Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Calendar Style reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calendar Style reports

Hello, not sure if i should post this here or not but i figured ill give it a shot

I am trying to see if there is a way to create a calendar report that will highlight dates/times in which there is a data entry

for example the table would have 2 main sections, the date/time and the record type (in my case a number of terminals used/batched out in that day) this table keeps the terminal and the date combination unique as to stop any duplicates. i would like to see if i can make a calendar report that would state what terminals were remorped as batched on what days. don't need any other information then that for this particular report.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Re: Calendar Style reports

Do you have an example or can you create and example picture and post it here? Your description doesn't give me a clear idea of what you want.
    There can be only one.

Comment

Sorry, thank you for the quick reply, but here is what i meant

A regular calendar with the information written into it as to what terminals were done on that day

Sort of like if you go into a calendar program and input an appointment. The main look of it being a calendar, with the information written down for each day (if its time data to ignore the time and just use the date)

Capture.JPG

the information (like the terminals) would look like the "Today" note.

Comment

You might able to approximate that layout with a suitably designed label. A report doesn't have a provision for multiple records per horizontal line.
        There can be only one.

Comment

thank you, is there a way to create a subreport that will only include a list of all items on "first monday" and "second monday" so on so i can create the calendar using functions like that? i remember there was a setup similar to this in access, it was also i think a work around for it. Or simpler is there anything that would make all records in a query to a calendar if there is a date/time field on it?

Comment

Rough draft.

cal.png
            There can be only one.

Comment

That is close to what i am trying to achieve, Im thinking of if there is a way to set up so that records only show like this
              Capture.JPG

this might be a ton of coding or formating to do however :(. would be nice to find a program that will set up reports in a calendar. but till then ill work on this. hopefully asking for tips here will speed things up.

to clarify, i could use the record data to state the day of the month that would go at the top of the day box. i'm trying to see if there is a function that will limit it to a specific weekday (for example monday or sunday; such as 1st monday or 2nd monday)
              Last edited by Archesr; 11-07-2012, 07:50 PM. Reason: thought of more information

Comment

Edgar
                That seems a lofty request (even without the additional specifics) that doesn't fit any standard calender model
                It would require ingenuity and some experience of a range of approaches to attempt. For example typically
                Standard calendar framework
                Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri-Sat
                --------1---2---3---4---5
                -6---7--8---9--10--11--12

where your first Sunday is actually later than the first Tuesday

Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri-Sat
                -6--7---1---2---3---4---5
                13--14--8---9--10--11--12

Its certainly doable but I dont think you can plug in to anything existing
                Last edited by Ray in Capetown; 11-08-2012, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Well for the first week all of them would have if requirements like this:
                  if day=1 then "records"
                  else records from "day before +1" (as long as day before is in same month)
                  else blank

last day of the first week forward would not have the else blank just have the records from "day before +1" (last day of first week would still have if day=1, second week forward would not have it)

im thinking about any situations that would make it difficult for the last week of the month, but i cant think of any, if i do ill come up with some requirements for the last week to make it not get errors. so far the only thing i can think of is for the last week require it to have the same month# so it doesn't start off next month before it should.

let me know if this seems overly confusing, or too much work for something that can be done a lot simpler XD

Thank you for your input :D i get lonely thinking of things on my own XD

Comment

I did this in v7, for a client

The subreports runs out long before 31 days. I did it by double print(2 reports). the first half(15 days) printed and then the paper was reinserted for the second half.

Took a long time to make, but it worked really well for them. It was for a vacation schedule for 70 employees.
                    Dave Mason
                    [email protected]
                    Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Well atleast i know it can be done, i was thinking subreports as well. easy if i can create a subreport template and have a master report just connect all the subreports as necessary.

i'm wondering is there a way to save a report style to be used with other tables/queries? If i could create a template out of that calendar report it would save me (and possibly others) a ton of time

Comment

Edgar,

I have a few report with calendar style which made from here. http://www.learn alpha.com/menubar.htm

Comment

Thank you, but i was unable to find one at that link, i was able to find a "A Calendar Utility for Alpha Five" but that link doesn't lead anywhere "http://www.alphaforum.com/Pub/11Nov99/calendarplanner.cfm?Alphaversion=A5&Destination=11nov99/calendar.cfm"

Comment

Edgar

The site is Learn Alpha Five, Wrote by Peter Wayne or his book xbasic for everyone.

http://www.learn alpha.com/Xbasic2003/Xbasic2003.htm Month-At-A-Glance in Xdialog: Presentation at the April 2003 Alpha Five Conference

Comment

That is a good calendar for learning.
                              Dave Mason
                              [email protected]
                              Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Working...
                              X