Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

The Dreaded Error: Turn on Ajax Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dreaded Error: Turn on Ajax Support?

I just migrated a client to a new site. Both source and destination A5 installations match in version number.
    Yet, when trying to open grids, some of them have problems...

ajax.gif

No matter which option I click, I wind up with a completely blank, useless grid!

I am lost on this one. Any ideas?

PS... I just checked the source and Ajax is enabled on the problem grids.
    Last edited by mvaughn; 11-23-2014, 04:50 PM.
    Rapid Development, Training, Support
    http://data2web.network
    903-740-2549

Re: The Dreaded Error: Turn on Ajax Support?

Try this:
    From the web controlpanel/Edit/Bulk Operation/Update compiled files for Ajax grids

There's a couple of others there as well.
    Peter
    AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
    https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Make sure you can actually open the grid in an older alpha that matches their original build. Maybe the grid is corupt. You can get this condition if you are trying to open a published copy of the grid.
      Steve Wood
      See my profile on IADN

Comment

Thank you for the great tips. It turned out, as Steve mentioned, that some published grids found their way into the wrong folder.
        903-740-2549

Comment

Damn, happened again. Every time I copy grids from one server to another I get the same error as above. I copied the manifest files and the a5wcmp files. How do I get around this, please?
          903-740-2549

Comment

Delete all of the ._a5wcmp_manifest and ._a5wcmp_compiled files or at least don't include them in your copy. Deleting them will have no effect on your project. Although they serve a purpose, I treat them as junk files and delete all of them routinely using this batch file. They are automatically recreated whenever you publish.

del /s *._a5wcmp_compiled
            del /s *._a5wcmp_manifest
            del /s *.backup
            del /s *.tmp
            Steve Wood
            See my profile on IADN

Comment

Thank you Steve, that's a good batch file to have in one's toolbox. I emailed support directing them to this topic and will post what I get back to help others.
              Export Workspace would be a great help, but the only caveat that I see is with paths. That's prolly why there isn't that feature already.
              903-740-2549

Comment

Originally posted by mvaughn View Post
                Damn, happened again. Every time I copy grids from one server to another I get the same error as above.
                do you just go to the server and copy files from there and paste it to another server?
                you don't have to publish your files to the new server using different profile?
                thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                mysql backend
                http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
                [email protected]
                1 914 924 5171

Comment

We are retiring one server and launching another. I guessed, probably incorrectly, that it would be a simple matter of grabbing the development files from the old and pasting them into the new. Is there a proper way of migrating development machines?
                  903-740-2549

Comment

I learned something new. This is from a message that I received:

The best method I have found - one that seems to not have errors and to not miss anything - is to put the components you wanting in a zip file. The zip file has to be created in Alpha Five developer by right clicking in the Web Projects control Panel and selecting export. Copy that to where you want to move to and then import with the same method - go into project where you want the components to live. Note: I tried zipping outside of Alpha Five and it didnot work the same. I suspect because of hidden files or such.
                    Moved 28 grids twice now like that - nothing lost and no problems.
                    903-740-2549

Comment

We are retiring one server and launching another. I guessed, probably incorrectly, that it would be a simple matter of grabbing the development files from the old and pasting them into the new. Is there a proper way of migrating development machines?
                      you are retiring a SERVER and question about migrating development machines. I am not sure that's what you meant, are the development machine and server same?
                      I have two development machines (politically correct), one server. I have many times copied all my files from one development machine to another via a usb stick without any problem so far. even today I transported the files.
                      I have one server I publish there for real, another local server in one of the development machines to test at 30 minutes at a time.
                      since I do not copy anything from my server location I have never encountered the corrupt grids so far.
                      thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                      mysql backend
                      [email protected]
                      1 914 924 5171

Comment

This is at the client site and they insist upon developing on the server for their own reasons.
                        903-740-2549

Comment

This is at the client site and they insist upon developing on the server for their own reasons.
                          ok, now I get it. but make sure they don't mess up your hard work. tell them to keep off, I guess. or look don't touch.
                          thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                          mysql backend
                          [email protected]
                          1 914 924 5171

Comment

I agree with Gandhi, you just copy all of the dev files over. There is something odd about your situation if you have errors. Or you are taking some steps we cannot determine here (make a video of your process?). Regarding developing on the client's server - be sure they keep payments up to date.

I reviewed the export from the web control panel and it looks good except it includes files manifest and compiled files which you dont need. FYI that export does not include your publishing profiles, which is appropriate.
                            Steve Wood
                            See my profile on IADN

Comment

Thank you all for your input and advice.
                              I think in this situation, export from the web control panel is the best way to go.
                              903-740-2549

Comment

Working...
                              X