Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Web clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jkukuda
    replied
    Re: Web clicking

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/initMap.do

If you don't pound at the site much this site may be beneficial to you.

Leave a comment:

• jkukuda
    replied

Yeah, Silverlight sounds a lot like the adobe product. I'm counting on the ingenuity of people to come up with a way to get the data from it.

Leave a comment:

• G Gabriel
    replied

I haven't really played much with Flash Player but these guys are at the cutting edge and it wouldn't surprise me if that's the case. I haven't had much luck with container’s ID and pretty much gave up on it. In fact, from what I understand there is question whether it's legal.

As you must have seen, lots of websites resort to squiggly letters to force users to manually enter the text. Another feature for added security is to force the user to enter the text using an on-screen keyboard.

Go Saints! 13 and 0!

Leave a comment:

• Peter.Wayne
    replied

I can't argue with this because I'm not that much of a web developer. However, nearly all of the sites I need to access, including banking sites, eprescribing sites, governemnt tax sites -- for all of these, I can see the html in "view source". I am able to use screen scraping for eprescribing in my medical practice and have not generally had trouble getting it to work.

Incidentally, I meant "Adobe Flash Player 10" in my previous post, not Adobe Acrobat. On the one site that stumped me, the only "View Source" was to Adobe Flash Player, and that was for data entry -- something I've never seen before and I wonder if it's a new feature of Flash.
    - Peter

Leave a comment:

• G Gabriel
    replied

Silverlight is absolutely awesome but there is a learning curve and once you get into it you can't help but working with things like Visual Studio and all other related products but I believe the future is with Adobe Flash Player which make Silverlight look like a student film.

Screen scraping is and has been for the most part, worthless. Any web developer worth his salt will not let you see where the container ID is specifically to prevent screen scraping specially for user ID/Password which is easily hacked. The way they hide these is by reference to a hidden file that you do not and can not see.

Incidentally, for the purpose of this thread you could eleminate a step or two and go straight to this page. The container ID in this page is very easy to locate.

Leave a comment:

• Peter.Wayne
    replied

Hi John.
    No, I haven't run into Silverlight. I have run into a web site that seems to be encoded entirely using Adobe Acrobat 10, and nothing shows when I try to "view source" from a browser. If that's the future of web applications then screen scraping will be obsolete quickly.
    Is Silverlight like that?
    - Peter

Leave a comment:

• jkukuda
    replied

Hi Peter,

Its been a long time. The next challange I see coming is with silverlight. Have you bumped into it yet?

Leave a comment:

• Peter.Wayne
    replied

Dr Laski,
    If you check the copy of my software that you have and look at the "prescriptionModeless" script, you can get an idea of how to do what you want to do. Just ignore the first 112 lines, which have to do with setting the screen display resolution. The rest of the script does an automatic logon and search for a patient on the Allscripts eprescribing site.

Leave a comment:

• jkukuda
    replied

Whos in jail can address Duval and St Johns.
    I don't know of a web site for Clay.
    One of the features of my software is checking for warrants. If you paid a bond and that person is incarsareted somewhere if you find him you can file for remission. If you paid a bond a warrant is issued and I provide for automatic checking with the click of a button, although its automated it still takes a click. It only works on defendants that have warrants. It is one at a time. That trims down the number of hits to the web site.

Leave a comment:

• hsl9999
    replied

I certainly would not be banging away at their site since I would only look up 2-3 customers in a weekday. Our main purpose is to determine if a customer has had any arrests for any drug related charges. Therefore our use of any single database would probably be more on the level of 1-2 lookups every 3-4 days. That is why I would like to create 4 buttons on my customer page. Once a customers name is given focus, pressing the approriate button would send that customers first and last names to the database and give me the ability to lookup their record. We are located in Duval County so I would need several buttons, Duval, Clay, St. John's County sheriff's office databases as well as the Florida and Georgia State Lists and the Federal list.

Leave a comment:

• jkukuda
    replied

Thats exactly what my Whos in jail feature does. However I don't automate certain items such as what you are asking. I can but I don't because webmasters don't like you banging away at their site,
    most of my customers have over 2000 names in their database. Thats a lot of hits on a we site. Multiply that by 10 bondsman thats 20000 hits on the site. If the site presents a daily blog I read it and check it against the database. Thats only 1 hit. I strongly urge you not to automate along the lines you are thinking. You will find the web masters will find ways to block your automation.
    I know, I've been through it. There are ways to automate with out banging away at the site, although its not as fast, it still better than typing everything.

Leave a comment:

• hsl9999
    replied

I just need to see if any of our customers have been in jail in 4 websites, Duval County, Clay County, St. John's County Florida and in the state of Georgia. This particular website is http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/Offe...OffQryForm.jsp. It was simple for State of Florida since I just needed to enter the last name and first name into the web address line. But in Georgia it is different.

Leave a comment:

• jkukuda
    replied

The following link will help.

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...ad.php?t=63926

Peter Waynes web site www.learn alpha.com has an article on screen scraping that should help.

I write software for bondsman, what is it you are trying to do?
    www.bonddetective.com
    I may have already done it.

Leave a comment:

• hsl9999
    started a topic Web clicking

Web clicking

I would like to create a button that does the following:
    1. Goes to the website address http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/Offe...OffQryForm.jsp
    Here it should click the 'I agree' button Go to the inmate Query button. Once this is clicked on the next sheet it should automatically click the "I do not have a GDC ID or Case Number, use the Advanced Search" button. Here the patient's last name and first name should be entered and then the next button clicked. On the new page the " All Offenders, Past and Present" checkbox should be clicked and then the next button clicked. And then the next button again should be clicked on the new page. this brings us to the page we want. How is this done with Alpha Five. I can create an active X that goes to the website address, but after that I'm lost
Working...
X