Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

chart multi column data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart multi column data

Hi,

I need to create a series of graphs based on a table of historical data with Alpha Five V11. I created a form based of the data on a table that are searched by some variables. I have filtered the records and returns the result. Now my problem is that I do not able to create charts obtained by this selection. Can anyone tell me where I'm wrong?
    Attached Files
    Cristiano
    [email protected]

Re: chart multi column data

Your attachment contains the test workspace definition but not the table or its support files. The table seems to be stored in another directory (not a good practice).
    There can be only one.

Comment

Hi Steve ,

Thank You your reply,

on effect during the duplication of the workspace I forgot to duplicate also the table.
      you can find on the new attach
      Attached Files
      Cristiano
      [email protected]

Comment

I see two fields graphed, what is it you want to do?

graph.png
        Last edited by Stan Mathews; 12-12-2012, 11:06 AM.
        There can be only one.

Comment

Hi Steve,

The table is the historical data of a Company from year 2005 to 2011 (and than will be 2012 ; 2013; 2014 and so on ) When search using the combo boxor the supplier or client or month or the year I need to see the graphic of two field named :FATTURATO and GRANDTOT . As I do not see any other manual or seminar for to understand how work the Chart data component, I thought I had to use 2 fields with multiple colum for chart . It's wrong ?
          Cristiano
          [email protected]

Comment

Go to Chart Properties and goto "Data Columns" and define your data there.

~ Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

is not so easy like you say .The chart have to represent the query result arising from the four research variables and it's just Because I do not know this component that I'm not in a position to obtain a satisfactory result . I tried many times but with poor results
              Cristiano
              [email protected]

Comment

I needed to create a dashboard showing the past 6 months of data. I ended up creating a new dbf table just for the charts. I then fill the table as needed by the user to refresh the data.

Comment

Hi Tom,

It is exactly what asked to me the customer. The table that I had previously attached, (test1.rar) (now used only for the chart) should show a graph based on the selections from the variables (supplier, customer, month, year), but as mentioned not knowing working with this componente, I was stranded in the development
                  Cristiano
                  [email protected]

Comment

My wife thinks we should travel to Venice to assist, but I attached a zip file of my approach in a private email.

Hope it helps.

Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

thank you for your mail. Your approach it's very helpful for me because I could learn some things that were wrong . But as my sample do you think that I can use the my search variable using the ' ARGUMENT ' and ' ARUMENT BINDING' to create each time different charts ?

Thankyu
                      Cristiano
                      [email protected]

Comment

I was unable to make the query approach work. In general I found working with charts to be very difficult. So I simplified and created one database devoted to serving the Chart. It works great. But the user has to push a button to update the charts, actually only the current month's chart, but the script updates the past six months. For my usual user, it doesn't take long. Another advantage of using a dedicated dbf file, is if you need update the table structure, just copy the default chart_dbf file to the user, and when they click to update it will replace the default data with their information. Some of my expressions to fill the chart_dbf are long and complicated, but they seem to run just fine.

I suppose if you want to automatically create a different chart each time, you could put code on the form's Init action to push the "Update" button on the form.

Hope this helps.

~ Tom

Comment

Thank you Tom,

I think there should be a possibility to use variables, asking at the user which filter they want to use in the query
                          Cristiano
                          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                          X