getValue('Price' + ':' + row);

cObj.setValue('Qty' + ':' + row ,colValue1);
                  cObj.setValue('ItemName' + ':' + row ,colValue);
                  cObj.setValue('Price' + ':' + row ,colValue2);

// we need to add extra rows to the child repeating section.
                  cObj.addRepeatingSectionRow('REPEAT');

}

return;
                  }

MySQL

select `orderheader`.`InvNo` AS `InvNo`,
                  `orderheader`.`DOCDATE` AS `DOCDATE`,
                  `orderheader`.`CUSTOMER` AS `CUSTOMER`,
                  1 AS `Link`,
                  (`orderheader`.`InvNo` + 1) AS `Next`
                  from `orderheader`
                  order by `orderheader`.`InvNo` desc
                  limit 1

Comment

Oh great. Thanks Michael~

Comment

let's say my sales order master table got plenty of columns.
                      Is it possible to loop the table's column to set value accordingly in stead of set it 1 by 1?

Comment

Sorry please give me more details and I will try and help.

Where are you based ?

Comment

My UX got master + details
                          master = sales order no , sales order date, customer, shipping details, etc...
                          details = item code, item name, quantity, remarks, etc...
                          can I write a loop and get the column/control's ID?

In addition how to get Parent UX name(e.g. sales_order.a5wcmp) from Children UX?

Comment

Wei

The parent is known, the child gets an alias of your choice when you embed it.
                            You are embedding your details UX in the parent, all of the column control id remain the same.
                            You build the parent so again you can use whatever control names you want.

Notice
                            var cObj = {dialog.Object}.getChildObject('UXCHILD');

I gave the details UX an alias of UXCHILD

Wei_Child.jpg

Michael

Comment

Hi

What backend db are you using. It might be possible to use a stored procedure on the back end to achieve this.
                              Glen Schild

My Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X