Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Redirect after login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redirect after login

I'm trying to redirect a user if they are logging in for the first time.

I have the security settings pointing to a page running this:

<%a5
    Select
    case EXIST(pUser.ulink,"[PathAlias.ADB_Path]\trainees.dbf","Uniqueid") = .T.
    response.redirect("AWNIndex.a5w")
    case else
    response.redirect("AWNFirstLogin.a5w")
    end select

%>

It keeps returning false.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Redirect after login

You should not need the = .T.
    It probably doesn't hurt, but the less code written the better,
    --
    Is this "[PathAlias.ADB_Path]\trainees.dbf" evaluating to the right directory
    Maybe try using something like C:\MyAlphaFive\trainees.dbf
    Also do you actually have a key called Uniqueid

Just guessing here!

Comment

Thanks Colin,

The Path shouldn't be a problem as I use it all through out the rest of the DB.

Uniqueid is definately a key as I again use it throughout the rest of the site.

Any other ideas??

Thanks

Comment

Your function should work. I tried the following to mimic (in desktop code):
        dim puser as p
        dim puser.ulink as c
        puser.ulink = "c2603eeb857a45a2913ca4fffca91e1a"

select
        case exist(puser.ulink,"web_users.dbf","Id")
        msgbox("A")
        case else
        msgbox("B")
        end select
        So I would test for the value of puser.ulink with
        save_to_file(puser.ulink,"c:\test.txt")

You might find it does not contain what you expect.

Also I have never used this pUser.anything in any application. I always use the session variable created by security to hold your ulink value. My session is named session.__protected__ulink, so I would write your expression like this:

Code:
        if exist(session.__protected__ulink,"[PathAlias.ADB_Path]\trainees.dbf","Uniqueid")
        response.redirect("AWNIndex.a5w")
        else
        response.redirect("AWNFirstLogin.a5w")
        end if
        Steve Wood
        See my profile on IADN

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I have changed over to session.__protected__ulink but still the result is false.

I tested the session__protected__ulink and the result is correct and the number corosponds with the uniqueid in trainee.dbf

Is there a different function to test if a record exists in a table?

Thanks

Comment

Still guessing, PACK and reindex trainees.dbf
            --
            Instead of Exist
            You could LOOKUP a Value in the table and test that the length is greater than zero, (I use to do that before I discovered 'exist') Don't tell anyone please
            Last edited by ColinJD; 07-21-2009, 01:09 AM. Reason: Forgot a comma

Comment

The formula is fine. A couple other things:

- ensure you are looking and testing in the same location. Example, maybe you are looking in the local table for the value but testing on a server where the server's table does not have the value.

- More likely this: when you first go to the app, before you login, I assume you try to open a specific page, and are knocked back to the login page. If so, take a look at the URL when you are back on the login page. If it has a "np=" in the URL that means after you log in it is going to go back to the page pointed to by np, such as np=mypage.a5w. It will IGNORE anything you have set in security as the desired page after login, and go straight to that page identified in "np".

Note - that's why it is a mistake whenever anyone tries to place a mandatory page in between login and wherevere (common practice), as it may be ignored depending on where the user tried to come in.
              Steve Wood
              See my profile on IADN

Comment

Thanks Steve,

1) I have published all files to my remote server.

2) With refence to the np, the users are linking directly to the login page so there shouldn't be anythin over ridding the re-direct.

Thanks for your help, this one is really stumping me!

I (think) I have it narrowed down to the EXIST(). I think it has to be the key_tag.

Is there a way of testing that?

Comment

Sure, just test it in your local app using Interactive window, where "12345" is a known value in your local db. If it works then ensure again that your value is present in the server copy.

You can reindex the server database by creating a Maintenance component and publishing that to the server and run re-index/pack.

exist("12345","[PathAlias.ADB_Path]\trainees.dbf","Uniqueid")
                  Steve Wood
                  See my profile on IADN

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I ran the maintainence component but to no avail.

I then ran this in the Interaction window:

? exist("2000","trainees","Uniqueid")
                    = .F.

and obviously had no success. 2000 definately exsits as a value in the Uniqueid field.

Maybe I haven't indexed the field properly. I think I have, but...

When I type Exist("2000...id") the options if I press ctrl + down are Uniqueid and __a5_recor.

Does that give you any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks again!

Comment

This is a guess.

Your problem could be that your unique id in the table is numeric. The session.__protected__ulink will actually be type character. So, you need to convert to numeric before you do the "exist()"

The exist() test is looking for a character value in a numeric index.

Pat
                      Pat Bremkamp
                      MindKicks Consulting

Comment

Thats it!

Thanks Pat (and all)

What do you think is the best method to convert to Character?

Cheers,

Pat

Comment

Working...
                        X