Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

XML and POST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drgarytraub
    replied
    Re: XML and POST

This is the error response I get back:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><api-response><errorCode>1</errorCode><errorMessage><![CDATA[Fatal Error: URI=null Line=-1: Premature end of file.]]></errorMessage><time>1277400343188</time></api-response>

Leave a comment:

• drgarytraub
    replied

Steve,

Here's what they want:

Content-Type: text/xml

So all I do is put that as the first line of the xml?

Do I enclose in brackets?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Workings
    replied

They don't need to know Alpha to know what they need in the xml file. And, they should be able to tell you what they want in the xml header, which is simply the top part of our xml output.

Here's an example.

Leave a comment:

• drgarytraub
    replied

Hi Steve,

I have been speaking to their technical support which has been difficult because they do not know alpha.

But it seems now that I need to submit a header, which you had mentioned above.

But how do I do that? Do I stick it in to the xml or what?

Leave a comment:

• Claire Shuttleworth
    replied

I have also had a problem with http_post.
    Try define the post in a user defined function and see if it works interactively
    If it does maybe we have the same problem

See my post...
    HTTP_Post problem

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Workings
    replied

I'll echo/second Steve Wood's last suggestion. When I did this I had a lot of interaction with the programmer at the other end who could tell me

a) that he was getting my post, and
    b) what was wrong from his point of view

I would never have gotten mine to work without that help and feedback.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Wood
    replied

You probably need to speak to an engineer at the vendor house. Like I said, I get no response at all from that link, and I am sending over ssl with what I think is the proper script (works elsewhere).

Leave a comment:

• drgarytraub
    replied

Eric,

I will look in to that tomorrow. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• bea2701
    replied

the schema shows that a ip is requested for access conformation.
    Have you tried that in combination by using test name and password?

Leave a comment:

• drgarytraub
    replied

Thanks Steve. OK, that verifies that the xml tags are preserved, so I was wrong, that was not the problem.

To answer your question, the url is:

https://api.intellivative.net/UniversalAPI/postAPI

Leave a comment:

• Steve Wood
    replied

The won't in the browser. use save_to_file(lst,"c:\test.txt") to see the string, open in notepad.

Leave a comment:

• drgarytraub
    replied

Hi Steve,

I am confused, because when I output the variable lst to the screen, none of the tags show up.

i.e.

? lst

Leave a comment:

• Steve Wood
    replied
    Re: XML HELP Please!!!

You don't need to save the string out to a file in the first place. Generally replace your fp.write_line with something like this:

lst = lst + "<tag1>" +variable+"</tag1>" + crlf()
    lst = lst +

so you build lst as the entire string, and send that as your post.

Are you sure of the URL you posted below, I get no response at that URL at all.

Leave a comment:

• drgarytraub
    replied

Thanks everyone for the ongoing input.

I do think I have found the problem, and it does not appear to have anything to do with SSL.

My code creates a file that is nicely formatted and I confirmed with the processor that this is exactly what they want. They also state that ssl on my side has nothing to with their being able to receive the transmission.

However, when I use the file to string function to read that file back in to a variable, the function strips out all the tags!

Thus, my question is now, is there a way to use this (or any other function) that will NOT strip out the tags when reading the xml text file in to a variable?

Leave a comment:

• bea2701
    replied

I checked the schema at the vendor and your output is missing serveral items, earlier remarks :

Valid SSL Cert
    You need a test name and password, accessnumber

At last an ip number requested Bingo Steve/Pat;)

You need to complete the schema output with all requested items

here you can download the schema : http://intellivative.com/docs/merchantAPI.xsd

Leave a comment:

Working...
X